Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bowie and the Stones 2013--Tour together???
Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: March 17, 2013 19:30

why don't Bowie and the Stones do a 2013 tour together!
that would be hot as hell
I wish I wish I wish
could it happen???smiling bouncing smileycool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-17 21:14 by bv.

Re: Bowie and the Stones 2013--Tour together???smileys with beer
Posted by: olorin ()
Date: March 17, 2013 19:43

Would never happen, as Keith doesn't like Bowie.
Plus I'd rather twice for two full Stones and Bowie gigs (if Bowie ever tours), rather than once for half a Stones gig and half a Bowie gig.

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: March 17, 2013 19:51

That would sure be one HOT ticket !!! And expensive too !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 17, 2013 20:01

With a total age of... God! eye popping smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 17, 2013 20:02

Jagger would sleep with Bowie.

A drag for Lwren, hahahaha

jeroen

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 17, 2013 21:11

No, no, no! A Bowie tour should be a standalone event. On a double bill with the Stones, the Stones would always headline and, he'd be a warmup act, albeit one with a longer time slot.

There's no financial incentive to tour together. Each would make a killing separately.

And Bowie just deserves better. He's not Spinal Tap, warming up for the puppet show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-17 21:13 by ab.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 17, 2013 21:50

He's not Spinal Tap, warming up for the puppet show.hot smileydrinking smiley

Good One Ab !!!!

Jeroen

Re: Bowie and the Stones 2013--Tour together???
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 18, 2013 09:01

bowie won´t ever tour again....

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 18, 2013 10:35

Too much different shows,
simply impossible.
Sici

Date: March 18, 2013 10:44

olorin
Would never happen, as Keith doesn't like Bowie.
Plus I'd rather twice for two full Stones and Bowie gigs (if Bowie ever tours), rather than once for half a Stones gig and half a Bowie gig.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 18, 2013 11:40

I actually think there's some vitality left in Bowie. He's still a creative artist and it looks as he can't be anything else. Whether he's active or not. The Stones in 2013 is basically a nostalgia act; and has been for decades.
So it would be a mismatch from almost every point of view. He could do a guestspot though. But Sir Michael seems to prefer younger acts as guestartists.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 18, 2013 14:05

On Bowie's last tour he was anything but a nostalgia act, playing some daring stuff that few in the audience probably knew (hell, I didn't know some of it!). He also had little trouble selling tix - I went to two sold-out shows.

I cannot see why he'd want to share the wealth of his own draw with the Stones or vice versa.

A good Bowie ticket will be $125 in an arena. The Stones will try to get $350 or more in a stadium. Bowie will sell out. Unless the Stones are doing something much more than a warhorse show, I'll save my Money and see Bowie twice.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 18, 2013 14:08

Stoneage
I actually think there's some vitality left in Bowie. He's still a creative artist and it looks as he can't be anything else. Whether he's active or not. The Stones in 2013 is basically a nostalgia act; and has been for decades.
So it would be a mismatch from almost every point of view. He could do a guestspot though. But Sir Michael seems to prefer younger acts as guestartists.

Apart from Clapton and Beck.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 18, 2013 15:45

I thought Bowie had health issues?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 19, 2013 11:05

"had" is the operative word. Bowie and The Stones will never tour together. Keith is full of macho bravado, so his acidic comments regarding Bowie should be taken with a grain of salt. It is funny how Keith often comes across as very insecure and jealous of other artists of good music. But also I suspect a bit of territorial jealousy that could very well stem back to Jagger's affair with Bowie and Bowie actually putting his toe into the Stones with Its Only Rock and Roll. Who knows what the scene was like back then. A narcotic Keith, cooped up with his cronies, and Jagger and Bowie experimenting with each other.
Bowie and The Stones deserve their own tours. Too much information for one show. They need and deserve separate nights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-19 11:07 by whitem8.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 19, 2013 12:29

Why should they? Both acts will sell tickets enough on their own. Why split the profit in two parts?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 22, 2013 19:20

benroyblenkle
why don't Bowie and the Stones do a 2013 tour together!
that would be hot as hell
I wish I wish I wish
could it happen???smiling bouncing smileycool smiley

Keith could take a break during the show when Mick & Bowie bring back Dancing in the Street. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 22, 2013 20:15

whitem8
"had" is the operative word. Bowie and The Stones will never tour together. Keith is full of macho bravado, so his acidic comments regarding Bowie should be taken with a grain of salt. It is funny how Keith often comes across as very insecure and jealous of other artists of good music. But also I suspect a bit of territorial jealousy that could very well stem back to Jagger's affair with Bowie and Bowie actually putting his toe into the Stones with Its Only Rock and Roll. Who knows what the scene was like back then. A narcotic Keith, cooped up with his cronies, and Jagger and Bowie experimenting with each other.
Bowie and The Stones deserve their own tours. Too much information for one show. They need and deserve separate nights.

you make it sound like keith was shooting up in the living room while Mick and David were going at it in the bedroom.

keith has said shit about a lot of people; you really think he was jealous of Bowie because he wanted a taste of mick? Really?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 22, 2013 20:20

Bowie has too much artistic credibility and sensibility to even think about that.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 22, 2013 21:10

Like 60's groups who travel as a "Hippiefest" tour package, Bowie and the Stones could do a "73 is Back!!--The 40th Anniversary of Glam!" series of shows.

Bowie could warm up by performing the entire Alladin Sane album.

Then the Stones could do the same with Goats Head Soup.

It's a really....terrible idea.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 22, 2013 21:40

Yes...a terrible idea.
And one that will never happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home