Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : Ski jumping
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2005 17:25

Any fans here????smiling smiley

Re: OT : Ski jumping
Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: February 12, 2005 19:03

I'd be a very avid fan if pope John Paul II would start a career as a ski jumper, 'cause that would be a great way to get rid of that hypocritical and zealous bugger. I can't apprehend the fact that millions of people who's got a free will actually support such an arse.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 12, 2005 19:06

I think ski jumping is incredibly boring! But I know you have a good jumper in Poland, Adam Malyz (don't know how to spell his name).
We had some good ski jumpers in Austria, but they are all too old now or whatever.
The whole sport is a bit of a joke, these guys are no athletics they are skeletons!

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: February 15, 2005 11:13

the great (ex-?) poster Eddie the Eagle should be a fan I think..

But what goes for true ski jumping legends, long live the one and only Matti Nykänen, the Keith Richards of ski jumping.. the best and the most wasted... He once said that when he will be jump in the olympic games he would like to hear "Jumping Jack Flash" as a soundtrack. Matti won some 4-5 olympic gold medals (Sarajevo 1984 and Calgary 1988), sold them later, tried a career as a singer (gold again!), and as a stripper, and as a pizza cook, and god knows what... all this while getting married and divorcing (some four times I assume)- and drinking a hell lot of amount of alcohol.. Poor Matti is in jail nowadays... They are making a movie of his career and life at the moment. It should be a series.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-15 11:15 by Rorty.

Date: February 15, 2005 11:20

The norwegian team finished their qualifying for the world championship yesterday. The team is:

Ljokelsoy
Romoren
Forfang
Bystol
Pettersen (back in top form - won the norwegian championship yesterday!)

Tommy Ingebrigtsen (former world champion) failed to qualify...

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: February 15, 2005 11:31

Lorenz, if they're skeletons Ron Wood could make a try as ski-jumper.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 15, 2005 13:53

Sjouke, both Mick J. and Ronnie would be good ski jumpers I guess ;-)
But they would look strange among all these strange ski jumpers who are all very boring and strange looking but trying hard to be cool...

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 15, 2005 14:01

The guy actually looks like Ronnie! Imagine guitar in lieu of ski, obligatory cigarette..

I wonder: would Ronnie be clowning in full flight?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: February 15, 2005 15:46

But the great sport of ski jumping has already had its clown/Ronnie... Eddie "Eagle" Edwards.

(Jeez, for a second I thought that Ronnie seems to be in a good and healthy shape nowadays.. a great picture, KeithRichards!)

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home