Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Brief Summary of the Complainers vs. the Happy
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2013 20:41

flacnvinyl
So you are a family man... You've been going to a neighborhood bar for decades.. oh say 5 decades... The folks running it are your friends and you go regularly to hangout. You land a big client... go celebrate at the bar! Superbowl is on? go watch it with friends at the bar!

Suddenly one day everything changes.. The owner of the bar decides that beers no longer cost $5. Now they cost $600.. EACH....

EACH. INDIVIDUAL. BEER. SIX. HUNDRED. DOLLARS.

So you say 'screw those guys!' no way am I paying $600 for a beer! What do your friends say... "Well its all relative. If you don't want to enjoy $600 beers with us, then don't. Stay at home. Its all relative!"

What if just before Happy Hour, they dropped the price of the beers down to $250?

A real conundrum then eh?!

Posted by: varv ()
Date: May 18, 2013 21:29

flacnvinyl
So you are a family man... You've been going to a neighborhood bar for decades.. oh say 5 decades... The folks running it are your friends and you go regularly to hangout. You land a big client... go celebrate at the bar! Superbowl is on? go watch it with friends at the bar!

Suddenly one day everything changes.. The owner of the bar decides that beers no longer cost $5. Now they cost $600.. EACH....

EACH. INDIVIDUAL. BEER. SIX. HUNDRED. DOLLARS.

So you say 'screw those guys!' no way am I paying $600 for a beer! What do your friends say... "Well its all relative. If you don't want to enjoy $600 beers with us, then don't. Stay at home. Its all relative!"

I like this analogy. But do you say "screw those guys,I'm not paying $600 for a beer" and never go back? Or do you go back to the bar day after day after week after month to tell all the patrons what a miserly bastard the owner is. And if someone asks why you still go there if you hate it so much would it make sense to say "because this used to be The Greatest Bar In The World"?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 18, 2013 22:28

Ticket prices, stale setlists and too many side men. VL made worthy attempts, hell, on the NS tour, much of the show was 5 piece. Honestly, if rarities are only for the hardcore........how many casual fans are forking out 250-3000$?????

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 18, 2013 22:58

DoomandGloom
If I could stick a knife in my heart
Suicide right on stage
Would it be enough for your teenage lust?
Would it help to ease the pain? Ease your brain?

If I could dig down deep in my heart
Feelings would flood on the page
Would it satisfy you? Would it slide on by you?
Would you think the boy's insane? He's insane

Some people want it all

Some people are impressed by nothing.

Date: May 19, 2013 00:55

We could beat up the 600$ beer people- that demographic doesn't fight much, then when they go away, the price of beer will come back down.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 19, 2013 01:01

Thrylan
We could beat up the 600$ beer people- that demographic doesn't fight much, then when they go away, the price of beer will come back down.

That's a recipe for a lot of hurt here on IORR.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:10

treaclefingers
Thrylan

That's a recipe for a lot of hurt here on IORR.

Lol.....yeah, but we could be Street Fightin' Men again! smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 19, 2013 01:25

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
Some people are just grumpy old farts who love to bitch, moan and groan about everything.....
and
Some people understand it is just music, good time, rock and roll music,
and it doesnt need to be bitched about.... moaned about.... or groaned about.

As if incessantly complaining about The Stones or bitching about tickets prices(after they passed out $85.00tickets) or how some grumpy grumps think The Stones havent made a good album in 30 years or how much better Taylordorks think Taylor is... or whining about any of it. TIP- All the whining in the world aint gonna change a thing the Stones do.

Maybe what the whiners and complainers need to is, if they hate this band so much, is they need to just stop thinking about it. Maybe they need go find a nice quiet peaceful internet board which talks about about how good things were in high school back in 1969-72, maybe glorydays.com is the place for the complainers.... or maybe they should find a quiet board disussing boats and/or planes.... or maybe discussing pills for the elderly..... or how to get unconstipated.

what fun would that be? no - this is much more fun. especially when it causes maxy to get riled up. i live for that.

Ah, and like clockwork, there is one of the grumpy old farts who love to bitch, moan and groan about everything right there.... any other grumps wanna pop their heads up?

Date: May 19, 2013 01:28

Snipers, on the ready!
or maybe we should just give em a swift kick in the balls, at least
that would give them something legit to whine about, and they would be happier than ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-19 01:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 19, 2013 01:35

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
Some people are just grumpy old farts who love to bitch, moan and groan about everything.....
and

As if incessantly complaining about The Stones or bitching about tickets prices(after they passed out $85.00tickets) or how some grumpy grumps think The Stones havent made a good album in 30 years or how much better Taylordorks think Taylor is... or whining about any of it. TIP- All the whining in the world aint gonna change a thing the Stones do.

Maybe what the whiners and complainers need to is, if they hate this band so much, is they need to just stop thinking about it. Maybe they need go find a nice quiet peaceful internet board which talks about about how good things were in high school back in 1969-72, maybe glorydays.com is the place for the complainers.... or maybe they should find a quiet board disussing boats and/or planes.... or maybe discussing pills for the elderly..... or how to get unconstipated.

what fun would that be? no - this is much more fun. especially when it causes maxy to get riled up. i live for that.

Ah, and like clockwork, there is one of the grumpy old farts who love to bitch, moan and groan about everything right there.... any other grumps wanna pop their heads up?

works everytime!

Date: May 19, 2013 01:36

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
and

works everytime!

how exciting for you.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:38

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
and

works everytime!

how exciting for you.

well, like i said...this is what i live for, exciting or not....

Date: May 19, 2013 01:40

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
and

works everytime!

how exciting for you.

So what is your record streak for consecutive posts without any of them being useful, helpful or insightful?

Date: May 19, 2013 01:40

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
and

works everytime!

how exciting for you.

So what is your record streak for consecutive posts without any of them being useful, helpful or insightful?

don't fret - i'm catching up with you, but still far behind...

Date: May 19, 2013 01:43

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
and

works everytime!

how exciting for you.

don't fret - i'm catching up with you, but still far behind...

I make helpful, useful insightful posts all the time.
Heck, I just posted an interesting review from 2002.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:44

I actually make an effort to post interesting pictures, pictures of shirts or links to cool stuff etc etc all the time... and I dont complain much at all.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:47

Max'sKansasCity
I actually make an effort to post interesting pictures, pictures of shirts or links to cool stuff etc etc all the time... and I dont complain much at all.

you are a true gentleman. and please don't forget how much of a wonderful servant to the underprivileged and indigent you are. you really should pat yourself on the back more often, maxy! much too modest.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:51

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity

you are a true gentleman. and please don't forget how much of a wonderful servant to the underprivileged and indigent you are. you really should pat yourself on the back more often, maxy! much too modest.

Nah, just your thanks is enough....
Besides, I mainly do it for the kids, after all, they are the future.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:57

Ok, I do have one complaint, what exactly is the point of this stupid NASCAR AllStar race tonight? I mean, if 20 cars, half the players, are in it, are they saying half of them are All Stars... thats doesnt sound very ALLLSTARRY and wtf?
And why no points? What fun is that for the NASCAR game players.... and happening only 1/4 the way into the season?? WTF? I dont get it. It sucks. It should be a regular race.

Date: May 19, 2013 01:57

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity

for the present they are. but remember that the present now will later be past. the order is fadin' - very rapidly from what they say....

Date: May 19, 2013 01:59

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity

for the present they are. but remember that the present now will later be past. the order is fadin' - very rapidly from what they say....

Days of Futures Past?

Date: May 19, 2013 02:01

Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity

Days of Futures Past?

they didn't say

Date: May 19, 2013 02:08

GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity
GRNRBITW
Max'sKansasCity

Days of Futures Past?

they didn't say

Oh BS... you are probably just holding back information... again.

Date: May 19, 2013 02:49

If our "bitching" points weren't true, that would be different. When you spend 30+ years being a loyal completest, things like 40 Licks, Grrr and the ticket prices are a pretty hardcore screwing. Maybe they feel they can no longer be relevant, and the only way they can make money is by gouging the hardcore loyal. Well, for the money I have spent........I think I can be honest. Don't get me wrong, if they would hit Cleveland or Pittsburgh, like a lemming, I will go, but part of my anger is they are ignoring a pretty large part of the country. I love my wife, but I bitch at her!

Date: May 19, 2013 02:52

Oh, all-star races DO suck........and light hearted bitching/satire is funny!

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 19, 2013 05:47

Set lists have gotten more adventurous over time. 81 the shows were constantly the same. Ditto '89 with a change or two.

I'll bet nobody in '72 or '73 bitched about them playing the same songs night to night.

T@3

Date: May 19, 2013 06:31

The setlist hasn't changed much since 72', plus, they have like triple the repertoire. I never confused them with the Dead.....

Posted by: lucifrshmr ()
Date: May 19, 2013 06:31

TeaAtThree
I'll bet nobody in '72 or '73 bitched about them playing the same songs night to night.

Because many of the songs were new or fairly new and the band was in it's prime.
Plus, they actually enjoyed performing with one another as compared to today where they are just going through the motions for the money. Why do you think the set lists are so boring and predictable? Keith and Brenda hate each other, and Keith's book was the final nail in the coffin. They are only doing this because they can't do anything else.
Brenda sounds bored, and the guitarists sound very tired. And this is only the beginning. I hope somebody comes up with some elixir or by the time Philly rolls around Grace Slick's statements are gonna be ringing very true.
In fact from what I've heard so far, I think Grace may have been right and this tour it has finally caught up with them.

Date: May 19, 2013 06:54

So really this wasnt brief at all....

Date: May 19, 2013 07:20

Max'sKansasCity
So really this wasnt brief at all....

If I could afford to go, I wouldn't be on here........(poke poke)

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home