Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 76
Re: Hyde Park London July 2013 Rolling Stones show planning & tickets
Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:53

Aquamarine
my plan wasn't anything more elaborate than lurking outside until a Tier 3 person comes along who wants to swap! To tell the truth, I'm leery about doing anything else during the day as there's no way I'm going to be able to see anything unless I stake out a spot and stick to it, and I can probably get a better one in Tier 3. I dunno . . . I'm getting sick of the whole thing!

No need to swap tickets, we can go anywhere in the GA area with Tier 2 tickets. There are other bands playing after all on other stages - we have paid to see them if we wish! We are not confined to Tier 2 area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-02 22:55 by nobodyimportant.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:59

I guess I actually have no clue about how this whole thing will work. Thanks for the info.

Oh well, sod the tickets, my vodka just arrived. grinning smiley Just in the nick of time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 00:13 by Aquamarine.

Date: July 3, 2013 00:13

I feel the same way as you, I paid extra to have a decent view with the freedom to come and go, since I'll be on my own with no one to guard my place. I'll be so disappointed if we've been cheated. I don't want to have to spend hours guarding a spot.

Date: July 3, 2013 00:17

Are you in Tier 1? Meet up with me, and we'll guard each other's spot.

(4ft.11 woman, long streaky blonde hair, looks old enough to know better. winking smiley )

It's still maddening, though--that is indeed what we thought we were paying for. Goodness knows what the 100 pounds for the bar is for.

Posted by: TheKamanick ()
Date: July 3, 2013 00:45

Seems we'll be getting a by request vote tomorrow:

[twitter.com]

Date: July 3, 2013 01:36

Aquamarine
Are you in Tier 1? Meet up with me, and we'll guard each other's spot.

(4ft.11 woman, long streaky blonde hair, looks old enough to know better. winking smiley )

It's still maddening, though--that is indeed what we thought we were paying for. Goodness knows what the 100 pounds for the bar is for.

Ah, shame, I've got Tier 2. Would have been nice!

Date: July 3, 2013 02:00

Oh well, back to Plan A!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2013 04:25

moralinsanity
Hi all,

I will be uploading images tomorrow with views directly from Tier 1 and Tier 2 from the site as is now.

This should clear it up for us all exactly what we are getting for our money. I have to admit though that the pictures I have already don't fill me with confidence that our Tier 2 tickets will even guarantee a nice patch of grass with a view at all as their appears to be a pavilion partially blocking the view to the stage.

Will put the images up tomorrow.

Thank you in advance! If views from tier 2 and/or 1 are partially blocked, it will make an even greater mockery of the description of the "directly in front of the stage" view promised at the time of sale. People are not going to be best pleased...

Posted by: rika ()
Date: July 3, 2013 04:32

Hi, got email from Front Gate earlier this morning. (it's Wednesday Morning 10:30am here) for whom didn't get their tickets delivered and have to pickup from box office, INTERNATIONAL customers.

*********:

Dear Rolling Stones customer,

Per our previous email, your tickets will be awaiting collection at The Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park Festival.

For your added convenience, we will open dedicated windows marked "International Rolling Stones Collections". These Windows will be open from Wednesday through Friday this week and you can also collect on the day of show.

Hyde Park Map-Shows_2013v4-1_sm

Here are the details to assist in getting you your tickets:

FOR PICK-UPS BETWEEN WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY, JULY 3 THROUGH JULY 5

Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime Wednesday, 3 July or Thursday 4 between 10 am - 6pm or Friday, 5 July between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.
We will have dedicated windows labeled "Rolling Stones International Collections" for you to pick up your tickets from on each of these days.

FOR PICK-UPS ON SATURDAY, JULY 6

Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS: Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.
FOR TIER 1 AND TIER 2 TICKETS: Go to the box office located at the South Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy the show!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 08448 240 300.

my situation; ordered from tokyo japan.
didn't get tix for 6th T3 delivered, got emails from frontgate to pickup from boxoffice.
13th T2 tix arrived safe last weekend. status on BST account said it was shipped on 24th, arrived on 29th in tokyo.

FrontGate people said the shipping date on your account supposed to be shipping date but sometimes it's just 'your tix are printed and ready for dispatch' status. so don't believe the date.

Date: July 3, 2013 04:50

Thanks for that (I didn't get that email), very helpful!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:38

Rika, thank you for posting that - I hope you don't mind my reposting it in the Ticket Chaos thread as well: [www.iorr.org]
That's different information than what AntoineParis received - the email he got said he needs to be there by 13:00 on Friday
It makes a big difference to a lot of people!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 10:42 by with sssoul.

Posted by: frysberg ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:59

Who is it going with the pics from area, and tier 2/1?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 11:04 by frysberg.

Posted by: frysberg ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:03

MRambler
frysberg
Hi!

I'm planning to use my tier 2 ticket to get closer to the scen in the tier 3 area because i'm not trusting BST that i will be close enough from the tier 2.
Anyone else thinking about that?

And one more question, i'm just a twenty-year-old kid who don't know much about getting in the front row. How much people do u guys think will be there 12pm, if many, who early will people start queuing?

I have also tier 2 ticket and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
There will be access from Tier 2 to GA (at least they have said so).
So I think I might go at noon to Tier 2 gate to check out how is the arrangement with the Tier 1 and 2 and if I want to go to GA if I can get very close to stage. This is also much depending on weather.
Tier 1 and 2 gate is closer to stage than GA gate so we should have good chance to get closer than GA when they open the gates?

I'm going alone to concert and I'm not keen to go to GA alone waiting the whole day but if there are others to do the same thing would be definately option to consider.

I'll be there from early morning to check the area out and absolutely there by 12pm and when you are in there will be people to hang around with. It would be great to have some more people from tier 2 who want to run for the front row.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:13

rika

13th T2 tix arrived safe last weekend. status on BST account said it was shipped on 24th, arrived on 29th in tokyo.

WTF, it takes them 5 days to get to Tokyo, but they don'tmake it to Southgermany in ten days...

Posted by: Fred Rambler ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:27

[view.exacttarget.com]

Your tickets are ready for collection at The Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park Festival.

For your added convenience, you can collect your tickets Wednesday through Friday this week at our Box Office in addition to the day of show.

As this is a sold out event, we strongly encourage you collect your tickets in advance of Saturday. If you must collect on Saturday, we STRONGLY recommend you come early in order to avoid significant wait times.

Here are the details to assist in getting you your tickets:

FOR PICK-UPS BETWEEN WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY, JULY 3 THROUGH JULY 5
Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map during the following hours

Wednesday, 3 July between 10.00 - 18.00
Thursday 4 between 10.00 - 18.00
Friday, 5 July between 9:30 am - 13.00.

On Friday we will have dedicated collection windows for Rolling Stones Customers.
FOR PICK-UPS ON SATURDAY, JULY 6
FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS: Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 - 21.00.
FOR TIER 1 AND TIER 2 TICKETS: Go to the box office located at the South Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 - 21.00.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy the show!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 08448 240 300.

Date: July 3, 2013 11:46

Thanks for that link, Fred Rambler.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:56

Fred Rambler
[view.exacttarget.com]

This map is a bit different than map posted on page 56.
There are several entrance points on GA area (sides) and no mention Gate 8 South entrance?
There is also a line with darker green area close to main stage. I wonder if that meens something..

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 12:11

MRambler
Fred Rambler
[view.exacttarget.com]

This map is a bit different than map posted on page 56.
There are several entrance points on GA area (sides) and no mention Gate 8 South entrance?
There is also a line with darker green area close to main stage. I wonder if that meens something..

This map is for non-show-days as stated in the right upper corner underneath the BST-logo!

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: July 3, 2013 12:47

yesterday I got 2 mails:

First from Barclays:

"You have understood correct, you will need to collect your entry wristband from our box office.

Collection is available from Thursday 10 am to 6pm.

It is the south entrance you will need to go to collect, just off Hyde park corner.

Your shipping cost will be refunded between 5 and 7 days."

Second one from frontgate:

JUL 02, 2013 | 08:46PM UTC
Carly replied:

Yes, that is correct. Your order is not being sent, but will be at International Care of Box Office (COBO). This means you will pick up your ticket(s) upon arrival to the event. You will need to bring a government-issued photo ID and the order receipt with you.

Please stay tuned to [www.bst-hydepark.com] as box office hours and location will be announced shortly, including specifics on entry for Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar ticket holders.

We have processed a shipping refund for you for the amount of £30. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to reflect on your bank statement.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

on bst, no specifics about BUBB ticket holders
so North or South entrance for Barclays payband ??

Date: July 3, 2013 12:47

Okay, the picture is so small I didn't see it. Thanks!

Date: July 3, 2013 13:40

frysberg
MRambler
frysberg
Hi!

I'm planning to use my tier 2 ticket to get closer to the scen in the tier 3 area because i'm not trusting BST that i will be close enough from the tier 2.

And one more question, i'm just a twenty-year-old kid who don't know much about getting in the front row. How much people do u guys think will be there 12pm, if many, who early will people start queuing?

So I think I might go at noon to Tier 2 gate to check out how is the arrangement with the Tier 1 and 2 and if I want to go to GA if I can get very close to stage. This is also much depending on weather.
Tier 1 and 2 gate is closer to stage than GA gate so we should have good chance to get closer than GA when they open the gates?

I'm going alone to concert and I'm not keen to go to GA alone waiting the whole day but if there are others to do the same thing would be definately option to consider.

I'll be there from early morning to check the area out and absolutely there by 12pm and when you are in there will be people to hang around with. It would be great to have some more people from tier 2 who want to run for the front row.
Yeah, I guess it would be worth it to check this option to get close to stage.
Anyone else here with the same plans?

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: July 3, 2013 13:54

MRambler
frysberg
MRambler
frysberg
Hi!

Yeah, I guess it would be worth it to check this option to get close to stage.
Anyone else here with the same plans?

Jepp, me and the wife have the same plan. We will be at the gates a little before 12 o`clock and walk through tier 2 and in to the GA area. Get as close to the stage as possible. Hoping to have some trustable people around us so that we can leave our place to have a walk around and come back to the same place...

Posted by: moralinsanity ()
Date: July 3, 2013 13:55

Here are the images I have so far guys.

Apologies in advance for the poor quality.

Clock Wise Down:

Apparent view from Tier 2 (which seems to be completely wrong side so may only be for the earlier gigs).

Directly behind the 1st image.

View from the stage (ground level obviously)

Nice stage picture as is.

Bottom picture is the apparent view from Tier 1 (which was taken earlier yesterday).

Obviously, this is all subject to change and could be completely wrong as my friend said everyone was a bit vague (whether that means nobody onsite actually know what particular areas relate to which ticket tiers is another thing).

Date: July 3, 2013 14:04

Interesting - thanks, moralinsanity.
Are you sure photos 1&2 aren't the wheelchair viewing platform
or part of the "Kings View" setup for the fancyass "hospitality packages"?
That appears to be more or less where those areas appear on the maps that have been sent out.

Posted by: moralinsanity ()
Date: July 3, 2013 14:10

with sssoul
Interesting - thanks, moralinsanity.
Are you sure photos 1&2 aren't the wheelchair viewing platform
or part of the "Kings View" setup for the fancyass "hospitality packages"?
That appears to be more or less where those areas appear on the maps that have been sent out.

Couldn't tell you buddy as the people asked didn't really know. This is the first concert / gig I've ever been too so I'm not at all familiar with whether things might shift a little from Friday to Saturday or?

Although looking at it, we could assume safely that the Tier 1 and 2 will be to the right of the big speaker type thing in image 3?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2013 14:36

Thanks for the pics although it's a bit difficult to make out what they show. In any case I doubt T1 and T2 would be set up before Friday night since they're not there for Bon Jovi

Date: July 3, 2013 14:46

Having studied the photos a little more, I'm now 98% sure Photo 2 is the wheelchair platform plus disabled-standing area.
Thanks again, moralinsanity

PS Just for the record, I'm a she-sssoul :E

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 15:49

Stoneswolf
rika

WTF, it takes them 5 days to get to Tokyo, but they don'tmake it to Southgermany in ten days...

Or to Norway, for that matter! It is Europe, after all....it is so strange, I am wondering why there is a difference.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 15:51

Fred Rambler

As this is a sold out event, we strongly encourage you collect your tickets in advance of Saturday. If you must collect on Saturday, we STRONGLY recommend you come early in order to avoid significant wait times.

--

Well d´oh! Many of us come from abroad and I have to work a few hours first...so, I will most likely not be there in time for closing at 9 pm Friday. So yes, it will be Saturday. From the morning, be sure of that!

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: July 3, 2013 16:22

Got one ticket left for the 13th, tire 3, 134€ (normal price incl shipping)
Able to hand it out personaly in vienna until friday the 5th, or in london on the 6th or 13th...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 76

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home