Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I don't understand all the whining!
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:10

Judging from the stuff I listened to, the playing on the 2012/13 tour is much better than on the final Bigger Bang shows. Most of the songs, even the warhorses, sound fresh again (just listen to Brown Sugar from the Echoplex). They added some nice songs to the setlist, had great guests (Tom Waits!!!, Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Florence Welch) and played 23 song sets (they haven't played such long shows since September 2002!). Okay, the ticket priced are a ripoff, but they have also been very high during ABB. They brought back Mick Taylor, who, im my opinion, adds nothing to Midnight Rambler and is heavily overrated among fans, but people are still complaining. I think the Stones could play the entire Exile on Main St. album in a free club show and people would still bitch about them (Keith has lost it, Ronnie's drunk, Mick Taylor should play a 15 min-solo on Shake Your Hips...) I don't get it.

Re: I don't understand all the whining!
Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:12

Hanns Rainsch
Judging from the stuff I listened to, the playing on the 2012/13 tour is much better than on the final Bigger Bang shows. Most of the songs, even the warhorses, sound fresh again (just listen to Brown Sugar from the Echoplex). They added some nice songs to the setlist, had great guests (Tom Waits!!!, Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Florence Welch) and played 23 song sets (they haven't played such long shows since September 2002!). Okay, the ticket priced are a ripoff, but they have also been very high during ABB. They brought back Mick Taylor, who, im my opinion, adds nothing to Midnight Rambler and is heavily overrated among fans, but people are still complaining. I think the Stones could play the entire Exile on Main St. album in a free club show and people would still bitch about them (Keith has lost it, Ronnie's drunk, Mick Taylor should play a 15 min-solo on Shake Your Hips...) I don't get it.

of course you understand all the whining...you just exhibited a nice example of it. good for you! don't sell yourself so short...

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:13

Agreed - notwithstanding the mauling they deservedly got over the attempt to overcharge the market - I think the standard of the current tour is WAY above expectations from say a year ago.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:14

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:19

Date: May 6, 2013 23:20

GRNRBITW
Hanns Rainsch

of course you understand all the whining...you just exhibited a nice example of it. good for you! don't sell yourself so short...

Well okay, I understand the whining up to a point. I just don't think it's adequate considering the dramatic increase of the performances from 2007 to 2012/13.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:22

Ere, listen to this and enjoy

Date: May 6, 2013 23:25

Hanns Rainsch
GRNRBITW
Hanns Rainsch

Well okay, I understand the whining up to a point. I just don't think it's adequate considering the dramatic increase of the performances from 2007 to 2012/13.

ah. well, if you didn't agree that there's been any such increase, perhaps you'd understand better.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:30

Someone should start selling shirts... or something.

Date: May 6, 2013 23:39

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:41

Hannse Rainsh, the real question is if the "all the time and for anything" whiners, themselves, understand their own whining. I 'm doubtful of it...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 6, 2013 23:44

I don't mean to whine but can we stop the whining threads...Nobody ever starts a beering or lagering thread.
Its always whine whine whine...

winning!
Date: May 6, 2013 23:45

OOOOOhhhhh.... my lesdexia must be acting up again.

Re: winning!
Date: May 7, 2013 00:00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 00:03 by GravityBoy.

Date: May 7, 2013 00:03

YEAH!! Let that be a lesson to you!!

winking smiley

Date: May 7, 2013 00:05

Momma told ya not to whine...and now your face is stuck like that!

k

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 7, 2013 00:07

laertisflash
Hannse Rainsh, the real question is if the "all the time and for anything" whiners, themselves, understand their own whining. I 'm doubtful of it...

But we do understand sarcasm and mockery.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 7, 2013 00:07

Hanns Rainsch

quit griping about ticket prices PLEEZ!

Date: May 7, 2013 00:10

GRNRBITW
Hanns Rainsch
GRNRBITW
Hanns Rainsch

ah. well, if you didn't agree that there's been any such increase, perhaps you'd understand better.

I detest the low IQ level exhibited on this thread.

Can't we just decide the point at which whining is acceptable to, and work within that?

I'd be comfortable with some compromise here people.

Date: May 7, 2013 00:12

Is it acceptable to spell whinning with two "n"s?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 00:12 by GravityBoy.

Date: May 7, 2013 00:16

GravityBoy

As long as it is used as a form of sarcockery or mockasm (a mix of sarcasm and mockery)

Date: May 7, 2013 00:17

Max'sKansasCity
GravityBoy

As long as it is used as a form of sarcockery or mockasm (a mix of sarcasm and mockery)

Is fuckoffery a word?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 7, 2013 00:18

Max'sKansasCity
GravityBoy

I think I had a mockasm reading that....

Date: May 7, 2013 00:18

andrewt
Max'sKansasCity
GravityBoy

I think I had a mockasm reading that....
grinning smiley

Date: May 7, 2013 00:33

IMHO anybody can complain about anything. But that doesn't mean everyone else has to agree. Some people seem to have absolutely unrealistic expectations about the Stones and the way they should perform. And it's true: One year ago I expected them to do some 18-song-warhorse-only-setlists with trainwreck performances in a kind of Licks/ Bigger Bang part XXII. I was really surprised and excited about the first 02 show last year and since then, they didn't really disappoint me setlist- and performance-wise like they did quite often during the Bigger Bang years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-07 00:34 by Hanns Rainsch.

Date: May 7, 2013 00:38

i'm expecting 1972 all over again and i predict it will be 1972 in about 3 years.

Date: May 7, 2013 01:26

smileys with beer
GRNRBITW
i'm expecting 1972 all over again and i predict it will be 1972 in about 3 years.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:36

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 7, 2013 01:37

I do understand the whining. The Rolling Stones anno 2013 is pretty much a stale and repetitive band. They deserve critisism especially when they are charging up to $1000 for a ticket.
Even if it makes them cry all the way to the bank.

Date: May 7, 2013 01:40

Hairball

OK, this has to be in the running for "Post 'O' The Day".

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home