Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Attend one of the package pre-show buffet dinners? (Barclays/Prudential?)
Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: March 12, 2013 22:53

Re: "Gold VIP" or "Hospitality" pre-show buffet dinners? [U.S. shows]
Barclays Center Dec 8th
Prudential Dec.13th & 15th

I know the buffets weren't worth the money, but did you attend one of those oh, so special, "pre-show" dinners? Got any pics from the grand event?

Please, if you need to rant on these so-called hospitality hustles not being worth it, start another thread for that. Thanks.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Re: Attend one of the package pre-show buffet dinners? (Barclays/Prudential?)
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 13, 2013 01:21

I always have the prime rib whenever I go to a rock and roll concert. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 13, 2013 03:21

They didn't have the pre-show dinners for VIPs at the Prudential...only in London I think.

I know a different company ran the packages.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 13, 2013 03:27

Well, I very much enjoyed my bag of chips and bottle of beer before the Prudential show...think I"ll order the same package next time.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 13, 2013 03:46

I attended one of the pre-show buffets in Newark and it was outstanding. Mind you, in the end not worth the overall price by a long shot but the food was delicious and plentiful with many options to choose from and it also included full bar service.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 13, 2013 04:09

5 beers and tighten ya belt ... works every time

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 13, 2013 04:43

We had an amazing time at the pre and post concert parties in London. Whether it was "worth it" is subjective. To me it was priceless. At our table were fans from Switzerland, Italy, Japan, Guatamala, Spain and UK. That's my wife there on the right from USA. The food was good and the wine flowed freely all night.

Date: March 13, 2013 05:03

Thru and Thru
I attended one of the pre-show buffets in Newark and it was outstanding. Mind you, in the end not worth the overall price by a long shot but the food was delicious and plentiful with many options to choose from and it also included full bar service.

Thru and Thru —

How big of a deal was it meaning how many folks? The ones in London appeared to be someplace in the 200-250-300 guests range.

Did your package included a pass for the group's exhibit at the Paley Center for the Media? Good exhibit? www.paleycenter.org/2012-fall-rolling-stones-50/

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 13, 2013 11:04

I was there the first night in London as well. We met friends from France, which always book a package thing, due to they limit in English and they want to be sure to get good seats.
We were together at the table with people from England.
Second night I scored pit tickets without the package.

But for Pit tickets you are to late to go in, when you have a meal beforehand. At least we found out that the VIP guests arrived pretty late for the Pit. But it also depends on the people if they just wanna tick it on their "todo" list or if they are Fans who would like to have the best spot.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 13, 2013 12:17

jazzbass

YEAH - that's what rock music is about; High society dining !

there ain't no place for a street fighin' man

Date: March 13, 2013 12:32

slewan
jazzbass

Sorry man, but here comes again the jealousy. Most of the people we met saved up just anything (no holidays etc) to be able to see the Stones again.
They wanted to ensure to get a good ticket and not to stay out. Getting good tickets on Ticketmaster was a chance like winning in a big lottery. Although I simply didn't have internet access when the public sales started.

As Frank Zappa said already decades ago: We're only in it for the money!

It seems like that the Street fighin' Man in you missed out such lines sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-13 12:33 by Grison.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 13, 2013 13:39

slewan
jazzbass

smileys with beer. Too true

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 13, 2013 14:28

It´s not that different...eye rolling smiley

Date: March 13, 2013 15:02

Oh, it's different alright.

Date: March 13, 2013 15:09

Rockman
5 beers and tighten ya belt ... works every time

A couple of us got lost, and stopped counting...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 13, 2013 17:34

no , why, to give away hard earned money ?it's better to get on the guest list and eat there food for gratis.i just looked at the menu ,glad to eat elsewhere.the time that we were guests we had a tremondous chicken curry dinner with a killer chocolate cake for desert !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-13 17:37 by TheGreek.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 13, 2013 18:45

Nothing gets me more pumped up for a rock and roll concert than.............a braised neck of lamb!!! and a butternut squash risotto?!? fuuuuuuuuuuck yeaaaaaaah!! I bet people eating at this pre-show dinner were keeping with the rock and roll rebel attitude by not using a salad fork with the salad. Rock and roll is alive and well!!
edit: Oops, my mistake. There was no salad at the pre-show meal. fuuuuuuck yeaaaaah!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-13 18:46 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Date: March 14, 2013 00:51

Thru and Thru

Ah, sorry, T and T, this must have been included in some of the packages, not mine. Thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 14, 2013 02:41

PeanutGallery
Re: "Gold VIP" or "Hospitality" pre-show buffet dinners? [U.S. shows]
Barclays Center Dec 8th
Prudential Dec.13th & 15th

I know the buffets weren't worth the money, but did you attend one of those oh, so special, "pre-show" dinners? Got any pics from the grand event?

Please, if you need to rant on these so-called hospitality hustles not being worth it, start another thread for that. Thanks.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

The London shows hospitality shots are great and thanks. Appears that shows in the U.S. won't be faring as well.

Would still love to see anyone's pics from any of the U.S. buffet gigs [Barclays or Prudential] — to see what they were like; how many were there, etc. if you've got them.

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Date: March 14, 2013 03:15

In fact, I was pretty much starving by the time I got in, standing in line for the pit, but it was worth it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 14, 2013 03:41

I wonder what the band had listed in their rider for dinner.

As for the preshow bash...if you could afford it, and went and enjoyed it, I'm thrilled for you.

Though I wonder of the brand of beer served was the same as what the Angels got at Altamont...

Date: March 14, 2013 05:57

Good food and rock and roll have gone hand in hand for decades.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-14 12:22 by tatters.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: March 14, 2013 07:29

PeanutGallery
Thru and Thru

Thru and Thru —

How big of a deal was it meaning how many folks? The ones in London appeared to be someplace in the 200-250-300 guests range.

Did your package included a pass for the group's exhibit at the Paley Center for the Media? Good exhibit? www.paleycenter.org/2012-fall-rolling-stones-50/

Peanut
PeanutGallery

I would say it was about the same range of guests, maybe a bit less. The club area where the event was held was fairly large and we had access to the soundcheck. They had drawn curtains around the arena while the Stones themselves were on stage but we did get to listen to them and then got to watch the "gorilla team" do their rehearsal.

I have no idea if our pass in fact included entry to the Paley Center exhibit since we already went there the day before, sorry. However, We all did receive a "special gift package" that included the same flyer we received at the Paley Center (directory of the exhibit), a very nice hard-cover book with lots of photographs of the Stones at various shows, etc. over the last 50 years + commentary, a nice warm Stones tongue blanket and of course the whole lot was packed into a carrying bag with the Stones 50th anniversary tongue logo blazened all over it.

To many of you here on IORR this may sound cheesy but I, personally, very much enjoyed the buffet and watching the soundcheck, not to mention the fabulous seats we had in the third row, Keith's side right next to the tongue extension.

If I could have I would have gone for the pit tickets myself (same price) but with certain health issues that I have it was not possible for me and these seats more than made up for it! There are many cynics on this board that will eat me alive for this post but for me, personally, the price was worth the experience 100%.

Edit: The food at the US shows was fabulous, an offering of all different tastes beyond relief if that's what you're there for. Me, personally, I do not like to go to a Stones concert stuffed to the gills nor do I drink a lot of booze prior to a show so all I ate was some beautiful appetizers plus I had one bar drink and a bottle of water to take with me to the show but then to each his/her own. If you wanted to get either wasted or pigged out, or both, there certainly was no limit to either way.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-14 07:41 by Thru and Thru.

Date: March 14, 2013 09:02

Thru and Thru
To many of you here on IORR this may sound cheesy but I, personally, very much enjoyed the buffet and watching the soundcheck, not to mention the fabulous seats we had in the third row, Keith's side right next to the tongue extension.
There are many cynics on this board that will eat me alive for this post but for me, personally, the price was worth the experience 100%.

100% Agree

So was our experience in London. We did not get the rehearsals, but meeting so many people from so many countries around the world, talking about the previous shows etc etc did not make me feel that there were only "EVENT"seeking millionaires to tick their agenda.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 14, 2013 10:29

Thru and Thru
I, personally, very much enjoyed the buffet and watching the soundcheck, not to mention the fabulous seats we had in the third row, Keith's side right next to the tongue extension.

for me, personally, the price was worth the experience 100%.

So you had a great time and enjoyed the show. Perfect deal then.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 14, 2013 14:17

Wow, this is so Rock'n'Roll. I would not go there if they payed me and seriously don't understand how someone here can be interested in that.

Just the last summer at the Springsteen concert in Vienna I was waiting in the 4th row by the centre of the stage. I stood next to 4 people from UK or US, I don't remember, and they had some VIP tickets for some ridiculous money and could go to some VIP lounge with a buffet at the very opposite side of the stadium. Two of them went some time before the concert and returned some half an hour before the show, when everybody was standing up and it was very dense. But they somehow managed to go through the whole stadium and return and said they had some champagne and beans or something, that sounded awful to me, but they said it was delicious and those other two were very sad they didn't go and actually seriously considered going there. They spent the half an hour untill the show speaking about the buffet and those who didn't go just kept on going about how they wanted those beans. I mean you wait for 5 hours for the show, you stand 1 meter from the stage and all you can think about is a VIP buffet. I don't get it.

Date: March 14, 2013 14:35

Happy24
Wow, this is so Rock'n'Roll. I would not go there if they payed me and seriously don't understand how someone here can be interested in that.
. I don't get it.
As far as I understand it was ground floor standing on that concert without any FOS or any special front row arrangement. So you're right it does not make sense.

But if the floor is seated like it's now with all Stones concerts and/or the Pit space is very limited (I was able to walk around as close as 2nd row on the sides, but stayed mostly further back) you have a much better chance with the VIP arrangment to crap really good seats.
But everyone should do what he wants to do to gain good tickets.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 15, 2013 08:57

Grison, that Springsteen concert had a FOS, but it was really huge at a stadium and that spot was still hard earned by long standing.

Anyway, I understand, that the seating arrangement at those Stones' concert was way different. Still, those VIP buffets, or generally any VIP stuff at rock concerts has absolutely no appeal to me. I agree with what you write - everyone should do what he wants, but still...when I look at the photos in this thread...The Rolling Stones??? Now the whining about the ticket prices should logically follow, but we've had enough of that, so I will save it :-)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2013 09:32

Happy24

Just the last summer at the Springsteen concert in Vienna I was waiting in the 4th row by the centre of the stage. I stood next to 4 people from UK or US, I don't remember, and they had some VIP tickets for some ridiculous money and could go to some VIP lounge with a buffet at the very opposite side of the stadium. Two of them went some time before the concert and returned some half an hour before the show, when everybody was standing up and it was very dense. But they somehow managed to go through the whole stadium and return and said they had some champagne and beans or something, that sounded awful to me, but they said it was delicious and those other two were very sad they didn't go and actually seriously considered going there. They spent the half an hour untill the show speaking about the buffet and those who didn't go just kept on going about how they wanted those beans. I mean you wait for 5 hours for the show, you stand 1 meter from the stage and all you can think about is a VIP buffet. I don't get it.

because you obviously didn't try the lasagna...it's to die for.

Date: March 15, 2013 10:47

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home