Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Emotional Rescue - Live debut Los Angeles - May, 3rd 2013
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 5, 2013 21:50

A nod to an era often overlooked these days..

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 5, 2013 23:19

Pete66
Great song, brings back memories from 1980. They really should have toured after the Emotional Rescue lp, which was very succesful around the world. The songs on that album would have been better known. Now bring on Summer Romance, Down in the Hole and Where the Boys Go!

Pete.

In those days, they only toured every three years--'69, '72, '75, '78, and '81. This was the reason Mick gave back in the day for not touring behind Undercover, saying, "I didn't want to do a tour, because we'd just done one."

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 7, 2013 00:55

No videos of Oaktown so far, was it the same version, shorter falsetto part and shorter overall than the single?

Date: June 10, 2013 11:12

I don't think I'd seen this mentioned before but I was listening to the CHI/1 boot this morning and noticed that unlike on previous versions, the second verse was also song in falsetto...not in CHI/2 though...but it was back for CHI/3, what's up with that!

Date: June 10, 2013 11:28

stonehearted
Pete66
Great song, brings back memories from 1980. They really should have toured after the Emotional Rescue lp, which was very succesful around the world. The songs on that album would have been better known. Now bring on Summer Romance, Down in the Hole and Where the Boys Go!

Pete.

In those days, they only toured every three years--'69, '72, '75, '78, and '81. This was the reason Mick gave back in the day for not touring behind Undercover, saying, "I didn't want to do a tour, because we'd just done one."

There was a short "Sticky Fingers"-tour in 1971 + a "Black And Blue"-tour in 1976.

No rules without exceptions, I guess winking smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 10, 2013 12:24

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
Pete66

Pete.

There was a short "Sticky Fingers"-tour in 1971 + a "Black And Blue"-tour in 1976.

I think Stonehearted is only counting the USA-tours, here.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 10, 2013 16:02

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
Pete66

Pete.

Don't exceptions prove rules?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 10, 2013 16:14

Wow! I never thought they would play this ever. It's amazing they did. What a song!

I'll be checking back on this board again in a few days to figure out if there have been further surprises in the set list. Now I believe there will be another.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 10, 2013 18:55

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
stonehearted
Pete66

Pete.

I think Stonehearted is only counting the USA-tours, here.

And the "Goats Head Soup" tour in 1973. And didn't they play a couple things of the 1967 European tour that weren't played on the 1966 tour of the U.S.?

Date: June 10, 2013 18:58

billwebster
Wow! I never thought they would play this ever. It's amazing they did. What a song!

I'll be checking back on this board again in a few days to figure out if there have been further surprises in the set list. Now I believe there will be another.

Keeping track of them here : [www.iorr.org] ;-)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 10, 2013 20:36

24FPS
And didn't they play a couple things of the 1967 European tour that weren't played on the 1966 tour of the U.S.?

Yes:-

Get Off Of My Cloud/Yesterday's Papers (Medley)
Ruby Tuesday
Let's Spend The Night Together

Date: June 20, 2013 14:37

Anyone else keeping tabs on "Emotional Rescue"? I am, I guess...Anyway I was listening to the 6/18 boot this morning and again Mick sang the two first verses in falsetto (like on the record) only going to standard singing with "I was dreaming last night".

Also of note the alternating of :
- you're a poor girl in a rich man's house
- you're a poor boy in a rich man's house

They still don't quite nail the groove though, sounds too reggae to my ears, Darryl's fault?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 14:41 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 20, 2013 16:44

The folks in Boston at the 6/14 show including myself got not only ER again but a couple of songs later the tour debut of Memory Motel. Keith was spot on with his vocal parts and the crowd loved him back for it!!!

Mike

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: May 9, 2014 12:31

In the case of "As Tears Go By," its appearance on the 2/13/1966 broadcast of The Ed Sullivan Show was the only live performance of the song in the group's early days (especially with Brian Jones); it is true the Stones never played this song on tour until the one for A Bigger Bang.

~Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-09 12:32 by BrianJones1969.

Date: May 9, 2014 12:36

gotdablouse
Anyone else keeping tabs on "Emotional Rescue"? I am, I guess...Anyway I was listening to the 6/18 boot this morning and again Mick sang the two first verses in falsetto (like on the record) only going to standard singing with "I was dreaming last night".

Also of note the alternating of :
- you're a poor girl in a rich man's house
- you're a poor boy in a rich man's house

They still don't quite nail the groove though, sounds too reggae to my ears, Darryl's fault?

He did a third version as well - you're a poor boy in a rich girl's house smiling smiley

Date: May 9, 2014 13:00

Where was that, at HP ?

Anyway that's a year gone by now...wonder if ER will be back in the setlist for the 2014 On Fire Euro tour.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 9, 2014 13:09

gotdablouse
Where was that, at HP ?

Anyway that's a year gone by now...wonder if ER will be back in the setlist for the 2014 On Fire Euro tour.

I think so, but I'm not sure. Will check. I know I've heard it smiling smiley

Yeah, I hope they'll include it in the setlist again, indeed.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 9, 2014 13:14

Love the song- the only problem in concert is the Bass sound is too high pitched and should be played at a lower key just like the album version.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home