Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT..Boston Marathon Explossions
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:31

One of the guys who works for me is from Boston and his girlfriend works a few blocks away from the scene...

"shes home right now, but she says the city is shit nuts right now. theres about 6 total bombs Ive read about 2 at the Marathon, 2 at JFK, one at the Mandarin Hotel and one at Tufts"

Believe what you want Gumboot. If I'm wrong and this ends up being the work of the Christian right, tea partiers, Kim Jong Un or any other non-Muslim group, I will be the first to come on here and edit my posts. Until then, it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and IS a duck.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:33

dcba
Braincapers
Terrorism is all about fear. When the IRA were setting off bombs

100% OT but plz don't associate IRA with terrorism. It was self-defense.

Same with Islam then? Anyway I don't want to take this away from the suffering in Boston so I'll make no further comment.

I wish everybody peace.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:36

Just saw it on the news. This is terrible for the people who got hurt, and of course their friends and families. So sad.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:37

flacnvinyl, it's very easy to spread misinformation in hectic times like this. Believe what you want, but I'll wait until facts tell the story and nothing else.

Date: April 16, 2013 00:38

And please guys and dolls, keep out the politics.

-------------------

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:42

If I had to guess from the spotty reports coming in I'd say the odds are high that this was an Al Queda plot hatched in the Tribal Areas of Pakistan and carried out by foreigners (Saudi's etc.) trained in AQ camps in the Tribal Areas as well. What doesn't make sense is that we've let it be known to the Paks et.al.that any terrorist attack with origins in Pakistan would mean a possible U.S. invasion of the Tribal Areas and/or withering air bombing campaigns of the Tribal Areas. Because of such repurcussions the AQ leadership in Pakistan have, smartly, shied away from direct action on U.S. soil. This could be the start of something very big. All roads to islamic terrorism lead to Pakistan.

Date: April 16, 2013 00:44

mr_dja
At this early stage, maybe we should focus on the victims of the explosions rather than who or what may have caused the explosions.

Prayers for all affected.

I couldn't agree more

-------------------

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:45

terrible..
Dýri Iceland

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 00:50

President Obama will address the nation regarding this incident @ approximately 6:10 pm EST .

It has been reported that injured count is well over 100 now .

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:10

Let's await the facts. enough with speculation- it is unproductive. my hometown..

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:17

What's the point commenting on this? The moderator will have it closed down shortly. It's just a matter of hours.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:24

When l started this thread,l had no intention of that it would turn into a blame this group or nationality,or other group,my intention was to bring the news of this horrible situation to the board,many here are from that area or have friends and or family in Boston,and in a way this may have an impact on the upcoming Stones shows,so please lets just pray(if you believe in prayers)or send good vibes or whatever to the many that are hurt and their families,and leave to the authorities to come up with the culprits of this insane act....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:31

Our thoughts to everyone in Boston from Athens Greece. Stay safe!!

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:42

Braincapers
flacnvinyl
Update: They have a suspect... a 'Saudi national' link

He's probably a tea partier right?

Most of the 9/11 bombers were from Saudi. Perhaps America has invaded the wrong countries?

SaudiArabia is the first US ally... interesting...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:45

I don't often agree with Obama but in this case let's wait and see and get facts before jumping to conclusions about who did this. Today is tax day it's also Patriots day and I beleive its also the anniversary of the Branch Dividians in Waco. This could be some extremely misguided American and it could very well be AQ, Let's patch up the wounded, make sure there are no more bombs and then find out who did it. When Oklahoma City happened I automatically assummed it was a Mid=East country and nothing could have been further from the truth. We need cool heads to prevail.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:46

Thoughts and prayers with the victims and their families....

Hoping the Dr's, Surgeons and Nurses are blessed with their best today.

My mind turns to the hunt, lets get the bastards responsible.

I'm sick of this crap... maybe we need a new line in the sand, segmentation/separation...repatriation?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:56

So very sad and absolutely senseless. I don't understand how people can do something like this to anyone, let alone complete strangers.

Condolences and good thoughts for the victims and their families.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2013 01:59

Very sad. sad smiley

Date: April 16, 2013 02:10

ROPENI
When l started this thread ...... my intention was to bring the news of this horrible situation to the board

And your intention was good. I thank you for that.

-------------------

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: April 16, 2013 02:19

According to Boston police the "Saudi National in custody" story is just that, a story. They have said they know of no such thing. Instead of making obnoxious political statements why don't we focus on the victims, including one of the dead who was 8 years old.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: April 16, 2013 02:40

thoughts to all those caught in this chaos.

boston is a beautiful city and this is a terrible incident..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 16, 2013 02:47

GumbootCloggeroo
flacnvinyl, where is your evidence that a Muslim was responsible for this?
edit: That's right, you don't have any. Keep your personal hatred to yourself.

Yes, I have to agree...any opportunity to throw a political punch as well...'blaming the left' for now wanting to ban all bomb components which hasn't even happen. Always out to create a little more hatred.

Why can't some people can't just shut up.

Plenty of time to assign blame one it's actually established who actually is to blame.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: April 16, 2013 04:43

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Boston you're my home... it's somehow comforting watching Jack Williams live online from NYC right now. Stay strong, my fellow IORR Massholes!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 16, 2013 04:51

JuanTCB
Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Boston you're my home... it's somehow comforting watching Jack Williams live online from NYC right now. Stay strong, my fellow IORR Massholes!

Thanks and cheers Juan!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 16, 2013 05:19

treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

...any opportunity to throw a political punch as well...'blaming the left' for now wanting to ban all bomb components which hasn't even happen.

Yet.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: April 16, 2013 05:35

What's different about this US sporting event is that it is filled with international participants. And also, unlike a ballgame or auto race, everyone knows beforehand what time the winners start to cross the finish line. The toll would have been far worse if it had happened 2-4 hours earlier.

A friend's daughter attending a nearby college saw the cops detonate one of the found devices in a protected barrel/can on her way back to the dorms. Best wishes to all the injured and their families.

Liberty and peace, not fear!

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 16, 2013 05:42

My heart goes out to those affected. They are in my prayers. Holy Spirit!

The politics? Yes we should wait until we have more info but the best bet is obvious. Yet we should still refrain. . .. I did not think those who were pointing to the obvious were saying anything hateful though.

Date: April 16, 2013 05:51

jazzbass
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

...any opportunity to throw a political punch as well...'blaming the left' for now wanting to ban all bomb components which hasn't even happen.

Yet.

But why go there immediately? Let's deal with the shock of the tragedy and let the investigation take it's course.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 16, 2013 06:00

treaclefingers
jazzbass
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

Yet.

But why go there immediately? Let's deal with the shock of the tragedy and let the investigation take it's course.

I hear you. We all have different ways that we process these type of tragedies. Some cry, some get angry.

Date: April 16, 2013 06:02

jazzbass
treaclefingers
jazzbass
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

Yet.

I hear you. We all have different ways that we process these type of tragedies. Some cry, some get angry.

I understand that, and there's lots to get angry over.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home