Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 105
Re: We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
Posted by: kpl ()
Date: July 11, 2013 04:54

I have listened and watched the CYHMK from Glastonbury several times. In my opinion it is the best version of the 5 performannces so far. It sounded fresh and sophisticated. MT live elevates the musical boundaries of thhe band.I also thought that this version also had great cntributions from Charlie and Keith. The evolution f. CYHNK on this tour reminds me of MT's impact on YOu can't always get what you wanton the 73 tour. Every night was differnt and by the time Brussels affair rolled around it was maginificent. I sure hope they don't cut MT loose after the 2nd Hyde park show. Bringing MT into the studio would be great. Can yu imagine what Mick Taylor would add to 'Back of my hand" from Bigger Bang?

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: July 11, 2013 15:43

MisterDDDD
...Secondly, I LOVED the solo and like most long time fans am THRILLED for Mick Taylor and the band to have him on the tour and playing on SELECT songs.
REALLY pleased for him and the band when he has an outstanding APPEARANCE.
This looks like a late confession. A kind of "coming out"? >grinning smiley<
Your rallying to the good Rolling Stones music is mostly welcomesmileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 15:47 by MarkSchneider.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:00

kpl
I have listened and watched the CYHMK from Glastonbury several times. In my opinion it is the best version of the 5 performannces so far. It sounded fresh and sophisticated. MT live elevates the musical boundaries of thhe band.I also thought that this version also had great cntributions from Charlie and Keith. The evolution f. CYHNK on this tour reminds me of MT's impact on YOu can't always get what you wanton the 73 tour. Every night was differnt and by the time Brussels affair rolled around it was maginificent. I sure hope they don't cut MT loose after the 2nd Hyde park show. Bringing MT into the studio would be great. Can yu imagine what Mick Taylor would add to 'Back of my hand" from Bigger Bang?

It's time to bring him into the studio...who the hell knows, maybe that's the offer on the table with MT, stay in line during the North American tour, record with 'us' and then back on the road playing the new material.

That would really up the ante.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:33

3 more days until this thread is disappeared.

Posted by: kwf ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:34

Max'sKansasCity

We will still want more MT though, regardless...

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 11, 2013 17:37

Lookin bad for the mini-set.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 11, 2013 18:39

Thrylan
Lookin bad for the mini-set.

Maybe they'll bring Taylor in to overdub the guitar parts on the inevitable live album from the tour.

Now that they've alienated Blondie, they have to go with plan B.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 11, 2013 18:48

Max'sKansasCity

Maybe BV can edit it: "We wanted Mick Taylor on more songs (please)".

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: July 11, 2013 20:36

I can't wait until its just the stones with RW throwing picks and doing pumped fists and Keith just strumming the neck of his guitar.... "Oh wow man" lets play 'Appy" and "Steal my silver schlong..."

Meanwhile the best guitarist the stones ever had can go back to his flop house living...

All makes sense.

Date: July 11, 2013 20:46

The Taylor forum is waiting for you, since you obviously don't appreciate the Stones...

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 11, 2013 21:05

duffydawg
I can't wait until its just the stones with RW throwing picks and doing pumped fists and Keith just strumming the neck of his guitar.... "Oh wow man" lets play 'Appy" and "Steal my silver schlong..."

Meanwhile the best guitarist the stones ever had can go back to his flop house living...

All makes sense.

I don't think Mick will have to go back to flop house living. He's been paid well for this tour according to most sources, and he will likely be touring with them some more if they go on to Europe. Playing one song most nights, but at the same rate of pay. Hopefully his raised profile will help him get more work with other artists and help him build an audience for any further touring with his own band.

Date: July 11, 2013 21:09

Two songs most nights, that is...

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: July 12, 2013 04:13

DandelionPowderman
The Taylor forum is waiting for you, since you obviously don't appreciate the Stones...

Love the stones....but their guitarists are like a Vaudeville act....they need Taylor to truly shine. Most critics agree. Been to too many concerts since the 1990s to endure any more without the pop of Taylor.

RS W Taylor = Greatest Rock and Roll Band Ever.
RS W/O Tayor isn't as good. Enuff said...

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 12, 2013 05:06

winter
In a good-natured way, he should pull a KC '81, If they play Miss You before Rambler like they have the last few sets, when he comes on for Rambler, he just stays put through the rest of the night. Would they kick him off if he respected the soundspace and added to the breaks?

A little bit of that rebellious rock-n-roll spirit to burst out of the barn, a well-intentioned bit of civil disobedience, an unscripted dynamic in the warhorse run. Lay low during SMU and sparse parts of the other songs, showing you're there to support the songs, then let 'er rip during solo breaks where noone's stepping up. A real 44th anniversary to his stage debut with them there.

If they could trust a 20 year old in '69 to play his whole first show with them (when they didn't have the consistent backing night to night of the larger modern-era touring band), then surely they can trust that same person to play the last hour of Saturday's set.

"and Mick T grasped the nettle, it's sink or shine
on the banks of the Serpentine.
Don't hold back. Be bold, be bold baybah!"

I still think he should just come out for Rambler on Saturday and not leave the stage. (I have no idea why I re-worked a DW song lyric the other day; must've been the drugs.)

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: July 12, 2013 05:50

Agreed!! RS w/Taylor = Best Band Ever!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 12, 2013 06:10

svt22
Max'sKansasCity

haha...or "IF ONLY WE HAD MICK TAYLOR..."

Date: July 12, 2013 10:23

duffydawg

All makes sense.
DandelionPowderman

Nuanced, careful rhetoric... grinning smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 12, 2013 14:16

MarkSchneider
duffydawg

All makes sense.
DandelionPowderman

Any good Rolling Stones forum is also a Taylor forum.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 12, 2013 16:50

Glastonbury CYHMK - I think it is the best of the 5 - MT really makes the use of his triple stops and the riff the centerpiece of the solo as he has a begining a middle and an end to the solo( Wow a stones guitarist that can still play a coherent solo.MT goes up and down the fretboard and back to his triple stops the main theme of his sudio live solo with one take as the legend goes.

play the guitar boy

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 12, 2013 17:39

OpenG
Glastonbury CYHMK - I think it is the best of the 5 - MT really makes the use of his triple stops and the riff the centerpiece of the solo as he has a begining a middle and an end to the solo( Wow a stones guitarist that can still play a coherent solo.MT goes up and down the fretboard and back to his triple stops the main theme of his sudio live solo with one take as the legend goes.

play the guitar boy

It's not the best of the 5 imo, all have their special qualities. But the sound quality of the Glastonbury Knocking knocks the other 4 down easily.

Date: July 12, 2013 18:50

Each instrument is clearly audible in your post, kleer. IMO this is by far the best take of CYHMK. Best MT solo (though LA 2 was flawless) Best Rolling Stones performance (all musicians reached expectations, including Leavell). Highest emotion (= LA 2). An immense moment, that you eventually picked... from friends working at the BBC?
LA 2 is awesome too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-12 18:52 by MarkSchneider.

Date: July 12, 2013 21:34

duffydawg
DandelionPowderman

Love the stones....but their guitarists are like a Vaudeville act....they need Taylor to truly shine. Most critics agree. Been to too many concerts since the 1990s to endure any more without the pop of Taylor.

I see the same four of five people posting in this thread. Where are your "critics", aren't they fans?

Date: July 12, 2013 21:36

MarkSchneider
Each instrument is clearly audible in your post, kleer. IMO this is by far the best take of CYHMK. Best MT solo (though LA 2 was flawless) Best Rolling Stones performance (all musicians reached expectations, including Leavell). Highest emotion (= LA 2). An immense moment, that you eventually picked... from friends working at the BBC?
LA 2 is awesome too.

LA 2 was great, but it was far from flawless smiling smiley

Date: July 12, 2013 21:38

MarkSchneider
duffydawg

All makes sense.
DandelionPowderman

Thank you, professor. I'm looking forward to reading posts from you concerning the Rolling Stones, btw. Can't remember reading one?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 13, 2013 00:42

DandelionPowderman
duffydawg
DandelionPowderman

I see the same four of five people posting in this thread. Where are your "critics", aren't they fans?

Can't think of a single critic who has said the stones are like a vaudeville act without Taylor but with him are the GRNRBITW

Date: July 13, 2013 01:05

Best vaudeville act ever.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: July 13, 2013 01:14

kpl

In my books Back Of My Hand is the best song they have done in the past 30 or so years. Had the fortune to get it live in Boston on the opening night of ABB. To add Taylor to a song like this, that would bring me back to the magic moments of Sticky Fingers

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: July 13, 2013 01:18

Eleanor Rigby
svt22
Max'sKansasCity

haha...or "IF ONLY WE HAD MICK TAYLOR..."

No wait! Last shot for tomorrow: the thread must be changed from "We want" to "We NEED Mick Taylor on more songs please." Maybe NEED is the magic word. >grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-13 04:22 by LookoutMountain.

Date: July 13, 2013 01:19

Three slide guitarists one one song would surely be interesting smiling smiley

Jokes aside, that one is made for Taylor, imo. And it is indeed great!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 13, 2013 02:03

MarkSchneider
MisterDDDD
...Secondly, I LOVED the solo and like most long time fans am THRILLED for Mick Taylor and the band to have him on the tour and playing on SELECT songs.
REALLY pleased for him and the band when he has an outstanding APPEARANCE.
This looks like a late confession. A kind of "coming out"? >grinning smiley<
Your rallying to the good Rolling Stones music is mostly welcomesmileys with beer

Not at all.
Late or a confession.

Same position I've held throughout.

Cause of how I'm a ROLLING STONES (all inclusive) FAN.

Should give it a whirl.
It's a gas gas gas.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home