Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: Stop insulting Ronnie!
Date: May 26, 2013 22:32

Stop poisoning this forum with absurd controversies...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 27, 2013 00:40

People here are naturally delighted with having MT Taylor back, thrilled with the music the Stones have made with him, and excited about the potential of the three-guitar attack in future shows. Almost no one has suggested that he replace Ron Wood or insulted Ron Wood. Unfortunately two or three very insecure people here cannot simply enjoy the music made by the Stones with Mick Taylor, but instead see the return of Taylor and the enthusiasm with which he has been greeted as some sort of slight or threat to Ron Wood, and childishly believe that the way to "defend" him is to attack Taylor and those of us so happy to see him with the Stones again. This despite the fact that it was the Stones themselves (including Ronnie Wood!) who are the ones responsible for bringing MT back into the fold. But it's easier, I suppose, to take their anger and feelings of inadequacy and betrayal out on us happy IORRians than those actually responsible for the decision to put MT on stage - the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-27 00:41 by 71Tele.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 27, 2013 00:42

71Tele
People here are naturally delighted with having MT Taylor back, thrilled with the music the Stones have made with him, and excited about the potential of the three-guitar attack in future shows. Almost no one has suggested that he replace Ron Wood or insulted Ron Wood. Unfortunately two or three very insecure people here cannot simply enjoy the music made by the Stones with Mick Taylor, but instead see the return of Taylor and the enthusiasm with which he has been greeted as some sort of slight or threat to Ron Wood, and childishly believe that the way to "defend" him is to attack Taylor and those of us so happy to see him with the Stones again. This despite the fact that it was the Stones themselves (including Ronnie Wood!) who are the ones responsible for bringing MT back into the fold. But it's easier, I suppose, to take their anger and feelings of inadequacy and betrayal out on us happy IORRians than those actually responsible for the decision to put MT on stage - the Rolling Stones.

oh stop with mature posting business already...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 27, 2013 00:43

GRNRBITW
71Tele

oh stop with mature posting business already...

Very sorry...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 27, 2013 01:30

We are here for the Rolling Stones, not for Mick T. or R. Wood.
I love Taylor in some old songs, I love Ronnie in others, but Taylor is no longer part of the Stones for years is just a guest!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 27, 2013 03:18

alimente
"Ronnie is the only TRUE Rolling STone left these days. And he's brilliant! MT has never been a Stone. He's just a good guitar player nothing more nothing less."

"MT is the only TRUE Rolling STone left these days. And he's brilliant! Ronnie has never been a Stone. He's just a good guitar player nothing more nothing less."

Discuss!

I would argue that, despite many things Mick Taylor's natural musical home is actually in The Rolling Stones. Possibly a source of frustration to him(it is to me haha) because he does have tastes and interests which don't sit all that well with stones music(aka Jagger Richards songs), but this current tour has shown me what the band means to him, something that has perhaps been obvious to others for a long time.

Ronnie's natural musical home was The Faces and he's been a fish out of water ever since, but kudos to him for doing his best to musically stay alive.

Brian was gifted, but lost, even within the band he kick started. This, in a funny way, is really quite a Rolling Stones thing... the outsiders, loved or mocked to the extreme.

Posted by: STONES85 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 03:29

Ronnie has been in the band for over 30 years and you guys are still hacking him? The guy is an excellent guitarist and he is a rolling stone!! MT is a brilliant guitarist, but lets face it. If he was never in the rolling stones, no one would even know who he is...what has he done since he left the band? Mick and Keith wrote all those songs. I loveeee MT, but Ronnie is just as great so lets top bashing him and lets enjoy both of them on this tour! Stones rocked the house in Toronto last night, cant wait to see them again in 2 weeks.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 27, 2013 10:07

STONES85
Ronnie has been in the band for over 30 years and you guys are still hacking him? The guy is an excellent guitarist and he is a rolling stone!! MT is a brilliant guitarist, but lets face it. If he was never in the rolling stones, no one would even know who he is...what has he done since he left the band? Mick and Keith wrote all those songs. I loveeee MT, but Ronnie is just as great so lets top bashing him and lets enjoy both of them on this tour! Stones rocked the house in Toronto last night, cant wait to see them again in 2 weeks.

thumbs up

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 10:48

71Tele
Agree with you Tele , few people here, can't understand that TAYLOR was,is, and will be a ROLLING STONES for ever...Nananére

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 27, 2013 11:16

>grinning smiley<thumbs up

keith56
71Tele
Agree with you Tele , few people here, can't understand that TAYLOR was,is, and will be a ROLLING STONES for ever...Nananére

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 27, 2013 15:45

His Majesty
alimente
"Ronnie is the only TRUE Rolling STone left these days. And he's brilliant! MT has never been a Stone. He's just a good guitar player nothing more nothing less."

"MT is the only TRUE Rolling STone left these days. And he's brilliant! Ronnie has never been a Stone. He's just a good guitar player nothing more nothing less."

Discuss!

I would argue that, despite many things Mick Taylor's natural musical home is actually in The Rolling Stones. Possibly a source of frustration to him(it is to me haha) because he does have tastes and interests which don't sit all that well with stones music(aka Jagger Richards songs), but this current tour has shown me what the band means to him, something that has perhaps been obvious to others for a long time.

Ronnie's natural musical home was The Faces and he's been a fish out of water ever since, but kudos to him for doing his best to musically stay alive.

Brian was gifted, but lost, even within the band he kick started. This, in a funny way, is really quite a Rolling Stones thing... the outsiders, loved or mocked to the extreme.

I agree totally.

Date: May 27, 2013 17:34

keith56
71Tele

No he wont, he is not a bandmember, he is a guest. Hard to understand that?

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: May 27, 2013 19:21

JumpinJeppeFlash
keith56
71Tele

No he wont, he is not a bandmember, he is a guest. Hard to understand that?

I think he is more than a guest. When you have been a Rolling Stones during Five Years, you are a Rolling Stone for the rest of your life , and it's
the same for Bill...Keith Richards said that at the begining of this tour...

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 27, 2013 19:41

I am not aware M.T. face still part of R.S., the same K. R. used the term permanent guest!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2013 19:45

Rory G. would have been such a better choice to replace MT back in 74...

Okay he would have died of liver failure in Sept. 1976 (thx to Keith) and Ron would have replaced him afterward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-28 00:02 by dcba.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 27, 2013 22:35

kleermaker
His Majesty
alimente

Discuss!

I agree totally.

We are agreeing on too many things recently. grinning smiley

Date: May 28, 2013 01:07

DoomandGloom
Woody is rock's greatest voyeur, a diplomat and elite performer. But he's not Mick Taylor a guitar innovator. I love them both.

I love every bit of your post, except the word 'innovator". As brilliant a player as MT often is, an innovator he is not.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 28, 2013 04:38

71Tele

Besides seeing what Mick Taylor can do these days I am hoping the Stones pay him one million pounds for this tour. Mick Taylor can sure use the money plus a generous sum will make up for past recording royalties and songwriting royalties denied him

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-28 04:39 by triceratops.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 28, 2013 04:43

keith56
JumpinJeppeFlash

Look at Bobby Keys. He was exiled for about ten years then he was allowed back in

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 02:22 by triceratops.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 28, 2013 05:04

No matter how many times I have also declared that I like what Ronnie plays but that I also want Mick Taylor to play, some people always turn it into a dis on Ronnie. I can't control what they think though.

I think what we need here to solve this issue for once and for all is a poll.

For the 2013 tour and the future of the Rolling Stones, what would you choose?

-Drop Mick Taylor
-Drop Ronnie Wood
-Include both Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood

I would love to see the results.

Date: May 28, 2013 09:58

triceratops
keith56
JumpinJeppeFlash

People here are naturally delighted with having MT Taylor back, thrilled with the music the Stones have made with him, and excited about the potential of the three-guitar attack in future shows. Almost no one has suggested that he replace Ron Wood or insulted Ron Wood. Unfortunately two or three very insecure people here cannot simply enjoy the music made by the Stones with Mick Taylor, but instead see the return of Taylor and the enthusiasm with which he has been greeted as some sort of slight or threat to Ron Wood, and childishly believe that the way to "defend" him is to attack Taylor and those of us so happy to see him with the Stones again. This despite the fact that it was the Stones themselves (including Ronnie Wood!) who are the ones responsible for bringing MT back into the fold. But it's easier, I suppose, to take their anger and feelings of

inadequacy and betrayal out on us happy IORRians than those actually responsible for the decision to put MT on stage - the Rolling Stones.

Look at Booby Keys. He was exiled for about ten years then he was allowed back in

So you are saying BK is a bandmember or what?

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 28, 2013 11:53

I love MT
I love RW
How do you think i feel when we get both playing together????

Date: May 28, 2013 12:32

His Majesty
alimente

Discuss!

GREAT post by Philip (HM)

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home