Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Copyrights - IORR policy
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2013 01:55

What blows my mind is that bv advocates a certain thread about the Genesis Tarle book which contains about 90% of the book's contents. Isn't that thread a violation of someone's copyright?

Yeah but even though I own the EXILE book most of those shots were
taken from books/mags that had published photos and articles about the
Tarle book after it's release...from memory I only scanned one or two shots from actual EXILE book

The Jim Marshall book is another story ... Because of it's size and
WEIGHT you need a block and tackle to get it on a scanner...plus the
pages are larger than A4 and many of the photos are shown as double
page shots so scanning from it is almost impossible
.... In 2009 a cheaper smaller format edition of Let It Bleed was
released that retailed for somewhere around $100...far from the Deluxe edition but still contained many of the great photos....

LET IT BLEED -- The Rolling Stones, Altamont,and the End of the Sixties
Ethan Russell - Springboard

ROCKMAN

Date: March 24, 2013 01:57

Communist faggots!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 24, 2013 02:03

Rockman

The Jim Marshall book is another story ... Because of it's size and
WEIGHT you need a block and tackle to get it on a scanner...plus the
pages are larger than A4 and many of the photos are shown as double
page shots so scanning from it is almost impossible

and the spine is very weak...It drops pages if opened that wide...

Date: March 24, 2013 02:06

and the spine is very weak...It drops pages if opened that wide...

YEAH they actually replaced my first copy .... it came with a about 20 pages already free from the spine ... thought I mighta scored a second copy but they arranged for damaged book to be picked up and returned

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 24, 2013 04:03

Rockman, I hope you know that my post was not an attack of you. Not at all!!! I think it's great that the RS fans who cannot afford a copy of Tarle's Exile (if they can even find a copy for sale) can see most of the photographs from the book thanks to you. I don't care if you post Exile in its entirety on this board or any other.

That said, let's be honest: When someone asks in his/her subject line for you to "post Exile", he/she isn't asking for you to post photos from other articles about Exile & the Nellcote days. They are asking for you to post photos from the Exile book itself. I own a copy of Exile and am well aware of what photos are in it. I also own a copy of Ethan Russell's LIB. Not the paperback version but rather the oversized hardcover version. I bought those items when I was employed. Now that I have leukemia and cannot work, the money is less abundant.

I am annoyed that when there is something new published about the Stones, especially photo books, and someone posts photos from it on this board, certain individuals clamor for their removal based on copyright. EDIT: I am talking specifically about when smeone started a thread about the Jim Marshall RS book.

Post everything, okay. Post nothing, okay. But to say we don't honor copyright for this book but we do honor it for this other book is rather disingenuous.

Now, if you would like to email me privately with a few scans from the Marshall book, I would be forever grateful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 04:07 by MILKYWAY.

Date: March 24, 2013 04:42

Rockman, I hope you know that my post was not an attack of you.

Heck no MILKY ... was just explaining that most of those shots had
been out there floating around in different books and mags anyway...

The Jim Marshall book .... Ive posted a few from it on here already...
Most likely a search with Marshall -- Rockman will find them ...

Cool book but small in size 210x180.... once again a lot of the shots
are spread over double-page and the single shots are hard up against spine
making them almost impossible to scan without damaging book..

Keith Richards -- backstage at Winterland San Francisco 1972 -- J.Marshall

Oh and by the way MILKY...... good luck with your health ....Take Care

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 24, 2013 17:52

Thanks, Rockman. After I posted that comment asking for scans of the Jim Marshall book,I realized that you had already stated that scanning the book messes with its spine. Ooops. In that case, please DON'T post any photos from the JM book.

I am surprised the JM book is so small. I saw the dimensions on Amazon & thought maybe it was a misprint. Such a shame to publish a photo book with small pages.

Anyways, thanks for the photo of Keith by JM & for your good wishes. Just as long as you know I wasn't attacking you. Like I said, I love seeng any photos of "the boys" that are out there. Post them all -- but only if it doesn't ruin the physical book.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home