Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Katy Fuggin Perry tonight's guest...good lord
Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:12

I like the David Bowie idea. That would be really cool.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:26

Kate Upton would be good.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:53

24FPS
Why don't we stop the little boy sexist bs for a moment and think up some current women singers who might be more appropriate for the Stones. I vote Lucinda Williams. Anyone else have a constructive choice?

I'd really like to see them offer a guest slot to a K-Pop female supergroup like T-ara or Girls Generation. It would boost K-Pop's exposure in the North American market and the band's exposure to the 12-22 yr old demographic.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:58

StonedInTokyo
24FPS
Why don't we stop the little boy sexist bs for a moment and think up some current women singers who might be more appropriate for the Stones. I vote Lucinda Williams. Anyone else have a constructive choice?

I'd really like to see them offer a guest slot to a K-Pop female supergroup like T-ara or Girls Generation. It would boost K-Pop's exposure in the North American market and the band's exposure to the 12-22 yr old demographic.

that would be wild.
but i think their issue with 12-22 year olds isn't exposure, it's that 12-22 year olds have no interest in rock and roll.

Beast of Burden with Katy Perry...
Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 13:40

In case you haven't seen it, here is the video I recorded from the pit Saturday.

Re: Beast of Burden with Katy Perry...
Date: May 14, 2013 13:48

Thanks, nice video! However, there is a 7 pages thread with videos here as well:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 14:00

Thanks. I added it there.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 14:31

One of my favorite Stones soul ballads, and she butchers it. Ok, I was willing to give her a chance, and was mildly optimistic with the opening salvo, but it goes wrong very fast. She just can't handle the subtleties of the song. She blows every line as if she has to prove she is a strong singer, and in the process frequently drops the key and the song into the dirt. Katy, your turn is up and lets hope The Stones stick to artists that are along their vibe.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 14, 2013 14:34

whitem8
One of my favorite Stones soul ballads, and she butchers it. Ok, I was willing to give her a chance, and was mildly optimistic with the opening salvo, but it goes wrong very fast. She just can't handle the subtleties of the song. She blows every line as if she has to prove she is a strong singer, and in the process frequently drops the key and the song into the dirt. Katy, your turn is up and lets hope The Stones stick to artists that are along their vibe.

Are you blind?

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 14, 2013 18:23

At least she was better than Gwen Steffani. GS was terrible. Worst guest I can remember. She seemed very nervous.

Date: May 14, 2013 18:44

GravityBoy
whitem8

Are you blind?

I should have said "are you too blind to see?"

Too late now.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 14, 2013 18:52

the band sounds incredibly good !
love the guitar licks
and Kate is beautiful, isn't she ?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:15

This is not a great song to have a guest help out with...not a lot of lyrics, too long between refrains, just not melodic enough. I don't love her anyway but this was a horrible interruption in the show.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:21

The look in Mick's eyes when he sings the "All I want is you to make love to me" line ...

C

Posted by: rollingmoose ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:25

They need to stop with the guess who cares I pay lots of money to see stones that's who I want to see...

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:29

I think she sings it well but as someone noted above there are just not enough lyrics to be shared.

I would like to think Mick J tried to pick her up after, and while she played along, she ultimately and cheerfully walked away saying that she had to wash her hair.

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: May 14, 2013 20:37

whitem8

Thank you. It sucked. I just don't understand how any one sees anything good about it. I'm not exaggerating that it is the worst version I've ever heard them do. Total crap.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 14, 2013 23:20

I think its great!

Date: May 15, 2013 09:17

24FPS
Why don't we stop the little boy sexist bs

??

Been following the Rolling Stones long?

Date: May 15, 2013 10:15

After listening a few times more I changed my mind. Although it's a bit weird when they start the bridge too early, the song has a natural flow, and Perry is doing all right.

I wish Keith would start playing the whole riff again, though smiling smiley

I can't understand why he doesn't, though. It's way easier to put that index finger on the ninth fret over the three light strings, than to go down and do that full C# minor chord... confused smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: May 15, 2013 11:09

sonomastone
StonedInTokyo
24FPS

that would be wild.
but i think their issue with 12-22 year olds isn't exposure, it's that 12-22 year olds have no interest in rock and roll.

Is Annie Lennox still current? They'd have to play up tho, saw her at the Pacific Amphitheater & her pipes about blew everybody off the stage. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 17, 2013 20:50

I'm walkin' around town, and there are two things I keep repeating over and over in my mind...

"Katy Fuggin Perry" and Dionne Warwick's, "I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again".

Not Taylor vs. Wood, not the high price of tickets, not we need a new album, not the sons of but "Katy Fuggin Perry".

Date: May 17, 2013 21:05

I'm getting fed up of this.

I'm the only one keeping the pictures end up.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 17, 2013 22:10

claudine

"The 21st Century Stones". Makes me want to cry.

Date: May 17, 2013 22:13

GRNRBITW
maybe you should catch the katy instead

...and leave Charlie a mule to ride?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 17, 2013 23:50

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW

hey - it's not just any mule...got them jewels and binoculars

Date: May 18, 2013 01:23

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW

hey - it's not just any mule...got them jewels and binoculars

Right, got it, it's code eh?

Jewels = Stones
Binoculars = See
Mule = Ass

See the Stones you ass!

Brilliant!

Brilliant!

Date: May 18, 2013 01:54

I think fuggin should be an actual word. It's not really offensive, yet it gets the job done.

I think I'm going to fuggin log off now and go outside.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:15

MILKYWAY
claudine

"The 21st Century Stones". Makes me want to cry.

I can't figure out what the design on her skirt is supposed to be, anyone know? It looks like a postage stamp to me.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 18, 2013 02:28

latebloomer

claudine

I can't figure out what the design on her skirt is supposed to be, anyone know? It looks like a postage stamp to me.

I have been puzzled about that wierd looking skirt too,
but I wasnt going to say anything, but beings it is brought up...

I AGREE... What is the deal with the granny looking apron skirt thingy??
One theory is the granny apron thing looking skirt covered up Katy's firt choice, which may have gotten got nixed by somebody.... maybe.... because the skirt is almost anti-sexy, too plain Jane, too granda ma pattern, too innocent...

Almost as if, Katy said "well, if I cant wear what I wanted... then I will go granny innocent with the bottom.

Maybe this was her first choice of outfit... at least she kept the top.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-18 02:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2118
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home