Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will we get CYHMK and other gems in Chicago?????????
Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 18, 2013 18:49

3 shows... I cant believe they will play the same bit with Taylor 3 in a row. Or will they? I would be disappointed if they played essentially the same show 3 staright shows in the same town.

Re: Will we get CYHMK and other gems in Chicago?????????
Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 18, 2013 19:29

Satisfaction and Midnight Rambler, two perfects songs. MT is here but no opportunity to shine too much as he could probably do during Sway and CYHMK...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 19:39 by roby.

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: May 19, 2013 01:55

SWAYZ
3 shows... I cant believe they will play the same bit with Taylor 3 in a row. Or will they? I would be disappointed if they played essentially the same show 3 staright shows in the same town.

They played CYHMK at the Aragon in 2002 - which was a smoking good show - they also played "Walk and Don't Look Back"...and Bono even popped up on stage for "It's Only Rock and Roll" as he had been taping an Oprah show in town that day...

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:29

They played the Peter Tosh song???

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:34

Hoping for Moonlight Mile, Ruby Tuesday, and Emotional Rescue on third night. Long shot: Coming Down Again

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 19, 2013 02:43

You misspelled L I T T L E Q U E E N I E.

But yes I agree... hope they change things up. They need to play I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Little Queenie and Street Fighting Man!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 19, 2013 03:44

SWAYZ

Yeah that would really suck for those who can afford to buy three tickets in a row. For those who just go once to have a good time: have fun!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 03:45 by Koen.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 19, 2013 04:50

I hope we (basically you who are able to attend one of the shows) will get Sheryl Crow there! Really missed her guest-part so far... Maybe Honky Tonk Women again? That was great 10 years ago!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:23

OH GOD NO!!!!! Please don't let it be Sheryl Crow, that would be just my luck after having to put up with her insanely drunk fans at a festival last year (while waiting for someone else), and having to endure a set she totally phoned in. angry smiley

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:32

Inside Information has them opening with - She Said Yeah !!!!! with Rollie Wickstrom on the Picolo and Aluminum Maracas !!!!! Shhhhh, Don't Tell Anyone This Is A Huge Surprise !!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 10:35 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:46

flacnvinyl
You misspelled L I T T L E Q U E E N I E.

But yes I agree... hope they change things up. They need to play I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Little Queenie and Street Fighting Man!

Oh Wow is it Spell it Correctly Day Again - Thanks For The Warning, Guess I will Brush Up For The Spelling Bee !!!! Thanks Again -

Date: May 19, 2013 15:27

lazzzybones
They played the Peter Tosh song???

Yep, but they did the original Temptations-version. It was a mess, and the song was ditched from the setlist. Bono's performance was really bad on IORR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 15:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 19, 2013 15:49

Buddy Guy for Champagne.... - Buddy, show them how to play lead guitar.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 19, 2013 16:33

Maybe BB King AND Buddy GUY !!!!
that would be nice.

Jeroen

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 19, 2013 16:35

Playing CYHMK would also be a great opportunity to showcase Bobby Keyes too.If they didn't have time to work the song up in rehearsals,why don't they do it on a day off?

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:14

I'm thinking Shemekia Copeland (daughter of Johnny Copeland and the current 'Queen of the Blues') on Tumbling Dice..... Johnny recorded Tumbling Dice on Paint it Blue. Shemekia also opened for the Stones @ the Aragon along with Dr. John.

Buddy Guy has to be a given for one of the nights.... was also hoping for Champagne & Reefer (both the song and literally!).

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: May 21, 2013 12:57

roby
Satisfaction and Midnight Rambler, two perfects songs. MT is here but no opportunity to shine too much as he could probably do during Sway and CYHMK...
You got your wish,Roby!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 21, 2013 13:55

Yeah, yippee, hopes for Chicago II! Oh, I believe, I believe! ::praying::

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: May 21, 2013 15:41

Yup and it probably was the highlight of the show imo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home