Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445Next
Current Page: 43 of 45
Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 13, 2013 08:31

TBDSTER posted on the Boston Thread he got put in section 306 last row then said ten minutes later a guy showed up in that section with a load of tickets and upgraded them to Loge 2 good for those guys.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 13, 2013 08:41

We picked up our tickets on the later side, after 7:30 I'd say and got Floor F. The guy opened them up told me what I had and said we were the first pair of Floor he had given out all night.

We didn't end up sitting there however, we walked right into section 14 and stayed there the whole time. Great view!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 13, 2013 08:56

virgil
My $85 experience I had two pairs, One pair was last row in the Balcony opposite end of Stage the other pair was two sections closer to stage second to last row.

OK time for self Upgrade
6 pm just before I left my house, I checked Ticketmaster and pulled up 8 seats together Loge 4 row 6. When I arrived at the Venue I went directly to the box office and aksed if they had anything in lodge 4 most of that row was still unsold. I told the woman I did not like the price and walked away. Went there first thing and sat in those seats all night.

This is brilliant. I guess that the closer to showtime, the better your odds that those seats will be vacant and no one will buy or be upgraded there.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: June 13, 2013 08:57

ended up with Loge 3 row 4 down near the floor, nice seats for $85. Hope I am as lucky Friday.

85$ seat process Boston???
Posted by: fredlynn19 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 14:10

Any tips or suggestions for Friday night? Was at the show last night in balcony and hoping to get closer/lucky on Friday.

Re: 85$ seat process Boston???
Date: June 13, 2013 14:20

Hey Fred

Check out the Thousands of $85 tickets latest news thread.

About half way done page 42 people starting posting thier experiences from last night.

Enjoy Friday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 14:20 by virgil.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 13, 2013 15:47

abcd1234abc
Posting about my experience makes you sick? Maybe you should stop reading and go lay down.

We asked for a refund in Chicago when we showed them the seating chart. They said it wasn't possible. There is no way around it, we got scammed.

Based on this no complaining logic... you buy what you think are front row seats. But they decide to put the stage on the other side of the floor and now you are last row on the floor..... no complaining right?

Well they actually did that, (sort of), with Tier 1 & 2 in Hyde Park and we sure did complain but to no avail. AEG have shown themselves to be both incompetent and ruthless on this tour; I truly wish them all the worst.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 13, 2013 17:58

so as i am tryng to get my stategy down for the DC show, it sounds like you need a) to take whatever crap they give you and go to that seat and hope for an upgrade to come to you? or

b) try the method Virgil posted on the last page?

Posted by: Tbdster ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:07

virgil
TBDSTER posted on the Boston Thread he got put in section 306 last row then said ten minutes later a guy showed up in that section with a load of tickets and upgraded them to Loge 2 good for those guys.

Virgil I have to say your "self upgrade" research method is pure genius.

The guy handing out the ticket upgrades was handing them out to "parties of two" in the last two rows of section 306. They weren't going by looks or age (I'm an ugly 35 year old there with my 60something mother). The two dudes in their early 20's next to us were so psyched too. They also ended up in loge 2, and we were mixed with people who paid the $600 as well as a bunch of other upgrades.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: June 13, 2013 18:33

It seems blatantly obvious to me that this whole pricing scheme was a calculated move by the stones to try and throw a blade into the backs of the scalpers and secondary sellers (one in the same I guess). Sure they sell prob quite a few at $600 price points and $1500 pits but they also collect the money and not the scalpers...which means they are priced accordingly for those who bought them. The $85s are definitely going to the fans and at least last night were placed THROUGHOUT the arena...some in very good locations. A good mix and also a good effort by the band to try and limit scalping. Thanks stones for the $85 loge 10 seats...pits on Friday would cap this trip off nicely!

Date: June 13, 2013 19:11

Tbdster
virgil

The guy handing out the ticket upgrades was handing them out to "parties of two" in the last two rows of section 306. They weren't going by looks or age (I'm an ugly 35 year old there with my 60something mother). The two dudes in their early 20's next to us were so psyched too. They also ended up in loge 2, and we were mixed with people who paid the $600 as well as a bunch of other upgrades.

I talked to some of my other friends who got relocated from 309 which was my section that I never went too. He said the guy handing out tickets was looking for people with the wristbands. So dont tear it off after you first get your tickets.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: June 13, 2013 20:26

Another self upgrade method that has worked for me at 3 shows Vegas, Chicago and Toronto is to scan the arena at 8:45 which is 10 minutes before the video and The Stones hit the stage. There will be a couple empty rows (not many) in the lower level. If they are empty then nobody bought them so get moving and go grab yourself an upgrade! It's worked perfectly for me. Last night upgrade not needed lucked out with tongue pit.

Date: June 13, 2013 20:32

fleabitmonkey
Another self upgrade method that has worked for me at 3 shows Vegas, Chicago and Toronto is to scan the arena at 8:45 which is 10 minutes before the video and The Stones hit the stage. There will be a couple empty rows (not many) in the lower level. If they are empty then nobody bought them so get moving and go grab yourself an upgrade! It's worked perfectly for me. Last night upgrade not needed lucked out with tongue pit.

That doesn't work if you can't get into the section because the attendants are checking tickets. Always worth a try though, worked for me in the past on many occasions, several times not though.

Date: June 13, 2013 21:10

CindyC
fleabitmonkey

That doesn't work if you can't get into the section because the attendants are checking tickets. Always worth a try though, worked for me in the past on many occasions, several times not though.
then if they are checking the tickets
I tell them my wife who is already in seats has my ticket worked perfectly in Chicago

Date: June 13, 2013 21:17

fleabitmonkey
I tell them my wife who is already in seats has my ticket worked perfectly in Chicago[/quote]

but... that would be dishonest! winking smiley

Date: June 13, 2013 21:27

CindyC
fleabitmonkey
I tell them my wife who is already in seats has my ticket worked perfectly in Chicago

but... that would be dishonest! winking smiley[/quote]
I know that was my first white lie ever and I have felt awful ever sincesmoking smiley

Date: June 13, 2013 21:44

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Boston $85 available!!

Use the link. it's still showing as sold out on RS.com

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 21:47 by CindyC.

Posted by: noches ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:22

I just want to share my observations and awesome experience with the $85 tickets in Montreal a few nights back.

I got these tickets in the first few seconds of the initial on-sale back in April. After checking out this thread, I decided the best bet was to arrive later. We got to the ticket tables at 8:00PM with my girlfriend and there were still a few people claiming tickets but nowhere near what the lineup would have been around 6 or 7PM. Stepping up to the line of the letter of my last name, I gave my name and saw that the pages with names that were being crossed off by the attendant had already been mostly claimed. The guy sitting next to her then started off with "well, you guys have some very lucky seats tonight" and I knew exactly what was coming. Tongue Pit! He asked us to follow him to the end of the row and slapped on both wristbands and then told us to enjoy the show. From what I saw, there was no special mark next to my name and I'm more than 95% sure that it was completely up to the discretion of the people handing out the tickets who to give Pit tickets to. He still had a little stack of envelopes when he took ours from so, IMO, each letter's attendants were given a stack of Pit tickets to be distributed however they saw fit. The later you arrived, if they still had some remaining, the more likely they give you pit.

The concert was amazing. We are big fans so a chance to see the Stones from 10 feet away was incredible. Not to mention the fact that I caught a guitar pick from both Ronnie AND Keith, my girl got a stage setlist, and Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and James McAvoy (basically the cast of X-Men First Class) were dancing and rocking out directly behind us.

My tips for the pit: be excited, look good, arrive later. Good luck to the people with $85 tickets for the remainder of the tour!

Posted by: austx117 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:23

Howdy!
First time poster, occasional lurker...I'm coming up from Austin to see the shoe in Boston on Friday and have an extra $85 ticket if anyone is looking for just one. If my seats are fubar I was def planning on doing what Virgil did. Hoping they're not too bad though! Looking forward to seeing the Stones for the first time!

Posted by: austx117 ()
Date: June 13, 2013 22:25

DEFINITELY going to try that noches!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-13 22:26 by austx117.

Posted by: abcd1234abc ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:47

DC $85 link:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 13, 2013 23:56

I don't have the $85 tickets, but I agree that later seems to be better. Your odds would go up as people who were slated for good seats don't show up. The only downside is if you got the crap seats but arrived too late for the upgrade.

As far as blocks of empty seats - you see these at every show. Quite often they are corporate blocks that aren't used, Or they might have been blocked off as possible obstructed view. I ended up in the best possible 1st tier seats for the pay per view show, and they showed up on the day of the show. I paid for my tickets, but there were a number of seats around us that were empty, and some people "self upgraded" as the show went on. It was clear that the section had been blocked out because of a camera guy that was near us.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:33

$85's for Boston 2 are back up - [www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:35

I need some advice. Thanks to one of the links provided here, my aunt and my mother managed to score a pair of $85s for Friday's Boston show. Mind you, they're 65 and 68, respectively. Plus, my mom has a cane due to a bum knee.

So I guess what I'm wondering... are the $85 tix totally arbitrary? They probably can't handle the pit (though I suppose if Keith can stay upright for that length of time, they can too) and being stuck waaaaaay up in the rafters (like, in the top rows of the highest section) might be an issue as well. Any chance the guy doling out the tickets would give the old ladies something more, shall we say, age appropriate?

Meanwhile, I'm flying 500 miles to Cleveland tomorrow to see the 50th exhibit at the HOF and they're driving 20 miles to see the actual band. I AM SHAMED!

Any advice would be much appreciated - thanks!

Date: June 14, 2013 01:46

$85's are random. But Guest Services are generally very accommodating and would expect they'd be able to assist your mom and aunt should they need it.

Posted by: fv ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:55

Can you order two sets of two under the same name? I have a pair but would like to get two more for a friend and they are up for tomorrow right now!

Date: June 14, 2013 02:02

Yes. Or no. Or maybe. Might want to avoid any potential hassles and give your friend a heads up.

Posted by: fv ()
Date: June 14, 2013 02:06

Been trying can't reach him. Thanks for the quick response. Guess I'll give it a shot.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 14, 2013 03:11

Once again the 85's are up and I can't get any!!! What is the deal with this?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 14, 2013 03:31

I finally got a pair of 85's for tomorrow night!!! Was already going I'll see if I get in the pit or closer than what I already have!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445Next
Current Page: 43 of 45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home