Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Fans Going to Multiple Shows (I'll do it Differently)
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 19, 2013 23:54

Stones fans who spend heaps going to multiple concerts in their own country while a world tour is on..wouldn't it make a nice change to adventure out a bit and see a Stones concert in a country ya always wanted to visit.I know of a few fans that do travel the world to see concerts (just thought there would be alot more) but anyway I always think ya can afford to spend heaps on concerts whats in going to another country and staying on for a while I know I would if I was in that position.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: Stones Fans Going to Multiple Shows (I'll do it Differently)
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 20, 2013 00:16

I went to Paris from the UK, and it got cancelled.thumbs down

But still had a great time in paris thou.thumbs up

One of my ambitions to see the stones in a different country, not much time left.

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: March 20, 2013 03:36

i've seen shows in 12 different countries.(approx) i'd have to take a minute to count!

Posted by: SaigonVoodoo ()
Date: March 20, 2013 07:24

I've seen the lads in; US, Argentina, Brazil, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore and a few others tossed in there. St. Petersburg, Russia was probably the most visually stimulating as it was by the Hermitage on a warm Russian White Night. Japa is always great as is Latin America.

This time around, I'll take 'em where I can. Maybe the last time.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 20, 2013 09:39

My list is US, UK, Italy, Germany, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Romania, Montenegro, Serbia, Hungary, Denmark, Switzerland (and had tix for cancelled shows in Austria, Poland, Czech Repub, and Greece....visited those places anyway).

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 20, 2013 09:48

SaigonVoodoo
I've seen the lads in; US, Argentina, Brazil, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore and a few others tossed in there.

Thailand?

Posted by: SaigonVoodoo ()
Date: March 20, 2013 10:33

Sorry, Thailand was cancelled. Still got the damned tix. Forgot why but was highly disappointed.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 20, 2013 10:51

I've always combined a Rolling Stones gig abroad with a holiday.May only be a few days or even 2 weeks .
Memorable times are Budapest and Brno and travelling to Prague and catching John Mayalls Bluesbreakers there.
Another one was Las Vegas and LA and seeing Rightous Brothers,Savoy Brown,Coco Montoya and a few more good shows. winking smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 20, 2013 11:13

I traveled to london, berlin,basel, paris ,lyon and marseille. i had to go to barcelona and madrid too, but these 2 shows were canceled..
except for lyon (that i knew quite well already) i always tried to stay longer for tourism

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 20, 2013 15:19

Nothing more exciting than Stones Travelling. For a brief moment it seems The Stones take over the city in some places. I have a lot of great memories from all over Europe. Looking forward to making more memories this year.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 20, 2013 15:28

From all travel experiences forthe Stones I found Stockholm 2003 quite outstanding. Compare to any other cities visited for and beyond the Rolling Stones, Stockholm was in full Swing for one week as so many people travelled from all around the world and especially Scandinavia. Although Stockholm is a small capital compare to London or Paris it cannot stand for hundreds of performances each night, it was a very focused Rolling Stones city for that week. The layouts in the windows from the hairdresser to the clothes-shop took the Stones as a main issue. And it brought Stockholm a tremendous more tourist income without having to spend any publicity.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 20, 2013 15:46

Yep it's a nice experience. I've done NYC Rome Paris and in the UK, Cardiff and Sheffield. New York was the best - 5 days and 2 concerts.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: March 20, 2013 16:50

odean73

One of my ambitions to see the stones in a different country, not much time left.

Yea same here odean73, but I also went back for new date, great gigdrinking smiley

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: March 20, 2013 16:53

bestfour
odean73

Yea same here odean73, but I also went back for new date, great gigdrinking smiley
Oh yes how could I forget also went to NY, two concerts in Mad Sq Garden BRILLdrinking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home