Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Hugo Chavez is Dead
Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: March 6, 2013 10:04

carlitosbaez
And Vocalion????
where are you from by the way?
Carlitos
Tenerife

"And?" as in: people die every day, that's too many OT topics on IORR...... I'm from The Netherlands.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 10:11

winter
Best of lick to VP Nicolas Maduro and the country. May Venezuela continue to thwart 'Western' (US, Big Oil) imperialism and Shock Doctrine-style opportunists, and may the indigenous Indian and black population continue to make small steps of progress. Many families throughout the US's New York and New England region have really appreciated Chavez's heating oil program when their own gov't didn't step to the plate.

Angel? -Hell no. Scoundrel? -Yup. Heck, it seems only scoundrels make it to the top of any governments in today's dog-eat-dog political world. Regardless, some of his well-meant efforts need to be recognized, and the one-sided celebratory vitriol of this thread is childish.

I don't think the average people has read anything on its own about Chavez (i'd recommend Bart Jones' bio), and has just heard/seen a few headlines on CNN and Fox News... eye rolling smiley

Date: March 6, 2013 10:43

People and politicians supporting ETA in Spain are sorry for his passing. Enough said.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 6, 2013 11:31

He stood up to the oil industry.

Good for him.

Now the real trouble will start.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 6, 2013 11:34

beepee2
B-Flat
We all should celebrate that this bastard is dead. Cristina Fernander de Kirchner should follow him and meet her husband (Nestor Kirchner). They are a bunch of corrupt people. They suck

What a nice topic... eye rolling smiley

Funnily, the more yoou are elected the more "corrupt" you are called by brainwashed Westerners... Kirchner or Chavez are more popular after years in power, than Obama or Cameron after 2 years.

Of course it's Champagne time in Washington which has been trying to get rid of the guy for 15 years as it did in the rest of Latin America for half a century now, causing millions of deaths and maintaining whole nations under corrupt governments.

Geez. That is not really true is it. Chavez was a horrible dictator. Btw how did you feel when Chavez stopped the massive aid operation from the US during the Vargas landslide? Chavez sent them back and coldly proclaimed the areas "sacred" because he didnt care to let the US help find the bodies of many of the 30 000 dead.

I hope the Venezuelans grab the chance when given to vote for a Western friendly captialist that is willing to communicate with the outside world and help improve the economy and the freedom of speech. Hopefully the journalists have a chance to report and write with this bastard gone. And no this is not politics, its about people in Venezuela. Actually one of the few times I think Mick could say something about this. Mick and Bianca.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 6, 2013 13:14

As the spanish monarc said some years ago to this bastard: "y tu, ¿porqué no te callas?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 13:20

yes he was a dictator and venezuela deserves a real democracy now, but we should also ask why he took and kept the power. what venezuela was before him for the low and medium class and why milions of poor voted for him and what kind of hope and expectations they had 20 years ago. sadly, most of these hope didn't become reality

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 6, 2013 13:47

Oil, oil and oil...............

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 6, 2013 14:22

Adios, amigo.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 6, 2013 15:43

KeithNacho
As the spanish monarc said some years ago to this bastard: "y tu, ¿porqué no te callas?

The Spanish monarc is a moron.

Date: March 6, 2013 16:32

leteyer
KeithNacho

The Spanish monarc is a moron.

why don't you shut up? = ¿porqué no te callas?

The king says to Chavez

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 6, 2013 16:58

Was stock car (ARCA) racer Minka Duna his girlfriend? Had heard that.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 17:11

Hugo Chavez also compared Bush Jr to John Wayne by imitating a cowboy.
On that point, he was not totally wrong !

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 18:44

Thank God he is dead. Maybe Sean Penn and his ilk can move there.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 6, 2013 18:49

I wonder how many people thought Chavez was a bad man only because your government told you to think that way. Or did you come to that conclusion on your own?

Posted by: millerman60 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:15

Hugo Chavez,crusader against corruption,champion of the poor,amassed a personal fortune of over two billion dollars. He was just as big a looter as the corporations he railed against.

Date: March 6, 2013 19:28

Redhotcarpet

I hope the Venezuelans grab the chance when given to vote for a Western friendly captialist that is willing to communicate with the outside world and help improve the economy and the freedom of speech.

Let me guess, someone who will bring back the oil to some Miami based millionaires... ? Well, Venezuela has had that in the 80s and 90s and thankfully (and despite all the covert US operations) managed to get out of that.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:35

He was cozy with Castro, a murderous tyrant. Castro has a kind of "radical chic" attraction to some, which I guess is why it's not better known that Castro, through terrorists in New York, planned, in 1962, to blow up: 1) the Statue of Liberty; 2) Macy's; 3) Gimbel's; 4) Bloomingdale's; 5) Grand Central station; 6) other transportation stops; 8) oil refineries on the New Jersey shore. On the day after Thanksgiving, the busiest shopping day of the year (when some of those targets would have been teeming with crowds.) The F.B.I. thwarted it.

If you're cozy with a man like that, you're bad news yourself.

A read this in the book FIDEL: HOLLYWOOD'S FAVORITE TYRANT by Humberto Fontova.

Date: March 6, 2013 19:37

Title5Take1
He was cozy with Castro, a murderous tyrant.

All the US president have been and still are cozy with Saudi and Qatar monarchs, a say on this ? grinning smiley

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:46

Why are you such a pom pom waver for Chavez beepee2? It's not only the U.S. that thinks he was a bad guy. Do you think countries like France, England, Germany etc. think he was a good guy? Most of the world thought he was a piece of garbage. I doubt even his own people liked him. They feared him.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:58

Chavez is dead and the world is a better place as a result.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:59

Hugo A-go-go

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:00

Title5Take1
He was cozy with Castro, a murderous tyrant. Castro has a kind of "radical chic" attraction to some, which I guess is why it's not better known that Castro, through terrorists in New York, planned, in 1962, to blow up: 1) the Statue of Liberty; 2) Macy's; 3) Gimbel's; 4) Bloomingdale's; 5) Grand Central station; 6) other transportation stops; 8) oil refineries on the New Jersey shore. On the day after Thanksgiving, the busiest shopping day of the year (when some of those targets would have been teeming with crowds.) The F.B.I. thwarted it.
It sounds like you're describing this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:01

Valero is not affiliated with Venezuela or Hugo Chavez. It is an American company based in San Antonio, Texas. But Citgo is a Venezuelan state-owned oil company (Hugo Chavez).

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:09

I hope he was a better musician than a humanitarian.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-06 20:11 by FrankM.

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 6, 2013 21:08

GravityBoy
He stood up to the oil industry.

Good for him.

Now the real trouble will start.

He nationalized the oil industry and bankrupted his country as a result.

Date: March 6, 2013 21:58

There is no room for idealism when it comes to world politics. The middle east has always been ruled by tyrants: pharhos, caliphs, sultans,emirs. It much better to suppott a tyrant you can work with than to let him be replaced by a tyrant who is against your interest. Jimmy Carter failed to support the Shah of Iran only to have him replaced by a worse tyrant, The Ayatolla. The Iranian people are screwed either way,but now the rest of the world is screwed also. Unless you are an Iranian backed terrorist group that is.

Date: March 6, 2013 22:26

I am under no illusions about the dispicable actions of the US government or the multinational corporations. The examples you sight were done as result of the cold war and the misguided anti communist hysteria of the time. But I am also under no illusion about leaders like Chavez ,even though elected, who preach power to the people while amassing a huge personal fortune by looting the country.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:29

R

He nationalized the oil industry and bankrupted his country as a result.

"bankrupted his country"? Are you talking about Ben Bernanke bankrupting the US and the USD? confused smiley
And Chavez was the very first to start the "give us our gold back" trend. Who did Merkel take her cue from, huh? And how long till we discover there's nothing left in Fort Knox and the king is nude...?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:02

FrankM
I hope he was a better musician than a humanitarian.

Is he playing in Open G?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home