Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Family Crisis
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: February 26, 2005 02:51

I have two sisters, one of which is a year younger than me. She is a diabetic, as I am, and is currently in hospital. She is starting to exhibit the nasty effects of long-term diabetes, and her health is failing. She is undergoing tests, EKG and the like. For fragile diabetics, there is a host of problems that can debilitate one. I'm 47, and have been lucky. I'm as strong as a horse. She is 46, and while I'm
not religious, but I will ask for those of you who are to offer a prayer for my sweet sister. She is a wonderful person, with two sons, and I can't bear the thought of her succumbing to this disease at so young an age.

Re: Family Crisis
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 26, 2005 03:06

What's her name? I'll send some happy thoughts her way. Will do anything to help.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 26, 2005 03:07

Bassplayer..hope all goes well for your sister and give her all the love you got.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 26, 2005 03:08

I'm probably not the right person to offer a prayer, but I'll sure hope she'll be fine soon!

Date: February 26, 2005 03:35

JKF, her name is Teresa, or as we are call her, "Sis". Thanks for asking. She used to come to some of my band gigs, and was a welcome family support. My sisters and I are pretty tight knit since my mom died years ago, and my other (younger) one is my next-door neighbor. I'm sure Sis will be fine--I'll keep you guys posted.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 26, 2005 03:45

I will say some happy thoughts for your sister too. My son was diagnosed with diabetes 1 1/2 years ago. He already has numbness in his feet, (Type 1). I hope there is a cure soon. The best always.

Date: February 26, 2005 03:50

Thanks, Demon. I'm glad that this community watches out for each other, and really cares about its members and their families. It means a lot.

Date: February 26, 2005 04:23

Follow-up: no evidence of heart disease , but maybe an onset of acid reflux, which is getting more common these days. (Whew) If that's all it is, it can be treated. However, for us diabetic folk, ANY additional condition (the flu or even a common cold), can screw us up for a while. Believe me, I know from personal experience. Last year, a bout of the flu nearly turned into pneumonia for me. Between my stubborn constitution and medications, I came out OK.

Lesson: if there is history of diabetes in your family, watch yourselves and your kids closely for signs of the disease.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 26, 2005 04:47

Bassplayer, glad to hear it! Holding a good thought for you and yours, as always!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 26, 2005 05:01

best wishes to your sister. Hope her health picks up soon

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 26, 2005 05:02

Bassplayer,
Best of love to you and your family.
Despite any disagreeements here, I will keep you guys in my prayers and thoughts.
Hang in there.
Kurt

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: February 26, 2005 06:28

Bassplayer:

The best of wishes and all our prayers from here in Virginia to Teresa. As you know West Virginia folks are the world's best people. God bless and Montani Semper Liberi.

Karl

Posted by: marston ()
Date: February 26, 2005 07:15

It is written in the Bible, Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. He healed people during His days here, and He can do it know too. Pray and believe!

Greg

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 26, 2005 08:00

Best of wishes to both of you. Hey you have to stay healthy so that we can meet up on the next tour!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 26, 2005 08:00

Best of wishes to both of you. Hey you have to stay healthy so that we can meet up on the next tour!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 26, 2005 09:56

hope your sister gets better
wish you all the best to you both.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: February 26, 2005 11:55

I also wish the best to both of you.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: February 26, 2005 12:32

Cheer up!!!!! No religious too, so, I prefer "drink" for her health.... but even without know you... I´m sure than she´s more strong than you think... maybe not a "horse".... but she will surprise you!! Be sure!!!!

Really, really all the best

Miguel

Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 26, 2005 15:06

I'm not religious either but wish her well,
and will be thinking healing thoughts
for both of you Bassplayer.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 26, 2005 15:54

Best of wishes from Europe.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: February 26, 2005 15:57

Diabetes is VERY common nowadays and although it can be treated to some extent, you have to keep an eye on it.

It's not common in my family but my Aunt now has it and she's lost 2 stone. Some women would kill to lose 2 stone - but it depends how you look at it....

Hope you and your Sis and family will be well mate!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: February 26, 2005 16:22

All the best to you and Teresa from Norway. May good health and fortune shine on the both of you.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: February 26, 2005 17:46

Good luck to your sis.
I'm a diabetic, hope I'll stay lucky (and try helping lucky a hand winking smiley ).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home