Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Procedure for admittance to the pit.
Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: April 21, 2013 20:44

Would those of you that were in the pit for any of the NYC area shows be able to describe the process and approximate timeline for your concert? For example, what time you picked up the tickets at will call, then stood in line for how long? I have been to a Springsteen concert in the pit, and that is based on numbered wristbands, but still required a lot of standing in line. I would be by myself so trying to get a handle on the time commitment before the show. Thanks for your help.

Re: Procedure for admittance to the pit.
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 21, 2013 20:52

It was perfect in London, smooth in Brooklyn and a big mess in Newark. They have different lines for the pit. You enter these lines and you get the PIT wristband. That is how they did it in London. In USA they gave you the wristband just outside the PIT. VIP's queued up and some did not get in until show start. Many different queues for different VIP types odf tickets. Don't trust any info. Ask 100 times and find out what is really correct. In Newark I queued many queues and was shuffeled around like kettle until I finally got in. A nightmare really. But when you are inside it is ok...

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 21, 2013 21:31

Yes, in Brooklyn it was OK. You queued at a completely separate entrance as compared to the rest of the arena, and you were directed straight to the pit, where right at the entrance to it you had a wristband slapped on you. The only people that were already IN the pit by the time you got there were VIP people that had obviously bought the package ..... whatever that package consisted of, I never found out and I wasn't particularly interested.

That was the only pit experience I had out of those five 2012 shows, don't know how it worked in the O2 in London and then Newark ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 21, 2013 21:37

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 21, 2013 22:26

paulywaul
Yes, in Brooklyn it was OK. You queued at a completely separate entrance as compared to the rest of the arena, and you were directed straight to the pit, where right at the entrance to it you had a wristband slapped on you. The only people that were already IN the pit by the time you got there were VIP people that had obviously bought the package ..... whatever that package consisted of, I never found out and I wasn't particularly interested.

That was the only pit experience I had out of those five 2012 shows, don't know how it worked in the O2 in London and then Newark ?

How many shows will you attend this time Pauly?

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: April 21, 2013 22:49

the pit ander p00kla

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 21, 2013 22:51

At the O2 shows, there was a seperate line at the entrance for the pit. As you entered the main arena area you got the wristband, then it was a sprint up the escalator, into the arena proper, down a flight of stairs to the floor and across the length of the floor. Beast and I sat at a table having drinks not far from the arena entrance. About 30 minutes before the show the line started to grow and we moved. This worked both times at the O2. We were right on the rail.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 21, 2013 23:02

kahoosier
We were right on the rail.

That's the glamorous Beast for you! Trust a pro :E

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 21, 2013 23:21

At Brooklyn, I went inside way early. Was in the pit at least 2 hours before show time. There were already a few people in there but not enough to keep me from staking out a good spot. About 30 minutes before show time, things really started to fill up. But even when the pit is completely full, it's not really that bad. Plenty of room to move about.

At Newark, due to the previously mentioned cattle herding, I arrived in the pit just a few minutes before the published showtime. Even still, I easily managed to stake out a fine spot just in front of Keith and almost right against the rail.

My lesson was, there is really no need to arrive in the pit early unless you are hell bent on staking out a spot dead center and against the rail.

I hope Philly has a smoother process for getting in than Newark. What a mess that was.

Also of note, Beer was sold in the pit in Brooklyn but not in Newark.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home