Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:14

VT22
His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Boring and far too much widdle widdle. grinning smiley

That's not fair, his best ever.

I do not agree with that. cool smiley

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 23, 2013 20:17

Deleted

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 24, 2013 16:12

VT22
His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Boring and far too much widdle widdle. grinning smiley

That's not fair, his best ever.

That solo leads to nowhere. No head or tail or anything interesting at all. An insult to the ear.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: April 24, 2013 18:23

I saw Mick Taylor tear up Midnight Rambler on 12/17 in NJ from my excellent vantage point of 1st row, 1st seat on Woody's side of the stage. The energy, melody and raw talent that he brought to the stage was unforgetable. His participation is sorely needed on many more tunes to take these shows to a Ya-Ya's level. Believe it baby, Taylor is back and he's better than ever.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: April 24, 2013 19:14

Cocaine Eyes
I quite simply LOVE THE ROLLING STONES! And you're right - it's 'their band'.

The recent brouhaha here over Mick Taylor is ridiculous. Aren't we grateful that our Rolling Stones are rehearsing and about to tour? Isn't that enough?

Brian,Nicky, Jimmy, Billy, Ollie,Don, Bobby, Bernard, Blondie, Lisa,Taylor, Ronnie, on and on, are the ones who made the soundtrack to our lives.

Can't we just live with it?

confused smiley

HEAR HEAR Cocaine Eyes smileys with beer

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: April 24, 2013 19:19

RollingFreak
71Tele
As I have said before, it will be great to have ALL of them onstage TOGETHER, Wood included. I just hope they are creative with the guitar parts - there are certainly plenty of opportunities to mix it up, given the richness of the catalog. I wonly wish Bill were there too. That would be perfect, but this is great.

100% absolutely agree. I love Mick Taylor, I love Ronnie Wood, I love Keith Richards. You know why? Because I love the Rolling Stones. They have each been helpful to making the music we all love and its not necessary to rank them. Do I like Taylor more? Yeah, mainly because he's on my favorite recordings, which isn't necessarily fair to Ronnie Wood. Mick Taylor could have been on a lot of crap too if he didn't leave, and Ronnie had his own great stuff going on during the Stones glory period. But yes, I do happen to like Mick Taylor's guitar playing a little more.

smileys with beer

However, I have always thought that in this past decade, Ronnie has SHINED as the Stones guitarist, especially when Keith was under par. When I watch videos of the band since 2000, most of the guitar parts I get into are played by Ronnie. He's an EXCELLENT guitarist and the guy genuinely seems like he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I don't want to see Mick Taylor guest with the Stones. I want to see Mick Taylor PLAY with the Stones, and noodle around with Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards. We know Richards and Taylor sound good together, we know Wood and Richards sound good together. As a three piece, they would sound excellent. They can easily all get along and play together and it would just be awesome to see them have fun with each other. I think it would inspire all 3 of them, and as a fan of the band, I'd love to see Mick Taylor cheer on Wood during a solo and Wood to the same. And Keith Richards smiling like a grandfather at both of them. Its just a nice image for us fans. And I think it would inspire a friendly one-upsmanship that would lead to an awesome guitar section. I also think it would dispel all the cheers and talk of "we just want to see Taylor" or "we just want to see Wood". You'd get to see both of them and there wouldn't really be a section of the show where one feels second fiddle.

Anyway, there's my rant. I'd be happy to just see Taylor guest, but yeah, what I said above would be the dream, and one that really shouldn't be unattainable. Obviously I'd also love to see Bill with them too, but what are ya gonna do. He doesn't seem to really want to play with them and we can't do anything about the fact that he doesn't like to travel. I think the bottom line is, if Wyman expressed an interest, the Stones would probably take him this late in the game to capitalize on their 50th. I want to see Wyman if he wants to be there.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: April 24, 2013 19:53

YES

ronkeith72
I saw Mick Taylor tear up Midnight Rambler on 12/17 in NJ from my excellent vantage point of 1st row, 1st seat on Woody's side of the stage. The energy, melody and raw talent that he brought to the stage was unforgetable. His participation is sorely needed on many more tunes to take these shows to a Ya-Ya's level. Believe it baby, Taylor is back and he's better than ever.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 1, 2013 16:29

Tra La La

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home