Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Copyrights - IORR policy
Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: March 15, 2013 22:28

>>walk into this pad, and he would be standing at the top of the stairs, completely nude except for his underpants, which would be filthy, on top of his head, and he’d be spitting at you. It wasn’t a thing to get mad about, you’d just collapse laughing. Covered in spit, you’d collapse laughing.
Please tell me am I wrong when citate this part.
Or could writer of this book will come on this site and complain about copyrights?
Could this extract be usefull for Stones fans if any of them don't know nothing about this book?<<

By just looking at the text, I can see it's not 1000 words.

Whether it's useful for Stones fans or not, is neither here or there,

The author might/could complain about you not crediting him - which advertises his work. Most have better things to do and won't bother - unless it's blatant or constant plagiarism.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 15, 2013 22:58

I must admit I knew about James' book by this website and got it via James' website info.
The author should get the revenue that's due to him.I can see how others are trying to get a name for themselves or some other obscure reasons for copying from the book,for all and everyone to see on the net.They seem to think it is fair game. It isn't.
Maybe in several differant posts/episodes to get past the 1000 words rule.
Some don't even take notice of that.
Extracts are fine, but not outright plagarism and for whatever reason ,taking the piss out of the original author. confused smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2013 23:55

In response to the justification for plagiarism....is it ok to just say, "come up with something original to say on your own, you lazy bastard"?

Not wanting to offend of course.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 16, 2013 00:01

you people act like plagiarism and stealing are some kinda crime or something. c'mon.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 16, 2013 00:17

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: March 16, 2013 00:28

Someone is having a 19th nervous breakdownsmoking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 16, 2013 00:30

I might not like what you say but I defend your right to say any bullship you like.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 16, 2013 00:41

JamesPhelge00
>>walk into this pad, and he would be standing at the top of the stairs, completely nude except for his underpants, which would be filthy, on top of his head, and he’d be spitting at you. It wasn’t a thing to get mad about, you’d just collapse laughing. Covered in spit, you’d collapse laughing.
Please tell me am I wrong when citate this part.
Or could writer of this book will come on this site and complain about copyrights?
Could this extract be usefull for Stones fans if any of them don't know nothing about this book?<<

By just looking at the text, I can see it's not 1000 words.

Whether it's useful for Stones fans or not, is neither here or there,

The author might/could complain about you not crediting him - which advertises his work. Most have better things to do and won't bother - unless it's blatant or constant plagiarism.

Then there are cases where it's the publisher that is the reason authors don't get paid.

Phelge, didn't you mention in another thread a while back that the reason you don't advertise the paperback version of Phelge's Stones, titled Nankering with the Rolling Stones, on your website is because you never received any royalties from the paperback version?

I bought the paperback Nankering with.... back in 2002, and was later glad to hear that the book was eventually accepted and included as official Stones merchandise, because there was a photo of you in the book standing in front of the Chelsea pie stall where you and Keith used go on your post-midnight sojourns for meat pies and tea [it took you 2 cigarettes to walk there from Edith Grove], with a caption underneath where you mention that you still go to the Chelsea pie stall because it is the only place in London where you can afford to eat.

Is this still the case, that you can still only afford the Chelsea pie stall? And is your lack of royalties from the paperback edition one of the reasons for this? Could you elaborate on why you were not paid the royalties that were owed to you as a result of the publishing deal for the paperback edition?

Also, I read somewhere, I think actually from an online interview that you gave some years back, that you had a second Stones book in the works. Will there be a Phelge's Stones/Nankering with... part 2?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 16, 2013 00:43

Can we post pictures that show the lines around Mick's eyes?

Date: March 16, 2013 00:46

ryanpow

Just so long as you don't show the famous tongue and lips, which, as you know, are heavily trademarked.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 16, 2013 00:47

ryanpow

Blasphemy!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 16, 2013 00:49

I think we need an attorney to settle this.

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: March 16, 2013 01:14

I'm a tad bemused that this site would take the high moral ground on copyright issues! If you're after stones bootlegs where do you go? I saw a Mick Taylor tab book being flogged here a while back. Did Mick get his dues? Copyright doesn't just apply to books as far as I know-articles from mags, newspapers, photos, etc etc. think about that while asking yourself who is your favourite poster

Date: March 16, 2013 01:41

I don't know why some of you are taking such a childish attitude towards bv and his copyright concerns. Geez, grow up. Obviously some copyright holders have taken issue with some of the postings here and may have contacted him about it. As the person responsible for this board he is the one lawyers would come after first regarding anything they deem an infringement as he runs this board.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 19, 2013 10:00

crawdaddy
I must admit I knew about James' book by this website and got it via James' website info.
The author should get the revenue that's due to him.I can see how others are trying to get a name for themselves or some other obscure reasons for copying from the book,for all and everyone to see on the net.They seem to think it is fair game. It isn't.
Maybe in several differant posts/episodes to get past the 1000 words rule.
Some don't even take notice of that.
Extracts are fine, but not outright plagarism and for whatever reason ,taking the piss out of the original author. confused smiley

...get the revenue that's due to him...(or her!)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 19, 2013 10:22

GravityBoy
ryanpow

Blasphemy!

No, the lines around his eyes are protected by a copyright law...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: March 20, 2013 01:33

HMN

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: March 23, 2013 14:30

stonehearted

Then there are cases where it's the publisher that is the reason authors don't get paid.

Phelge, didn't you mention in another thread a while back that the reason you don't advertise the paperback version of Phelge's Stones, titled Nankering with the Rolling Stones, on your website is because you never received any royalties from the paperback version?

I bought the paperback Nankering with.... back in 2002, and was later glad to hear that the book was eventually accepted and included as official Stones merchandise, because there was a photo of you in the book standing in front of the Chelsea pie stall where you and Keith used go on your post-midnight sojourns for meat pies and tea [it took you 2 cigarettes to walk there from Edith Grove], with a caption underneath where you mention that you still go to the Chelsea pie stall because it is the only place in London where you can afford to eat.

Is this still the case, that you can still only afford the Chelsea pie stall? And is your lack of royalties from the paperback edition one of the reasons for this? Could you elaborate on why you were not paid the royalties that were owed to you as a result of the publishing deal for the paperback edition?

Also, I read somewhere, I think actually from an online interview that you gave some years back, that you had a second Stones book in the works. Will there be a Phelge's Stones/Nankering with... part 2?

Some publishers do no like paying royalties for fotos.

Apart from the initial contract I never received a penny in yearly royalties from the publisher. I also speak with the author of an excellant Bob Dylan book. He is with the same publisher and has also not had any royalties. So - someone would have you believe Dylan and Stones books don't sell. So, those books won't get promoted by the authors if there not getting paid. 'Nankering' publishing deal has now ended and the book is out of print - so currently only the original Phelge's Stones is available.

The reason Phelge's Stones has not been available for about 10 years is - because I couldn't be bothered. Books shops are slow to pay and need chasing for the money - even had one BIG shop tell me all the copies had been stolen so they weren't paying. It was too much hassle running accounts and chasing people. Then in 2005 my youngest son died and I became reclusive and stopped communicating - no phone calls, email or letters goty answered et... It was only in 2012 that I decided to sort myself out and sell off the remaining books - on my own.

Yes - I did start a second book - but with all the above shit - I lost interest. I am now thinking of finishing that - then starting a third. They will be via Kindle.

I sure you have heard of record artist not getting paid etc - well the book biz is a bit like that too. I can't discuss any other details regards publishers not paying. This is not my site - and myself and BV do not want to invite future legal involvement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-23 14:41 by JamesPhelge00.

Date: March 23, 2013 15:30

JamesPhelge00
This is not my site - and myself and BV do not want to invite future legal involvement.

party-pooper. where's the sense of thrill and adventure around here anyway?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 23, 2013 23:28

Best wishes James. Sure hope you get your things together.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 24, 2013 00:14

JamesPhelge00
stonehearted

Some publishers do no like paying royalties for fotos.

Apart from the initial contract I never received a penny in yearly royalties from the publisher. I also speak with the author of an excellant Bob Dylan book. He is with the same publisher and has also not had any royalties. So - someone would have you believe Dylan and Stones books don't sell. So, those books won't get promoted by the authors if there not getting paid. 'Nankering' publishing deal has now ended and the book is out of print - so currently only the original Phelge's Stones is available.

The reason Phelge's Stones has not been available for about 10 years is - because I couldn't be bothered. Books shops are slow to pay and need chasing for the money - even had one BIG shop tell me all the copies had been stolen so they weren't paying. It was too much hassle running accounts and chasing people. Then in 2005 my youngest son died and I became reclusive and stopped communicating - no phone calls, email or letters goty answered et... It was only in 2012 that I decided to sort myself out and sell off the remaining books - on my own.

Yes - I did start a second book - but with all the above shit - I lost interest. I am now thinking of finishing that - then starting a third. They will be via Kindle.

I sure you have heard of record artist not getting paid etc - well the book biz is a bit like that too. I can't discuss any other details regards publishers not paying. This is not my site - and myself and BV do not want to invite future legal involvement.

Sorry for your loss, and I am glad that you are now able to pick up the pieces and join this forum. I find your stories indispensable, because you were there and knew them on the personal level and your experience brings a dimension that no rock historian by trade can bring. Where else could we read about a Beatles/Stones summit meeting at Edith Grove, and with all the subtle nuances to boot--your account of Paul McCartney tentatively scoping the front room for a clean place to sit--and not being able to locate one--is hilarious and priceless!

Though you were not properly paid for your work, your book is endlessly appreciated and prized by those of us who can never get enough stories and first-hand accounts of the band. Hereafter, I shall refrain from referring to your book as Nankering with... and will only refer to it by its original title, Phelge's Stones. And if one wishes to obtain a copy from your site, what about payment methods? If one does not have a checking account, credit card, or PayPal, is there an address where one can send a U.S. Postal Money Order in USD?

I look forward to reading your second--and third--book. I still read books the old-fashioned way--in hard copy--but when your second book becomes available, it will be the first book I purchase in Kindle format.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 24, 2013 00:21

stonehearted
your book is endlessly appreciated

Absolutely

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 24, 2013 00:41

I will probably be banned for posting this but:

What blows my mind is that bv advocates a certain thread about the Genesis Tarle book which contains about 90% of the book's contents. Isn't that thread a violation of someone's copyright?

See Link #6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 00:44 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 24, 2013 00:53

MILKYWAY

What blows my mind is that bv advocates a certain thread about the Genesis Tarle book which contains about 90% of the book's contents. Isn't that thread a violation of someone's copyright?

See Link #6

Rockman can do WHATEVER he pleases, and righteously so. Laws and restrictions doesn't apply for him. Luckily, BV, thinks the same. (or maybe he doesn't?.....damn, I shouldn't have brought this up)

Also.....that Genesis book is impossible to buy for us mortals, it's too damn expensive, and allready sold out, as well. The publisher isn't losing any money on the scans here.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 24, 2013 01:19

Erik_Snow
MILKYWAY

See Link #6

Rockman can do WHATEVER he pleases, and righteously so. Laws and restrictions doesn't apply for him. Luckily, BV, thinks the same. (or maybe he doesn't?.....damn, I shouldn't have brought this up)

Also.....that Genesis book is impossible to buy for us mortals, it's too damn expensive, and allready sold out, as well. The publisher isn't losing any money on the scans here.

But the Jim Marshall photo book on the Rolling Stones is too damn expensive for us unemployed. This mortal would like to see it & its photos. There was a thread on this board that contained a number of photos from said book. This mortal was very pleased. grinning smiley Then there were comments made about copyright, so the photos ceased to be posted. This mortal was greatly saddened and somewhat confused, like a child that had been spanked who didn't know what he did that was wrong. sad smiley plus confused smiley

Moral: This mortal feels it is unfair that the photos from the one book he actually owns are allowed to be posted, but the ones from the book said mortal does not possess and cannot afford cannot be posted.

Date: March 24, 2013 01:21

stealing is so fun. i don't understand why it's frowned upon by so many.

Date: March 24, 2013 01:30

GRNRBITW

It's because they're married. Women frown upon everything that their husbond do.

Date: March 24, 2013 01:38

Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW

It's because they're married. Women frown upon everything that their husbond do.

god never wanted men and women to get together, you know...

Date: March 24, 2013 01:44

GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW

Understandable. Men and women sucks! Especially men!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 24, 2013 01:51

Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW
Erik_Snow
GRNRBITW

Understandable. Men and women sucks! Especially men!

I find this offensive. Please continue...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2291
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home