Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
We Want Mick Taylor For The Whole Show
Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:08

I mean, why not?

Re: We Want Mick Taylor For The Whole Show
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:09

yes! At LEAST a mini-set with 3 songs!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:09

He'd get winded...!

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:10

Umm.... I was under the assumption that MT was going to have a lot of time on this part of the tour.

YES - HAVE THE THREE GUITAR ATTACK PLEASE!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:22

good strategy. ask for it all and maybe you get 3 that way. we need more psychology-oriented folks here to really kick this tour into shape.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:23

GRNRBITW
good strategy. ask for it all and maybe you get 3 that way. we need more psychology-oriented folks here to really kick this tour into shape.

thumbs up

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:26

GRNRBITW

The titles of the other threads said please at the end.

This title is a declarative sentence.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:27

They should have him play the whole show or at least a lot more than what they're doing so far. I watched a video of him on last night's "Satisfaction" and he mostly just played chords and let Ronnie take part of the solo. He showed he's a team player and is not out to dominate Ron or Keith. They don't have Blondie with them, they could use another guitarist.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:30

uhbuhgullayew
GRNRBITW

The titles of the other threads said please at the end.

This title is a declarative sentence.

there's nothing polite about rock'n'roll. in fact, i'd suggest an "or else" at the end over a "please."

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:42

What's all this "we", BlackHat? I don't.

For the moment, I'd like to see him play on two or three songs - the ones he's famous for, the ones we know they rehearsed - Sway, CYHMK, Love In Vain... Alternate them around the shows if there isn't room for them all in the same set. I don't want him thrown onto every last song in the (mistaken) belief that just putting him there and letting him do his thing unrehearsed on any number from any era will instantly produce marvellous results. I think at present it's more likely to produce a trainwreck. If the famous 3-guitar attack ever happens, it isn't going to happen overnight.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 9, 2013 21:43

Everyone get onto the offical Facebook page and politely request it.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 9, 2013 22:23

These MT threads are so pathetic. Get it, he is not a bandmember, he is a guest.

Date: May 9, 2013 22:58

Keep up like this, and Taylor will be nagged out of the show completely... winking smiley

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:28

Really! Would it kill 'em? I'm just sayin.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 9, 2013 23:34

JumpinJeppeFlash
These MT threads are so pathetic. Get it, he is not a bandmember, he is a guest.

For now.

Date: May 10, 2013 07:12

i'm in for that

problem is he'd show up ronnie and keith too much, not purposely but just because he's a better player than they are

which is of course why it won't happen

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:21

BlackHat
I mean, why not?

Even Emotional Rescue?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:24

JumpinJeppeFlash

You can lead, follow, or get out of the way. We want the Stones with Taylor.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 10, 2013 07:59

I don't. And I don't want a fifth wheel under my car either. But I would like him to perform on songs where he could make a difference. On songs like CYHMK, MM and GE for example.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 08:05

I like the mini set-list idea, but thumbs down on the whole show.

I think it's good they cut the number of musicians on stage and they make Ronnie and Keith play without a safety net. Taylor should be there to challenge them and contribute to the songs he can make a difference on. We don't need him inserting solos in "Emotional Rescure" or allowing Keith to get lazy and start smoking and posing through the entire show.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 10, 2013 08:09

Stoneage
I don't. And I don't want a fifth wheel under my car either. But I would like him to perform on songs where he could make a difference. On songs like CYHMK, MM and GE for example.

what song is GE?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 10, 2013 08:14

Sorry, Jan. I meant No Expectations, NE - not Great Expectations, GE!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 10, 2013 08:19

Stoneage
Sorry, Jan. I meant No Expectations, NE - not Great Expectations, GE!

lol, i was thinking i may be missing something all this time.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:19

BlackHat
I mean, why not?

It would be some spectacle, would it not ? I'd give my right arm to see that.

As for all this speculation on why Taylor left all those years ago, and who thinks what about whom these days, and who is pissed off about what and so on ...... they've all spoken about it here and there over the years and that's about as much as any of them are ever likely to say on the subject I suspect. Which leaves us to further speculate to our hearts content, but really ..... why bother ? Why not just be grateful that at long last Mick Taylor is actually back playing with the band, and keep pressing (through that "more by Mick Taylor" thread that BV started on here) for an increased contribution from him in what remains of this particular clutch of shows ?

Personally, I think that they are currently really enjoying him being back playing with them, he is more than likely enjoying it himself, animosities have probably been laid to rest to a large degree, and that's as much as we dare ask for and hope for. Lets enjoy it while we have it.

The only other thing they COULD unquestionably do that I for one would be enormously appreciative of would be to record and film these shows and put together a resultant DVD in which Taylor's contributions get respectable exposure

PLEASE Stones ........ PLEASE !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 10, 2013 15:24

No I don't.

I want him for a 4-5 songs bluesy-set. (like: Love in Vain, Midnight Rambler, Stop Breaking Down, Whatch The River Flow, Hide Your Love etc.)

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 20, 2013 06:12

Given the brilliance that Mick Taylor brings to Midnight Rambler & the spark that most of the guests have added on their song - it would certainly be nice to see this additional energy for the whole show with MT on stage from start to finish.

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: May 20, 2013 06:24

JumpinJeppeFlash

Amongst Stones fans he's the most popular guest they've ever had, so it's not exactly pathetic to say we want more of him, but I see where you're coming from...it's a distraction to keep whining instead of enjoying the tour.

Re: We Want Dave Grohl For The Whole Show
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 20, 2013 06:32

Might as well be saying..... We Want Dave Grohl For The Whole Show

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: May 20, 2013 08:10

Mini set, YES.....Whole show, NO. It also occurs to me that some people on here think he took every solo from 69'-75', he did not. The distinctive styles are pretty obvious. I don't want him soloing on things that he didnt on the record.....Dice is an obvious example.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 20, 2013 13:38

Taylor was an inspired improviser in the early 7-tees, every note hit the target. Its clear Taylor cannot do that anymore. It's more safe to let Keith and Ron play the parts that are waterproof, safe and predictable. This tour is about reciting the past as good as possible, with a little help from their friends.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1609
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home