Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 22, 2013 15:37

crholmstrom
I'm hoping for all 3 guitars for part of the show. I don't think there should be any discussion about Ronnie being a true Stone. He's been in the band longer than Brian Jones & Mick Taylor combined.

Who has the most album time?

I don't think there is much in it.

Ronnie spent 25 years hanging around.

Date: April 22, 2013 15:42

GravityBoy
crholmstrom
I'm hoping for all 3 guitars for part of the show. I don't think there should be any discussion about Ronnie being a true Stone. He's been in the band longer than Brian Jones & Mick Taylor combined.

Who has the most album time?

I don't think there is much in it.

Ronnie spent 25 years hanging around.

I'm pretty sure Ronnie has the longest guitar solo on any Stones album. On You Can't Always Get What You Want from LYL he's playing for quite a few minutes winking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 22, 2013 15:54

DandelionPowderman

I'm pretty sure Ronnie has the longest guitar solo on any Stones album. On You Can't Always Get What You Want from LYL he's playing for quite a few minutes winking smiley

One of the many reasons why LYL is such a disaster.

Date: April 22, 2013 15:56

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

You just couldn't resist, could you? grinning smiley

PS: Will you be attending the Hyde Park shows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-22 15:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 22, 2013 16:02

I love LYL its my second favorite live record I think. The guitars sound awesome! My favorite version of IORR (is there a better one than that?) plus an excellent version of SFTD.

Date: April 22, 2013 16:09

sanQ
I love LYL its my second favorite live record I think. The guitars sound awesome! My favorite version of IORR (is there a better one than that?) plus an excellent version of SFTD.

Agree 100% That IORR is nothing but awesome. SFTD is great, too.

Date: April 22, 2013 17:06

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

I couldn't resist to present the hard facts Dandy winking smiley

No I won't be there, being just back from Rome, and in September it'll be Barcelona. Besides there's an operation planned during that time for my wife. Fortunately nothing serious, but it has to be done anyway. So I'll have to check YT carefully smiling smiley

Date: April 22, 2013 17:07

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

No I won't be there, being just back from Rome, and in September it'll be Barcelona. Besides there's an operation planned during that time for my wife. Fortunately nothing serious, but it has to be done anyway. So I'll have to check YT carefully smiling smiley

That's too bad. Have a nice summer, and the best of luck to your wife.

Date: April 22, 2013 17:12

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

That's too bad. Have a nice summer, and the best of luck to your wife.

Thanks Dandy. We differ on the appreciation of the Stones musically as much as possible (on politics it's a totally different matter), but good grief, you're one of the kindest posters here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-22 17:14 by kleermaker.

Date: April 22, 2013 19:44

We´re all on the same team, kleerie - we have the same favourite band smiling smiley

There are probably more things we agree on musically, than not. I´m willing to bet on it winking smiley

Cheers! smileys with beer

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 22, 2013 20:17

slew
I think I'll wait and see what happens rather than pre-conceived notions about MT only being at the rehearsals for a week.

Oh come on, jump in for a swim, the water's fine--without preconceived notions, what else would we have to talk about here? The (music) news? Just the facts? Boring! The real discussions happen when we begin to analyze the facts.... and "the facts don't always provide the truth"....

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: April 22, 2013 20:43

sanQ
I hope Mick Taylor's there, and if not, then I hope he's there soon. I am glad that we are supposed to be getting three guitarists! Mick, Ronnie, and Keith! It doesn't get any better than that!

Hear Hear, well saiddrinking smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 22, 2013 21:24

leatherjacket
I know you guys will yawn but for me Ronnie will never be a true Stone. He is as a matter of fact the copartner to Rod Steward in look and playing.

Dumbest comment here this year so far.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: April 22, 2013 21:48

DandelionPowderman
SundanceKid
DandelionPowderman
He'll be there soon.

... and put you over the moon.

Indeed he will, just like in London in November thumbs up

How old are we, 14? eye popping smiley

I don't know how that is age related at all. It's simply a thrill to see these guys share the stage again, anyone that has an appreciation for this band and their music will recognise that.
Hopefully you don't suffer from hearing loss yet, despite 'getting on a bit' ? winking smiley

Date: April 22, 2013 22:00

Thanks for the smiley, Sundancekid, I might have gotten you wrong this time. My bad smileys with beer

I thought you were being ironic about me going over the moon about Taylor, which I indeed do now and then...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-22 22:06 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: April 22, 2013 22:23

DandelionPowderman
Thanks for the smiley, Sundancekid, I might have gotten you wrong this time. My bad smileys with beer

I thought you were being ironic about me going over the moon about Taylor, which I indeed do now and then...

Oh no, I'm pretty sure I'll be even more elated than you.
'Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars...'

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 23, 2013 02:07

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Ouch! grinning smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 23, 2013 02:30

JumpinJeppeFlash
leatherjacket
I know you guys will yawn but for me Ronnie will never be a true Stone. He is as a matter of fact the copartner to Rod Steward in look and playing.

Dumbest comment here this year so far.
Totally agree. Ronnie is as much of a Stones as Taylor is. They both aren't original and if you don't think Ronnie is, then you can't think Taylor. Ronnie has done as much, if not more, to contribute to the band as Taylor. Just because its not as legendary isn't fair or make him less of a Stone. Ronnie was the last Rolling Stone.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 23, 2013 02:37

I'm just saying that he has been in the band a long time. Many shows & albums. I love both Ronnie & Mick Taylor. (& Brian Jones for that matter). Ronnie & Mick are both fine musicians. I hope we get plenty of all 3 guitars playing together. I think both Some Girls & Tatoo You have aged pretty darned well. I will grant you the during the Taylor years the band was at the top of the mountain. No one can sustain that kind of peak forever. I'm also pretty into the kind of weird pop phase (She Smiled Sweetly. etc.). Its all part of an amazing journey. 2 weeks & 4 days until Vegas!cool smiley

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 23, 2013 05:35

VT22 IS CORRECT! Except they all need to be playing thru svt's. I would settle for v2' s.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 11:04

His Majesty
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Ouch! grinning smiley

Imo one of the few decent solos he ever played with the Stones.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 11:28

VT22
His Majesty
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Ouch! grinning smiley

Imo one of the few decent solos he ever made with the Stones.

Have to agree - I always loved Ronnie's LYL YCAGWYW solo. I am a huge Taylor fan but getting sick of hearing about Ronnie vs Taylor. I suspect Ronnie has been instrumental (and very gracious) in getting Taylor involved...so I am just very grateful and excited to see what happens in the forthcoming gigs. Won't be able to go to one, but hope the 3 guitar attack is great...look forward to a dvd

Date: April 23, 2013 11:47

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 23, 2013 11:48

VT22
His Majesty
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Ouch! grinning smiley

Imo one of the few decent solos he ever played with the Stones.

Another style - take a look at the Some Girls movie - great guitar playing from Ronnie. A pity it went wrong later on 1981 until last tour.

Date: April 23, 2013 11:52

He still played good in 1989. It was from 1997 he detoriated totally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-23 11:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: April 23, 2013 13:02

Yes yes guys, Wood and Taylor do appreciate each others playing.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 23, 2013 13:04

DandelionPowderman
He still played good in 1989. It was from 1997 he detoriated totally.

To the point.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:26

DandelionPowderman

Boring and far too much widdle widdle. grinning smiley

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: April 23, 2013 19:31

Hey,

What I want to know is what songs are being worked on with Taylor in the mix right now!!!

Anybody with any inside knowledge please post!!!

MLC

Date: April 23, 2013 19:53

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Boring and far too much widdle widdle. grinning smiley

That's not fair, his best ever.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home