Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Bill: - I'll never play with the Stones again!
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:22

GravityBoy
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
GRNRBITW
I'll never play with the stones again....

anyone else had a dionne warwick song stuck in his head the last 24 hours?

Yes.

"What's it all about.. our fee".

he's been there and he's glad he's out. out of the those chains, those chains that binded him...that is why he's here to remind them....

Foolish pride, that's all that he has left, so let him hide the tears and sadness...

Just before one of the recent shows, this one occurred to me. I thought of posting it at the time, but then decided not to. But now that there is a Dionne Warwick interlude in this thread....

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 16, 2013 23:36

stonehearted
GravityBoy
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
GRNRBITW

Yes.

he's been there and he's glad he's out. out of the those chains, those chains that binded him...that is why he's here to remind them....

Foolish pride, that's all that he has left, so let him hide the tears and sadness...

Just before one of the recent shows, this one occurred to me. I thought of posting it at the time, but then decided not to. But now that there is a Dionne Warwick interlude in this thread....

Her music is so beautiful.

Bill didn't know the way.. obviously.

Date: May 16, 2013 23:40

GravityBoy
stonehearted
GravityBoy
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
GRNRBITW

Yes.

Her music is so beautiful.

Bill didn't know the way.. obviously.

Say, when do you think the Sons of The Beatles guy will send another "Message to Michael"?--about the importance of recording a new Stones album, of course....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 02:08 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: May 17, 2013 02:03

Say Never 'Never' Again!

Hope for a longer stage performance of Mr. Bill Wyman on 13th July.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:33

bv
Munichhilton
Why does Bill cross his Y?

It's a sign!

Bill saw the sign, and it opened up his eyes.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 7, 2013 16:13

Haven't seen this posted and it's probably not worth a new thread since it's the SOS from Wyman...no whining this time though, just pleased with himself overall and explaining he's some kind of genius who turns everything he touches into gold ;-) Oh and he's leaving the country during the HP shows in case Mick came begging back!

Linky : [www.rollingstone.com]

Date: June 7, 2013 17:09

Bill...the misterious bass player. He likely doesn't even know how he managed to contribute so decisively to make the "stones sound". But he did.

Is Darryl better player? Sure. He is thousand light years from Bill. Technically.

Darryl played with Miles Davis. Perfect.

Darryl seems a very good person (I'd probably buy him a car, I'd probably not to Bill).

BUT.... the hot, deep, volcanic, lecherous, spicy, lustful, rhythmical, strange, misterious sound of Bill is irreplaceable, unique, inimitable. And is missing. And Darryl of course has never tried to play like him.

Mick sometimes or Keith (mainly Keith) usinf cheap shots towards Bill is dissapointing. May be Charlie is dissapointed too...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 7, 2013 17:57

Sorry to read that Bill was miffed at being invited to play on only a couple songs.

What part of "you quit the band, and now you're a guest" is hard to
understand for Bill and MT fans??

MT clearly gets it and is demonstrating why the decision to only play on a couple
and gradually work up to a few, is a good one.

Additionally, it's not like they didn't hire a replacement.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:48

Glad that mr. Bill "the Quitter" Wyman is not ruining anymore the "Best Stones Yet". He never had a Vegas mentality anyway. He never was very entertaining, now was he?

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-07 18:51 by Doxa.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:52

Doxa
Glad that mr. Bill "the Quitter" Wyman is not ruining anymore the "Best Stones Yet". He never had a Vegas mentality anyway. He never was very entertaining, now was he?

- Doxa

Better to have Wyman back than Taylor. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 7, 2013 18:55

Bill gave us the banana suit in 1981 and I for one am forever grateful to him for that alone...

Date: June 7, 2013 19:01

His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

Better to keep both of them as far as possible from the Rolling Stones - they would ruin the whole point of the entertainment, and the magic predictable sound of the The Chuck Leavell Vegas Stones. Those quitters.

- Doxa

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:04

Doxa
His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

Better to keep both of them as far as possible from the Rolling Stones - they would ruin the whole point of the entertainment, and the magic predictable sound of the The Chuck Leavell Vegas Stones. Those quitters.

- Doxa

How dare you. Chuck is not predictable...he's safe and sane...the sanitizer...

Date: June 7, 2013 19:06

Doxa
His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

ok.

This tour is showing that Taylor is similarly predictable though.

Date: June 7, 2013 19:09

His Majesty
Doxa
His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

ok.

This tour is showing that Taylor is similarly predictable though.

That what Vegas does for people. Poor him. But very well paid I hope.

- Doxa

Date: June 7, 2013 19:14

Doxa

- Doxa

It's there in his solo shows too. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 7, 2013 19:22

His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

Not in the ones I have attended to.

- Doxa

Date: June 7, 2013 19:33

Doxa
His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

Doxa

Yeah. For example I don't ever take too seriously all the reports by the hardcore fans who were there at the concert.

- Doxa

grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:35

emotionalbarbecue
Bill...the misterious bass player. He likely doesn't even know how he managed to contribute so decisively to make the "stones sound". But he did.

Is Darryl better player? Sure. He is thousand light years from Bill. Technically.

Darryl played with Miles Davis. Perfect.

Darryl seems a very good person (I'd probably buy him a car, I'd probably not to Bill).

BUT.... the hot, deep, volcanic, lecherous, spicy, lustful, rhythmical, strange, misterious sound of Bill is irreplaceable, unique, inimitable. And is missing. And Darryl of course has never tried to play like him.

Mick sometimes or Keith (mainly Keith) usinf cheap shots towards Bill is dissapointing. May be Charlie is dissapointed too...

One of the problems with his O2 guest spots is that he played on songs where the bass is pretty useless so it didn't help him to make him much of an impression...Miss You would have been a lot better of course, maybe he should have insisted on playing on such a song when he had a bit of bargaining power. Another of his standout bass lines is "She Was Hot" but of course that one didn't get played. ER would be cool too even though it's not his...a missed opportunity for sure, but he's not doing anything to make it happen again.

Date: June 7, 2013 19:42

His Majesty
Doxa
His Majesty
Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

Doxa

Yeah. For example I don't ever take too seriously all the reports by the hardcore fans who were there at the concert.

- Doxa

grinning smiley

That was a good one!smileys with beer

- Doxa

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2013 19:46

Bill should play on all England gigs. On all songs. Everything else is just wrong!

Date: June 7, 2013 19:55

Doxa

That was a good one!smileys with beer

- Doxa

smiling smiley smileys with beer

Date: June 7, 2013 20:26

gotdablouse
One of the problems with his O2 guest spots is that he played on songs where the bass is pretty useless so it didn't help him to make him much of an impression...Miss You would have been a lot better of course, maybe he should have insisted on playing on such a song when he had a bit of bargaining power. Another of his standout bass lines is "She Was Hot" but of course that one didn't get played. ER would be cool too even though it's not his...a missed opportunity for sure, but he's not doing anything to make it happen again.

But when did he ever have any bargaining power within The Stones? It seems that was one of the main reasons for his having left in the first place.

Bill Wyman "Rolling Stones learned to forge each other's signatures"
Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: June 8, 2013 17:11

Bill Wyman "Rolling Stones learned to forge each other's signatures"

Iorr THANKS!!!!!!

[]

Re: Bill Wyman "Rolling Stones learned to forge each other's signatures"
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 8, 2013 17:22

This and the bottle of whiskey full of piss given to a redneck US cop... >grinning smiley<

I love you guys!

Bill Wyman and the other Stones
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 6, 2013 23:44

This should clear it out - Bill' relationsship with the other ones.

Who said that?
Mick. So that's why I didn't go to America, you know? Because I said, "I'm not [traveling] for two weeks to do three concerts for two songs," you know? And I don't want to get into this anymore. We've said it enough times, but I realized you cannot return to something from the past after years, because it's not the same. School reunions, old girlfriends, divorces, getting back with the old wife – it doesn't work. It's the same with a band. So I'm quite happy with my life now, and we're still great friends. We still send each other birthday and Christmas presents, as we've always done. We're great friends. I see Ronnie at events and we socialize together but we don't do business. I do business with them if it's things that involve me, but I don't want to be in the band anymore, you know? I left that 20 years ago and the 30 years I was in the band was fantastic, but I've done other things. I did archaeology. I write books. I've got a successful restaurant. And I've got a beautiful family of three beautiful daughters and that's all I want in my life, you know?

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Re: Bill Wyman and the other Stones
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: June 7, 2013 00:00

Bill bowed out because he knew there was no was Monkey Grip would make the web vote list.

Date: June 7, 2013 00:01

Rehash fron older interviews?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 7, 2013 00:02

>>>I left that 20 years ago and the 30 years I was in the band was fantastic, but I've done other things. I did archaeology. I write books. I've got a successful restaurant. And I've got a beautiful family of three beautiful daughters and that's all I want in my life, you know?

Excuse me, you're also the bass player in an active touring and recording band, Bill. So what's so hard about reprising your role as the bass player in the world's greatest rock and roll band?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: June 7, 2013 00:03

The above excerpt is only a tiny snippet of the interview, he is happy talking about other stuff throughout he interview. The interviewer asks him a question, Bill answers, tries to move the conversation along. end of, he isn't interested on dwelling on the 50th gigs.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home