Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Any more US shows later this year?
Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:22

I've heard talk that there will be no more US shows this year except possibly Madison Square Garden in Dec. Anyone have any info? I'm hoping for a Texas date later in the year.

Re: Any more US shows later this year?
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:25

I agree...Texas has always been very good to the Stones (plus the Houston and FW Barbarians shows were the highlights of that tour too)..I hope they don't let us down..

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 19, 2013 17:28

they won't dare come here....you don't mess with texas...not with these prices.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 19, 2013 18:01

Kind of funny, a band that is steeped in southern Americana roots is completely avoiding the southeast.......maybe they know, we know...

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: May 19, 2013 18:04

They Need To Come To Columbus

Date: May 19, 2013 18:24

Godxofxrock9
They Need To Come To Columbus

No, Cleveland.....Saw Bridges in C-bus. Never so pissed. Walking past hundreds of tailgating Buckeye fans. I wasn't sure I was in the right place. Put down the football, the Stones are in town! My other four shows were all in Cleveland. That town stops for the Stones! Rare Stones music all day on the radio, downtown buzzes, hell even the cops back off, "watch your step, be careful and have fun at the show!"-I That is cool.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:18

BV has mentioned awhile back there will be a fall tour most likely.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 19, 2013 19:24

No need. Texas has had it's fill of great Stones moments...several officially released...lets not ruin it with this Jagger solo tour...

We have Dale Watson...

Date: May 19, 2013 19:52

I want to relocate to Austin....... is that too crazy?

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 19, 2013 20:06

At the rehearsals in April, one of the Stones security guys was talking to fans outside and was repeating the rumor of September shows in the US, hitting the South. Since then, Washington, DC was added and it was described as the final date of the North American tour, so maybe their plans have changed. Perhaps AEG isn't excited enough by the ticket sales on this leg to go forward?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 19, 2013 20:07

Halup
At the rehearsals in April, one of the Stones security guys was talking to fans outside and was repeating the rumor of September shows in the US, hitting the South. Since then, Washington, DC was added and it was described as the final date of the North American tour, so maybe their plans have changed. Perhaps AEG isn't excited enough by the ticket sales on this leg to go forward?
The arrangement was 18 shows - DC became show No. 18, that's why "last show"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 19, 2013 20:26

They'll probably camp out on the East Coast in the fall. So far they're only doing arena dates and hockey and basketball doesn't start until late October.

Date: May 19, 2013 20:34

Halup

Could be that they have changed their minds about a fall tour and are going to head to the studio to bang out that one last great album! That's what they should do! They can resume touring in the spring/summer of 2014.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:34

If they release an official tour video they'll have to come to TX to do it because obviously its the best place for it!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 20, 2013 01:45

Munichhilton
No need. Texas has had it's fill of great Stones moments...several officially released...lets not ruin it with this Jagger solo tour...

We have Dale Watson...

screw dale. we have eric tessmer.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:04

I hope so but ticket sales may preclude it.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:07

Halup

AEG doesn't call the shots, do they? The Rolling stones do.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:11

I'm gonna say they'll barely finish this "tour" before all the acrimony comes bubbling to the surface. They're done after the shows in England.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:19

Columbus (C-us), yeah, I agree.
You ain't seen so many grateful fans there since I don't know when. IMHO.

Saw 'em in three Ohio cities over the years.

Looks like MSG is our big hope for an added show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:21

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton

We have Dale Watson...

Dammit T...Your ignorance is showing...cover it up again...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:31

No AEG is going to jump in and give them such a large fall tour guarantee. What could come out of left field is The Stones dealing direct with arenas and setting up their own tour. They can hire the right tour veterans to do this. By now Mick has learned much of this by osmosis

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 02:37

triceratops
No AEG is going to jump in and give them such a large fall tour guarantee. What could come out of left field is The Stones dealing direct with arenas and setting up their own tour. They can hire the right tour veterans to do this. By now Mick has learned much of this by osmosis

right... because they'd much rather take all the risk rather than getting paid a guaranteed amount up front?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:13

What would be the point in them coming back to the States after Hyde Park ? - Money ? - why yes of course - but the cash cow is needing to graze - There is no chance of any new material - hell they can't even bear to be on the same stage let alone a studio - music is made from the soul and the results of the recordings reflect how a band is working together - FFS remember BTB Micks Tracks - Keefs Tracks - and a few new producers - It was like listening to three different albums.In their current state they are dead as a recording band. It's a pity but not surprising that the only pleasure the leading members of the cast get these day's is how to undermine each other.What a Drag it is getting Old.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 20, 2013 03:21

sonomastone
triceratops

right... because they'd much rather take all the risk rather than getting paid a guaranteed amount up front?

Then they will not tour. They have to self-finance the fall tour if they want AEG type of money. They have to take the risk

Date: May 20, 2013 07:05

GRNRBITW
Munichhilton

We have Dale Watson...

Jimmy DALE Gilmore .......or Smokey, if you're into the whole brevity thing...

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: May 20, 2013 07:05

They want to make more fans happy that they missed in US.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 20, 2013 07:25

stadiums in the fall.

Date: May 20, 2013 07:36

Send It To me
stadiums in the fall.

Considering the setlist is based somewhat on the size of the venue, a stadium tour would consist of an 185$ ticket, the will play Grrr on the PA, and show semi-lewd cartoons on the jumbotron.

Date: May 20, 2013 11:14

Send It To me
stadiums in the fall.
Yes!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 20, 2013 11:50

M. Cohl will be back

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home