Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Brief Summary of the Complainers vs. the Happy
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:20

Thrylan
The setlist hasn't changed much since 72', plus, they have like triple the repertoire. I never confused them with the Dead.....

Scary but true. They could almost pull off playing the 69 or 72 set list without anyone thinking it was odd compared to the shows they are doing now except: 1) it would be much shorter and 2) this board with erupt in joy at them not playing miss you.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:30

Thrylan
If our "bitching" points weren't true, that would be different. When you spend 30+ years being a loyal completest, things like 40 Licks, Grrr and the ticket prices are a pretty hardcore screwing. Maybe they feel they can no longer be relevant, and the only way they can make money is by gouging the hardcore loyal. Well, for the money I have spent........I think I can be honest. Don't get me wrong, if they would hit Cleveland or Pittsburgh, like a lemming, I will go, but part of my anger is they are ignoring a pretty large part of the country. I love my wife, but I bitch at her!

Thrylan, as a completest I'm sure you're on to the 'Clear Vinyl Collection' from ABKCO, in celebration of the Rolling Stones 50th. You must have your pre-order in already eh?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:48

You got me. Admittedly I have been wary since 40 Licks -I made my wife return it. I am trying to justify things like the GYYY'S rerelease, but its hard to drop a couple hundo's for 4 songs I can check out on youtube. Hate the mp3 downloads too. Love live stones, but just release a cd and I will by it. I'm 41, I dont walk around with an Ipod and ear buds.......I prefer old school, listening with friends.....etc.

Date: May 19, 2013 22:18

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
Some people are just grumpy old farts who love to bitch, moan and groan about everything.....
and
Some people understand it is just music, good time, rock and roll music,
and it doesnt need to be bitched about.... moaned about.... or groaned about.

As if incessantly complaining about The Stones or bitching about tickets prices(after they passed out $85.00tickets) or how some grumpy grumps think The Stones havent made a good album in 30 years or how much better Taylordorks think Taylor is... or whining about any of it. TIP- All the whining in the world aint gonna change a thing the Stones do.

Maybe what the whiners and complainers need to is, if they hate this band so much, is they need to just stop thinking about it. Maybe they need go find a nice quiet peaceful internet board which talks about about how good things were in high school back in 1969-72, maybe glorydays.com is the place for the complainers.... or maybe they should find a quiet board disussing boats and/or planes.... or maybe discussing pills for the elderly..... or how to get unconstipated.

what fun would that be? no - this is much more fun. especially when it causes maxy to get riled up. i live for that.

Ah, and like clockwork, there is one of the grumpy old farts who love to bitch, moan and groan about everything right there.... any other grumps wanna pop their heads up?

works everytime!

how exciting for you.

well, like i said...this is what i live for, exciting or not....

So what is your record streak for consecutive posts without any of them being useful, helpful or insightful?

don't fret - i'm catching up with you, but still far behind...

I make helpful, useful insightful posts all the time.
Heck, I just posted an interesting review from 2002.

And we appreciate you for them. At least I do. smileys with beer

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 20, 2013 00:59

>>TIP- All the whining in the world aint gonna change a thing the Stones do.

Untrue. Do you think Mick Taylor would have been brought back without the 10 year whine-a-thon on IORR?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:32

JumpinJackOLantern
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
Some people are just grumpy old farts who love to bitch, moan and groan about everything.....
and
Some people understand it is just music, good time, rock and roll music,
and it doesnt need to be bitched about.... moaned about.... or groaned about.

As if incessantly complaining about The Stones or bitching about tickets prices(after they passed out $85.00tickets) or how some grumpy grumps think The Stones havent made a good album in 30 years or how much better Taylordorks think Taylor is... or whining about any of it. TIP- All the whining in the world aint gonna change a thing the Stones do.

Maybe what the whiners and complainers need to is, if they hate this band so much, is they need to just stop thinking about it. Maybe they need go find a nice quiet peaceful internet board which talks about about how good things were in high school back in 1969-72, maybe glorydays.com is the place for the complainers.... or maybe they should find a quiet board disussing boats and/or planes.... or maybe discussing pills for the elderly..... or how to get unconstipated.

what fun would that be? no - this is much more fun. especially when it causes maxy to get riled up. i live for that.

Ah, and like clockwork, there is one of the grumpy old farts who love to bitch, moan and groan about everything right there.... any other grumps wanna pop their heads up?

works everytime!

how exciting for you.

well, like i said...this is what i live for, exciting or not....

So what is your record streak for consecutive posts without any of them being useful, helpful or insightful?

don't fret - i'm catching up with you, but still far behind...

I make helpful, useful insightful posts all the time.
Heck, I just posted an interesting review from 2002.

And we appreciate you for them. At least I do. smileys with beer

Thank you very much, if we all, as you do, add some good and a variety of posts to the mix, versus being ONLY being nasty, or ONLY complaining, or ONLY talking about ex band member, then it makes for an over all better board.

Date: May 20, 2013 07:45

Maybe I haven't been here long enough, but at least most of the negative is at least witty and funny.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 20, 2013 13:47

Thrylan
Maybe I haven't been here long enough, but at least most of the negative is at least witty and funny.

It sure is. The way the bar has been lowered so much by some of the folks here is hilarious. People who call the banter of those who live in reality negative just don't gep the joke.

Date: May 20, 2013 14:47

andrewt
Thrylan

It sure is. The way the bar has been lowered so much by some of the folks here is hilarious. People who call the banter of those who live in reality negative just don't gep the joke.

If we didn't care we wouldn't be here right? I leave the George Harrison boards to my mother. "Gep" the joke, is that post 60 Mick speak?smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 20, 2013 17:17

Thrylan
You got me. Admittedly I have been wary since 40 Licks -I made my wife return it. I am trying to justify things like the GYYY'S rerelease, but its hard to drop a couple hundo's for 4 songs I can check out on youtube. Hate the mp3 downloads too. Love live stones, but just release a cd and I will by it. I'm 41, I dont walk around with an Ipod and ear buds.......I prefer old school, listening with friends.....etc.

I'm a bit of a completest but the approach they've taken is never-ending...the GRRR CD 2 pack, 3 pack, Deluxe Edition, Super Deluxe Edition, the 5LP Vinyl Edition.

THEN, after you've bough all that, the Blu Ray edition.

What's next, the skin-colour vinyl edition?

I know that no one has a gun to our head, but some of us have a disease.

Date: May 20, 2013 20:18

treaclefingers
Thrylan

I'm a bit of a completest but the approach they've taken is never-ending...the GRRR CD 2 pack, 3 pack, Deluxe Edition, Super Deluxe Edition, the 5LP Vinyl Edition.

THEN, after you've bough all that, the Blu Ray edition.

It almost has a sadistic twist to it.

What's next, the skin-colour vinyl edition?

I know that no one has a gun to our head, but some of us have a disease.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home