Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Time waits for no one
Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:41

New here, hello guys (and girls, of course)

now we know Mick reads (or has someone to read) this forum:

vote here for "Time waits for no one" with Mick Taylor, Ronnie and with Keith on guitar (acoustic or electric, MJ himself could strum along on ac gtr to). but most of all, Keith on backing vocals.

Come on Mick! You can do these wonderfull vocals live!

bye y'all
Till the next goodbye

Re: Time waits for no one
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:42

Horrible song, please don't! hot smiley

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:45

His Majesty

mick has no qualms about singing horrible songs...that argument ain't a-gonna work....

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:53

cone on!

those lead guitar waves! now is the time to do it, with MT being there.
Mick might be a bit reluctant about the lyrics, but he wrote them, to begin with..

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:56

His Majesty

It's an a-typical Stones song, but it's not horrible. Lyrically, it's one of the groups better efforts and the solo at the end ranks right up their with CYHMK.

Still, I don't think it would come off well live. Although, the crowd doesn't seem to care what they play at these concerts. I wish someone would get that point across to Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 01:57 by Laughingsam.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 23, 2013 02:00

I'll vote for that...and as many GHS & IORR tracks as possible....thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: May 23, 2013 02:05

Laughingsam
His Majesty

It's an a-typical Stones song, but it's not horrible. Lyrically, it's one of the groups better efforts and the solo at the end ranks right up their with CYHMK.

The lyrics are terrible, the often talked about Taylor guitar is just typical mid 70's soft focus pap.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: May 23, 2013 02:22

His Majesty
Laughingsam
His Majesty

The lyrics are terrible, the often talked about Taylor guitar is just typical mid 70's soft focus pap.
Agreed but I like Stones mid 70's soft focus pap.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 02:23

His Majesty
Laughingsam
His Majesty

Now what if twfno was released in '72? Early 7-tees soft focus pap ? grinning smiley

Date: May 23, 2013 02:43

Three Friends is an amazing piece of writing and performance. cool smiley

TWFNO is just a MOR song with bad lyrics and overrated guitar playing. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: May 23, 2013 03:27

TWFNO- my FAVORITE song!!! NEVER performed live...Now that Taylor is touring with the band, this is the Perfect time to play it!!! Please!!!!

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 23, 2013 03:42

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Venitlator Blues?

I'd prefer to hear this over T.W.F.N., although they couldn't get it down in 72, so I don't know..Dropped after one time wasn't it?

Everything Ive read talks about the difficulty of playing this, but man, it would be sweet!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: May 23, 2013 04:09

TDive25
New here, hello guys (and girls, of course)

now we know Mick reads (or has someone to read) this forum:

vote here for "Time waits for no one" with Mick Taylor, Ronnie and with Keith on guitar (acoustic or electric, MJ himself could strum along on ac gtr to). but most of all, Keith on backing vocals.

Come on Mick! You can do these wonderfull vocals live!

bye y'all
Till the next goodbye

Speaking of the Till The Next Goodbye, how about they do it. I would also love to see them do Indian Girl, in a club setting of course.

Date: May 23, 2013 04:42

They won't play any songs on this tour that weren't rehearsed. They've never even considered doing this one live . . . At least "Slave" and "Winter" were rehearsed for previous tours but even those never made the cut. This song, however, hasn't even been attempted. Better to hope they play something like "Worried About You," "Around And Around," "Lady Jane" or "I Wanna Be Your Man" again on this tour--they rehearsed all of those.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:16

Mick Taylor has played this song a few times though... Mid 1980's at a Gig in LA, Acoustically he played this with Erwin Nijhoff on a RADIO 192 broadcast that has been WIDELY bootlegged and then he again played this at 2 gigs in late 2007 with Erwin & Mick's band

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:37

Marhsall
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Venitlator Blues?

I'd prefer to hear this over T.W.F.N., although they couldn't get it down in 72, so I don't know..Dropped after one time wasn't it?

Everything Ive read talks about the difficulty of playing this, but man, it would be sweet!

Charlie had a rough time handling the rhythm during the recording of the song. As explained on the Stones In Exile DVD, Bobby Keys had to cue him along by clapping out the rhythm before Charlie could finally get the hang of it. As Bobby gleefully explains: "Where I ever had the balls to tell Charlie Watts where 2 and 4 were was beyond me... There, you heard it right here--I taught Charlie how to play the drums!"

Posted by: MidnightLurker ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:02

There aren't many vocals in that song. Most of the song is the guitar outro. I'd rather hear Heartbreaker with MT. When did they last play that one? Seems like it has been a while but great song live!

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:48

What's a qualm

Re: no
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:33

Qualms = misgivings

And yes, the lyrics to TWFNO are 100% cringeworthy.
The only way it could possibly pass muster is as an instrumental - and even then all the musical frilliness is ... ick.
The solo is the only part that's worth anything, but even that is ... well, a matter of taste apparently

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:33

His Majesty
Three Friends is an amazing piece of writing and performance. cool smiley

TWFNO is just a MOR song with bad lyrics and overrated guitar playing. tongue sticking out smiley

I like them both. But agreed, If I had to choose between GG or RS taking to Mars for the rest of my life, I'd go for the Gentle Giant. winking smiley

Re: no
Posted by: rubytues ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:37

Time can tear down a building or destroy a woman's face
Hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste

Blimey, if that's cringe, beam me up Scotty!

An absolutely superb, beautiful solo. Maybe you need to get that wax out of your ears with sssoul

The Stones will never play THIS MT song on this tour...
Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 02:44

...unfortunately. I definitly hope so. But I think this song wouldn't match with the whole setlist during this tour. And too much Mick Taylor would damage Jagger's ego.

Don't get me wrong... I'm really glad they've played Sway, CYHMK, Midnight Rambler, Satisfaction and Love in Vain. I'm very thankful that Jagger/Richards gave MT some fine moments during this tour. I'm a big MT fan. So, I'm alright.

Even though I would love to hear them play TWFNO... for sure...

Re: The Stones will never play THIS MT song on this tour...
Date: May 23, 2013 02:49

Ugh.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 23, 2013 03:16

In some way you are in the know? Why would they not play this one...they have officially surprised us don't y'know...

Date: May 23, 2013 04:24

Munichhilton
In some way you are in the know? Why would they not play this one...they have officially surprised us don't y'know...

Why would they not play it? Because they didn't rehearse it once for this tour, that's why. They tend to not play songs they haven't rehearsed. winking smiley Plus, I haven't been that surprised on this tour myself, though I can't speak for others. Everything they've played live at this point, even the one-offs, are things they rehearsed.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:08

This would meander for days, hours......at least minutes.

Date: May 23, 2013 10:06

They see the cheesiness of it?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:18

Ohh if you promise they really won't I shall be sooooo grateful!
Not only cheesy - it's cheesiness that's *way* past its best-by date.
Even an instrumental version, with Chuck doing the tick-tocks, would be ... [shudder]
No. Just no.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:27

DandelionPowderman
They see the cheesiness of it?

Yeah it has "the ugliest side of the 70's" written all over it. Give me DLSister instead of this one!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:27

I hope not. Plenty of better options to play IMHO.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1374
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home