Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Katy Fuggin Perry tonight's guest...good lord
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 12, 2013 02:58

Katy Perry and the Stones. It's like a "Teenage Dream" come true -- LOL!

Relax. She can't be any worse than that meth head, Fergie.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 02:59

Hopefully she's better than when she was as the musical guest on SNL a couple of years ago. Her performances were one of the most hated musical performances in some time. Most people forgot because the showed a bunch of cleavage in the Elmo skit pictured above. I've heard she's a good "studio performer" (aka she needs help) but not so much live. The SNL appearance is the only time I saw her sing live though. It's probably no coincidence that the next time she was on the show she was host and didn't double as musical guest like most musical hosts do. Maybe she'll surprise me like Gaga did.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:08

Gaga was great....maybe Perry will surprise....but they should just give Taylor more slots..

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:13

Anyone notice they only invite Universal Music Group labelmates as guests for their shows?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:16

Guess Ronnie will be happy............another young girl.

Jagger must be aware of his competition.

what a joke.

Jeroen

Date: May 12, 2013 03:18

billwebster
Anyone notice they only invite Universal Music Group labelmates as guests for their shows?

Tom Waits isn't listed as being with UMG, but maybe the label he's with is owned by them.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:21

yeah.

katy has become a parody of herself.

this is totally the vegas-era katy.

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:28

corriecas

what a joke.

Jeroen

Here is the thing that drives me crazy. Mick basically kept the Stones out there from 2010-2013....his work at driving the re-release and true marekting genius of Exile with I daresay a truly inspired effort for the best single I think they have put out in 20 years with "Plundered My Soul". Getting Mick Taylor back in the fold - and putting the band on his shoulders for that whole gig was truly awesome and to this fan a real shot in the arm

Then the same kind of treatment with Some Girls and No Spare Parts and letting us all know the genius of stuff they had in the can for years...I really really hoped that this Tour was going to be a real celebration of those efforts, Mick Taylor, some real statements being laid out as they perhaps said their good-byes...instead it went bonkers on ticket prices, incredibly safe and redundant material for the shows, a so far criminal mis-use of Mick Taylor, and schizophrenic musical guest selections that have me just plain confused, amused and inspired at the same time.

and for all of you criticizing mine and other perspectives about this Tour thus far ...ask yourself how did people like me get here being disappointed with the expectations of something perhaps a little different? I would point out none others than the band members themselves...Keith (as it now turns out and being daily exposed as the paper tiger he appears to be in the group) saying Mick T was really going to be incorporated...Mick J's own royally established perdiliction to always look forward yet runs scared about setlists for the last three tours?

I guess that is why - to date- there is nothing new under the sun of the Rolling Stones and that is kinda disappointing.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:36

corriecas

But poor Bill will be disappointed. Another young lass he missed shagging. Oh well, he has other targets.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:46

Didn't she go to one of the December shows with John Mayer who guested?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:50

nellcote'71
Didn't she go to one of the December shows with John Mayer who guested?

She's been to a Stones concert? I guess her credentials are in order then.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 12, 2013 03:55

hmmm i wonder how many tickets are left. she is popular enough that i could see some of her fans buying tickets just to see her do her song. how weird would it be if part of the crowd left after the guest sang.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:02

MILKYWAY, that joke is getting old.

Date: May 12, 2013 04:02

sonomastone
hmmm i wonder how many tickets are left. she is popular enough that i could see some of her fans buying tickets just to see her do her song. how weird would it be if part of the crowd left after the guest sang.

According to some of the fan reviews I've read (I didn't experience it myself) many people at the Ft. Worth show I saw in '97 were just there for Smashing Pumpkins. Complaining about the Stones, complaining Smashing Pumpkins didn't play longer, etc. I don't know if any actually left though. $80 in 1997 was quite a bit of money to pay for a 12 song opening set.

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:07

WTF???Katy Perry has to do with Rock and Roll????Well it could have been worse Celine Dion..What a pathetic ending for a band at one time considered The Greatest...

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:09

71Tele
This is what I don't get. People are willing to pay $500 to see the Rolling Stones, but they don't want to see the Rolling Stones enough not to have to have a "contemporary" special guest to make it worth their while? Makes no sense.

Well, there you go again Tele. I admit I used to be full negativity as well...just a few days ago in fact. But then, tonight, it just hit me. I mean if I go back and listen to YaYasa or Brussels now, its just no comparison really, I mean besides Taylor alternately destroying or adding nothing to the band's sound, the gaping deficit is we just don't have any Kate Perrys on those old records. Now, I'm just happy to be here, happy to be anywhere.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:10

corriecas
Jagger is following his sexual lusts and drifts again.
Hahahaha

What a @#$%&.

Jeroen

So you're saying that David Bowie will duet?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:11

....Mick might redeem himself if they do Stupid Girl with KP...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:23

Good lord. The cry babies on this board.

You people are a mad, delusional, sad bunch, aren't ya?

Hope anyone who goes has a great time. Hopefully Katy Perry being onstage with the band for 5 minutes won't ruin the Rolling Stones in concert for you.

If she does, seek professional help immediately.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:27

bigbitch
corriecas

what a joke.

Jeroen

Here is the thing that drives me crazy. Mick basically kept the Stones out there from 2010-2013....his work at driving the re-release and true marekting genius of Exile with I daresay a truly inspired effort for the best single I think they have put out in 20 years with "Plundered My Soul". Getting Mick Taylor back in the fold - and putting the band on his shoulders for that whole gig was truly awesome and to this fan a real shot in the arm

Then the same kind of treatment with Some Girls and No Spare Parts and letting us all know the genius of stuff they had in the can for years...I really really hoped that this Tour was going to be a real celebration of those efforts, Mick Taylor, some real statements being laid out as they perhaps said their good-byes...instead it went bonkers on ticket prices, incredibly safe and redundant material for the shows, a so far criminal mis-use of Mick Taylor, and schizophrenic musical guest selections that have me just plain confused, amused and inspired at the same time.

and for all of you criticizing mine and other perspectives about this Tour thus far ...ask yourself how did people like me get here being disappointed with the expectations of something perhaps a little different? I would point out none others than the band members themselves...Keith (as it now turns out and being daily exposed as the paper tiger he appears to be in the group) saying Mick T was really going to be incorporated...Mick J's own royally established perdiliction to always look forward yet runs scared about setlists for the last three tours?

I guess that is why - to date- there is nothing new under the sun of the Rolling Stones and that is kinda disappointing.
this is 100% correct.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:27

Maybe they all bonded backstage after the New Jersey show, she was there with John Mayer. Maybe they just tossed a coin..who knows how they are picking the guests.

There was a general outcry here last year when Lady Gaga was announced but then many people felt she didn't turn out to be that bad, maybe Perry will surprise everyone.

The whole special guest thing is getting tiresome though, jeez who are they gonna have by the time they get to Philly and DC...it would be nice if they ended the US tour with just the band.

Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:32

vermontoffender
Good lord. The cry babies on this board.

You people are a mad, delusional, sad bunch, aren't ya?

Hope anyone who goes has a great time. Hopefully Katy Perry being onstage with the band for 5 minutes won't ruin the Rolling Stones in concert for you.

If she does, seek professional help immediately.

STFU - sad, mad and delusional about wanting the Stones to not go out as a joke is not the biggest thing in my life...but you put yourself out there with $600 a ticket, expectations (put out there by the band) then the band is not beyond some well deserved critiquing from its fans.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:39

How many of you whiners are actually at the Las Vegas show tonight?

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:48

Koen
How many of you whiners are actually at the Las Vegas show tonight?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:49

latebloomer
The whole special guest thing is getting tiresome though, jeez who are they gonna have by the time they get to Philly and DC?

Diddy Dirty Money? (Hey, why not, he's a UMG artist!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-12 04:51 by tatters.

Date: May 12, 2013 04:52

tatters
latebloomer
The whole special guest thing is getting tiresome though, jeez who are they gonna have by the time they get to Philly and DC?

Diddy Dirty Money? (Hey, why not, he's a UMG artist!)

If he changes his name to Diddy Dirty Work I'll allow it.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:58

latebloomer
The whole special guest thing is getting tiresome though, jeez who are they gonna have by the time they get to Philly and DC...

Susan Boyle and Bill Clinton on sax.............

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:03

After doing a bit of research it seems Katy Perry has 53 MILLION fans on Facebook. From a filling up the seats standpoint, the move is a stroke of pure genius. She will attract some of the really teeny bopper crowd and their parents. A very smart business move, hats off to whomever thought this up.

Posted by: gtrplyr ()
Date: May 12, 2013 05:04

Tom Waits was onstage for about 3 minutes in Oakland. If Katy is onstage fopr the same, thats about 2% of the show.

If you paid $600 for a ticket, that's about $12. I think thats the cost of a large beer, which I find more offensive than seeing Katy Perry for a song.

It'll be OK, folks. It'll be OK.

Date: May 12, 2013 05:08

CBII
After doing a bit of research it seems Katy Perry has 53 MILLION fans on Facebook. From a filling up the seats standpoint, the move is a stroke of pure genius. She will attract some of the really teeny bopper crowd and their parents. A very smart business move, hats off to whomever thought this up.

Could be, but liking something on Facebook and being willing to pay a bunch of money to hear one song are two different things. I have 20 Facebook friends that Like the Rolling Stones, and I know for a fact 15 of them have never seen The Stones, and I'm pretty positive the other 5 haven't though I would have to ask to be sure.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2111
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home