Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Gwen Stefani is worse than Lady GoGo
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:27

She's photogenic, but last night wasn't a photo shoot. And shadooby, I wouldn't call her a flash in the pan. She's not really musically relevant anymore, but she had a good run, albeit one I still don't get, from '95-'06.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:30

NoCode0680
She's photogenic, but last night wasn't a photo shoot. And shadooby, I wouldn't call her a flash in the pan. She's not really musically relevant anymore, but she had a good run, albeit one I still don't get, from '95-'06.

Bless you

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:31

BowieStone
It's not hard to be worse than Lady Gaga as I found her (Gaga) very entertaining.
Sorry. Just my opinion.

Gwen svcked btw.
They should just stop duetting on WH. It never works.

Agree with that. Lady GaGa was surprisingly good I thought. Sang well, took control of the stage. It looked like the band was really pleased with it.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:56

24FPS
Max'sKansasCity
Ill take Gwen over eggegg ANY DAY.

Another comic genius.

Neither Gwen Stefabini nor Lady Ding-Dong have any business on stage with The Stones. I mock Lady Ding-Dong becasue she is a blooter. Gwen was awful.

And yes, Max and I are geniuses.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:58

bigfrankie
24FPS
Max'sKansasCity
Ill take Gwen over eggegg ANY DAY.

Another comic genius.

Neither Gwen Stefabini nor Lady Ding-Dong have any business on stage with The Stones. I mock Lady Ding-Dong becasue she is a blooter. Gwen was awful.

And yes, Max and I are geniuses.

I didn't realize they'd downgraded the meaning.

Date: May 5, 2013 02:58

What's a blooter? I tried to Google it but it said it was Scottish slang for "hitting something hard".

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:00

Blooter: (Noun) A babbler, a bumbling idiot, a fool.

Date: May 5, 2013 03:04

tatters
Blooter: (Noun) A babbler, a bumbling idiot, a fool.

OK, that makes more sense than "hitting something hard" or the other slang definition that was given, "Black Hooters Waitress".

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:11

black n blue
tatters

Its about singing the songs, I rather see some fat chick eating a hot dog on stage

Dinner ain't over till the fat lady eats.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:13

Gwen's just a girl... put on a train wreck... I bet she would have been better great on "Live with me" and been able to practice some more.

Posted by: mgshorr ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:44

I've decided to forgive Gwen. She definitely feels like sh*t today. (Apparently she is a Stones fan so that makes it worse.)

She had a classic case of nerves and blanked out.

P.S. If I were her, I would have just ran off stage or gone crowd-surfing in the tongue pit. Or just about anything to get away from Mick's death stare.

You can't hang her for it though. She's just too good lookin'>grinning smiley<

Date: May 5, 2013 03:47

mgshorr
I've decided to forgive Gwen. She definitely feels like sh*t today. (Apparently she is a Stones fan so that makes it worse.)

She had a classic case of nerves and blanked out.

P.S. If I were her, I would have just ran off stage or gone crowd-surfing in the tongue pit. Or just about anything to get away from Mick's death stare.

You can't hang her for it though. She's just too good lookin'>grinning smiley<

You ARE correct Sir.

She has paid dues for 20-30 years in the music business, I will cut her some slack.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:58

I guess I'll join the armchair critic game.

I wouldn't say that Stefani's performance was horrible. It just wasn't anything special. I'm not a fan of her vocal style/tonality and thankfully she kept it somewhat to a minimum last night, which I think was fine. Not every song requires a Gimme Shelter-type of performance. She @#$%& up the lyrics but that happens to the best of them.

If there's one thing I didn't like, it was the tempo. The feeling of the song was kinda lost because of that. And that you can't blame on Gwen Stefani.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:04

This skank was worst then Amy Winehouse. I never heard anything that bad. She is that awful. Is that the way she really sounds live? Do me a favor Stafani. Go back to the local bar and practice your karaoke. That's where you belong. You suck. You really do.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:06

RockinJive
This skank was worst then Amy Winehouse.
you're quite the ladies man.

Date: May 5, 2013 04:11

GumbootCloggeroo
I guess I'll join the armchair critic game.

I wouldn't say that Stefani's performance was horrible. It just wasn't anything special. I'm not a fan of her vocal style/tonality and thankfully she kept it somewhat to a minimum last night, which I think was fine. Not every song requires a Gimme Shelter-type of performance. She @#$%& up the lyrics but that happens to the best of them.

If there's one thing I didn't like, it was the tempo. The feeling of the song was kinda lost because of that. And that you can't blame on Gwen Stefani.

When she was flubbing that verse she was extremely off key, sounded like drunk karaoke. But maybe she wouldn't have if she hadn't flubbed the verse, it might be hard to sing while at the same time realizing you just butchered a Jagger/Richards verse 10 feet away from Jagger and Richards.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:39

Lets face it there is not one female singer out there who can top Lisa fischer...

So why they keep subjecting the audience to below par performances "guests" is beyond me.

Date: May 5, 2013 04:43

maxx
Lets face it there is not one female singer out there who can top Lisa fischer...

So why they keep subjecting the audience to below par performances "guests" is beyond me.

Well, If you were Mick Jagger and could invite some of the finest looking, best singers in the world to duet with you on stage... wouldnt you? Of course sometimes it will work, and sometimes not, but maybe that is part of the fun.

Cheers Mr Jagger!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 04:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:44

maxx

I thought the Florence and the Machine chick was great as was Lady Gaga

Pure entertainment.

Date: May 5, 2013 06:09

treaclefingers
maxx

Pure entertainment.

I thought Florence Henderson was great....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:27

I think she's hot, and I like some songs from No Doubt, but....

They should have had her sing on a much more energetic/loud/upbeat song...maybe the mistakes would have been less noticeable.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2013 11:50

She has a low cracking horrible voice and she flubbed the words so yes: worst guest ever! grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 5, 2013 11:53

treaclefingers
maxx

Pure entertainment.

That's the problem : we don't need no stinkin' entertainment, we need ART! >grinning smiley<

Date: May 5, 2013 17:06

Gwen Stefani was worse than Lady GooGoo.And both were gimmicks.

Up to and including 81/82 (or part of 89), "guests" were very rare and were top-notch performers (i.e. Clapton, Stevie Wonder, Santana...) or in recognition of specific/ special talents (i.e.Doug Kershaw, John Lee Hooker...).

Since then, we've seen a variety of mis-matched "guests". Gwen Stefanbini and Lady Goo Goo should never be on stage with The Stones.There have been quite a few others, but marble-mouth Stefanbini was the worst. It's time for Mick to recognize it and end the gimmicks.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:30

I was at the Newark show. When lady gag gag came on I hung my head in shame. It was that bad. You think Mick would of learned his lesson with Amy Winehouse.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:31

Id prefer some new acts who could change the song, unknown or known producers, artists whatever. Think outside the box Mick! I would not like to e see or hear Clapton or Santana again.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 5, 2013 17:38

I think she passed the rehearsals...otherwise they wouldn't let her in....it just went badly....bad luck next time better (maybe she moved too much and not concentration on the lyrics)

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: May 5, 2013 18:57

NoCode0680
24FPS
There's nothing funnier than a guy playing with Lady Ga Ga's name. Like the A-hole last night who came up to the T-shirt stand and stated loudly, "Is this where they sell Mick Jagger's Depends?" I laughed obnoxiously loud ala Deniro. It got everybody's attention. They asked me why I did that and I looked at the guy and said, "Because he's so funny." He slunk away.

Maybe the guy just shit his pants and was really looking for some Depends.

Awesome, no time for attempted buzzkills

Date: May 12, 2013 19:06

Katy Perry was better than Lady GooGoo. Lady GooGoo was better than Gwen Stefani. Who was Stefani better than???

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 12, 2013 23:11

No she wasn't. Perry's first verse was brutal almost like she was going to choke. Gaga at least can actually sing much better than that bimbo. Gaga commands attention no matter how ridiculous to get seen, but at least she can back it up with actual talent and musical knowledge as opposed to Perry who literally knows ****-all. She's hidious to me with her eyes too close together. I listened to an interview with Perry and she knows nothing about music history besides her comment that her mom slept with Jimi Hendrix. Gaga at least has reverence for the rock and roll legends like the Stones and Queen etc. She also listens to it unlike Perry who doesn't play any instruments and was caught onstage pretending to play the flute until the backing track screwed up. Its on youtube and its ludicrous. She was trying to falsely gain credibility as a real musician. She's a joke.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home