Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: The Rolling Stones with Dave Grohl - Bitch
Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:21

Sorry, the me too was in agreement with Green Lady.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:41

KatieGirl
Sorry, the me too was in agreement with Green Lady.
Don't be sorry....... I have unpopular opinions too!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:43

That was great! Dave gave them a booster shot which put fire in the belly. I'd spend the bucks on a Stones show with Dave from start to finish if MT is going to just play a song or two.

I would, moreover, love to see Jagger tour with the Foo Fighters. They played the best version of IORR since the studio version.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:52

palerider22
CousinC
Great energy! Bring him back for slightly dragging songs like Rocks off.
To compare with 70's versions makes no sense here.

Oh sure, why not...bring Grohl back for 'Rocks Off". Bring him back for the final bow too...he plays as much as Taylor does...you know, the original guitarist on that song sitting around watching...

Oh my god! I've always loved Taylors Stones'playin. But there are still some other things going on on a 2013 Stones tour apart from Mick Taylor.
I was talking "guest-spots" which is an integral part of this tour and Grohl's energy would do good for some of their stuff.Taylor is something else . .

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:59

Why do we have Keith bashing at all? Keith wrote or had a hand in writing most of these songs we know and love.

Date: May 19, 2013 20:02

And Keith plays well here. Some people tend to think he's pushed in the background just because the taper didn't film him that much. Solid playing, and it rocks!

Date: May 19, 2013 20:11

GumbootCloggeroo
No wonder some of you guys aren't happy with this current tour. You're comparing it to performances over 30 years ago?!? sheesh!

Yeah, and don't forget that many were higher than a kite in those days, and so were the performers. Even the not so attractive lady at the end of the bar can look like a super model by closing time, if you get my drift. Faster isn't necessarily better.

Date: May 19, 2013 20:17

DandelionPowderman
And Keith plays well here. Some people tend to think he's pushed in the background just because the taper didn't film him that much. Solid playing, and it rocks!

Keith has been outstanding this entire tour.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 19, 2013 20:22

Just watched it, without reading any comments... that was awesome

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 19, 2013 20:23

It was a great energy boost. Let's just be glad for what we're getting, rather than let our imagination run away with what we're not. I think it shows that the rest of the Stones will respond when pushed. Charlie certainly responded.

Date: May 19, 2013 20:27

slew
Why do we have Keith bashing at all? Keith wrote or had a hand in writing most of these songs we know and love.

Plain and simple jealousy. There are a lot of frustrated musicians in the world.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 19, 2013 20:40

Anyways I posted the other videos from the past to gauge the energy level. More of how did it look and feel at the moment.

I think the Grohl version was a little too up tempo for Mick. He appeared to be a little out of his comfort zone. The faster guitar playing kind of took him out of his groove and dance zone. Even Charlie was working hard to keep up.

Either way the song has been relevantly cool for over 40 years.

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: May 19, 2013 21:18

I'd have to call that disrespectful on DGs part

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 19, 2013 21:23

Sounded great to me.

Keith's fills were on the money.

Grohl's crazy guitar solo was good too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 21:28 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: May 19, 2013 21:30

This is a good version, from last year, or even better:

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 19, 2013 21:57

It was only a matter of time, do you think he we be a guest again? I hope he comes to Philly!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:28

Terrific rendition of Bitch. Mick full of enthusiasm, Keith soloing OK, and Grohl rocking-out most appropriately. This is full-throttle rock n' roll, right here!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 22:28

slew

yes, it's perplexing. i think it's amazing how capable he is after the life he's lived and the medical issues. we are nearly 1/2 way through what could be the last tour of the americas. it would be a shame if keith went out in a blaze of bad jokes from his biggest fans. i don't think the guy deserves any sympathy or to be given slack, but it's so obvious he's slowing down so much, this really could be the last time, i think that people will look back on him on this tour with a more sentimental and forgiving eye than perhaps they are now.

the negative impact of the ticket pricing can't be overestimated. such a huge mistake on their part. instead of a fond anniversary tour, they are gouging their fans and their fans feel free to pick them apart mercilessly in return because they feel so exploited.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 23:29

sonomastone
slew

yes, it's perplexing. i think it's amazing how capable he is after the life he's lived and the medical issues. we are nearly 1/2 way through what could be the last tour of the americas. it would be a shame if keith went out in a blaze of bad jokes from his biggest fans. i don't think the guy deserves any sympathy or to be given slack, but it's so obvious he's slowing down so much, this really could be the last time, i think that people will look back on him on this tour with a more sentimental and forgiving eye than perhaps they are now.

the negative impact of the ticket pricing can't be overestimated. such a huge mistake on their part. instead of a fond anniversary tour, they are gouging their fans and their fans feel free to pick them apart mercilessly in return because they feel so exploited.

Good analysis! The pricing, and lack of concern for the entire southeast is rather rude. As far as Keith is concerned, I find him to be confusing. He himself has allowed that he was never a Clapton or Taylor type of soloist, but it seems like the farther removed he is from it, the more he tries to do it. I would be so very appreciative of him anchoring the rhythm and taking the solos he can handle. Perhaps he started taking on more when Woody started having his issues-I still don't sense he is"in" like he used to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 23:32 by Thrylan.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:45

dave grohl talks shit about keith in the lemmy doc and then goes up there and plays with him, hypocrite!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:50

melillo
dave grohl talks shit about keith in the lemmy doc and then goes up there and plays with him, hypocrite!

keith can't even remember what song he's playing half the time...i doubt he remembers anything about the lemmy doc....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:51

not the point

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:17

Just peerfect! Dave gave the song the energy boost it needed. It inspired Mick, Ron and even Charlie! In many ways I think Keith has been an energy thief for The Stones for quite a while now. He doesn't have the drive he used to have and drags the band down. Bitch and Shattered are excellent song selections but they need that kind of energy boost that Dave gave them. Much to Keith's detriment probably...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:21

Green Lady, I see what you are getting at but Dave plays that way all the time. It is just who he is. I do not think he is trying to 'upstage' anyone, just that he is trying to play/perform the best he possibly can. None of us gave John Mayer a hard time for NAILING Respectable and his performance was far better than Grohl.

Dave's playing is not the impressive thing here.. It is his intensity. He hits bum notes very fast and consistent. Most of it sounds great!

Regarding Keith.. Grohl's playing did not affect Keith in a negative way. Keith is playing the same way on every song, at every show. We are seeing a slow and calculated Keith these days. I am thrilled his focusing on playing, but he simply can't do what he used to do. In 72 Keith drove the bus. Now its all slow bends/fills.. LOTS of bends... Holding one note and using it as long as possible. It saves his right hand.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:24

JumpinJackOLantern
DandelionPowderman

Keith has been outstanding this entire tour.

I agree

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:27

Yes. It would be like to ask to Angus Young not to move on stage to not steal the show or to 'upstage' the Stones (no risk at all for Mick !). Nobody said that in 2003 when Angus was on stage with the RS, but it was another Keith...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:48

Keith played fine on Bitch!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:49

slew
Keith played fine on Bitch!

it was decided that he didn't already. try to keep up.

Posted by: nobs ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:50

Back to the drums Dave, good job by the sound crew keeping him out of the mix for most of the song

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:24

I've watched the clip again just now and am wondering if Grohl got a little lost during his solo. It starts off tremendously, but then he seems to get stuck on the same few notes. He really takes the song to another level - it's been atrocious at times on recent tours - but I wonder if he lost his way a little with all the excitement?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home