Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Hugo Chavez is Dead
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:28

dcba

And Chavez was the very first to start the "give us our gold back" trend. Who did Merkel take her cue from, huh? And how long till we discover there's nothing left in Fort Knox and the king is nude...?

actually it's de Gaulle. Soon after, riots(plotted from outside...) started...

Oh by the way, R, Venezuela bankrupt, you want to compare US debt with Venezuela's ?grinning smiley If you are poor and have a teeth problem, let me tell you'd better be in Venezuela than in the US...

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:31

beepee2 were you the press agent/publicist for Chavez?

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: March 6, 2013 23:33

"If you are poor and have a teeth problem, let me tell you'd better be in Venezuela than in the US"

And if you gave Chavez any flack or showed him any disrespect you may have ended up in jail- but I guess that is just CNN or Fox News not the truth right beepee2?

It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: March 6, 2013 23:38

FrankM

As much as you are the White house PA, i guess...

If you criticize Chavez you end up in jail ?? Ahah... most of the Venezuelian press is against him and constantly insulting him, quote me just one opponent that had any sort of legal problems during the last campaign.

But if this is such an important matter for you then please check whats happening to any one criticizing the royal family (US friends) in Saudi Arabia !

Date: March 6, 2013 23:47

beepee2
FrankM

As much as you are the White house PA, i guess...

If you criticize Chavez you end up in jail ?? Ahah... most of the Venezuelian press is against him and constantly insulting him, quote me just one opponent that had any sort of legal problems during the last campaign.

But if this is such an important matter for you then please check whats happening to any one criticizing the royal family (US friends) in Saudi Arabia !

From Wikipedia;

"Human rights and legal policy groups say that there are more than 40 political prisoners in Venezuela, and that 2,000 Chávez opponents are under investigation."

So I guess in addition to CNN and Fox News, Widipedia is also in on this enormous
smear campaign against Hugo Chavez- but none of it is true?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:49

It is right and truthful to say that US policies are riddled with hypocrisy.
We bend the laws to suit our needs, we install dictators so they will owe us.
We don't respect the sovereign rights of many countries. We do to them what we
would never accept done to us. It is difficult for an American to be objective.
Many are uninformed, untraveled, and spoon fed by mainstream media,their opinions
have been assigned to them. Sad.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:51

MKjan
Many are uninformed, untraveled, and spoon fed by mainstream media,their opinions

Amen.

Date: March 6, 2013 23:54

MKjan

You seem to be looking at America through the darkest possible lense. Come out from behind the darkness and look at reality. Might be a nice change for you.

Date: March 6, 2013 23:56

FrankM
From Wikipedia;

"Human rights and legal policy groups say that there are more than 40 political prisoners in Venezuela, and that 2,000 Chávez opponents are under investigation."

Correct.

But someone calling for Chavez to be assassinated, on a public channel, becomes a "political prisonner" if he is detained... i guess that's the same in the US isn't it ?

I urge everyone to listen to the other side of the story:

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 23:57

Liberals always seem to like these cruel, murderous dictators. Funny how Joe Kennedy and Sean Penn never did get around to moving there. Ask Maria Conchita Alonso - and also ask why she cannot get any roles in Hollywood anymore. Duh.

is it, as Mike Savage stated, "A Mental Disorder"?

Date: March 6, 2013 23:58

FrankM
MKjan

You seem to be looking at America through the darkest possible lense. Come out from behind the darkness and look at reality. Might be a nice change for you.

America has brought great things to the world but what MKjan is saying is true and backed by facts. The world is more and more fed up with the US dictating whatever should happen here and there on the planet.

Date: March 7, 2013 00:00

alhavu1
Liberals always seem to like these cruel, murderous dictators.

Obama has murdered plenty of people without any form of trial, by drones attack in sovereign countries.

Give me one person murdered by Chavez. One war he started. Thanks.

Date: March 7, 2013 00:01

alhavu1
Liberals always seem to like these cruel, murderous dictators. Funny how Joe Kennedy and Sean Penn never did get around to moving there. Ask Maria Conchita Alonso - and also ask why she cannot get any roles in Hollywood anymore. Duh.

is it, as Mike Savage stated, "A Mental Disorder"?

The problem isn't liberals it's far left wackos. Most liberals I know won't lose a wink of sleep over the passing of Chavez.

Date: March 7, 2013 00:04

beepee2
alhavu1

Obama has murdered plenty of people without any form of trial, by drones attack in sovereign countries.

War is hell

Date: March 7, 2013 00:08

Chavez has also killed 6m Jews.eye popping smiley

Date: March 7, 2013 00:11

Did you have a giant man crush on Chavez beepee2?

Date: March 7, 2013 00:18

If Patton and Schwarzkopf were allowed to "finish" things there would be very little problems in the world today. True dat!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 7, 2013 00:34

I Predict....

that this thread will soon be closed due to excessive political rambling and debating....

Seriously, though, it's not often when an actual president of an actual country resembles an actual cartoon character of an actual MTV cartoon.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 01:28

beepee2
FrankM
Did you have a giant man crush on Chavez beepee2?

Lol you think I'm like the average American crying for a president and thinking "jesus is back" ?

I'm not sure this is the "average" American. What is? We're so different.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 04:28

It is too easy to blame Venezuela's ills on policies of the US, and big oil. Chavez was a brazen power grabber, and attempted a violent coup on the elected government, even shooting missles at the Presidential residence. He was defeated and imprisoned. Then rehabilitated into the political mainstream, and won his first election and began his massive power grab. Yes, he astutely tapped into the massive wealth gap in Venezuela by galvanizing the poor into a popular mass movement. But sadly, after taking power he began persecuting all dissent. He removed several TV news programs, prosecuted and imprisoned journalists who wrote negative articles about him, and he nationalized the oil industry and embezzled millions from the people of Venezuela. His movement towards Castro was to futher consolidate his power in the guise of wealth redistrabution, while he was stealing from his own country. Venezuela was a mess before Chavez and is more of a mess now. The US' policies towards South American has been less than stellar, and has contributed to a lot of the dysfunction. However, Chavez clearly moved away from the US, and did nothing to create a more stable, democratic, and transparent judicial system in Venezuela. And he stole just like all his predecessors. I was living in Venezuela during his first election, and I can say from personal experience there were times it was frightening. The level of violence in Caracas is stunning and terrifying. The random acts of senseless brutal violence, and the chill that fell on the the city after his election was palatable. Let's hope with him gone Venezuela can move out of the shadows and really begin to rebuild for the benefit of all Venezuelans. Viva Venezuela!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-07 04:30 by whitem8.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 05:19

beepee2
alhavu1

Well for starts during his coupe attempt several people were killed. During his campaign for Pres his thugs beat and killed several opposition members. During his presidency oodles of people imprisoned (and the prisons in Venezuela could be like a death sentence depending on who you are), beaten, and murdered.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 7, 2013 07:54

We still won't buy Vallero gas.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 10:18

beepee2
Ah, the difference between US allies and friends, and Chavez:

He did great things for his country and especially for the poorest but maybe we can see Chavez also as a demagogue which enabled him to build a two billion dollars fortune !

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 7, 2013 11:27

What he/she said.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 7, 2013 11:31

It's funny or not actually how many people really hate the US for idiotic reasons. I've known many and I'd say half of them live, or stay for years in the US and have careers - in the US now. Why is that? Serious question.

Date: March 7, 2013 11:37

I think you're mixing up people who "hate Americans" and those who hate the US foreign policy and the global expansion of the US empire where democracy counts for nothing and children can be droned to death, support is given to tyrants if it suits and no one says a word. The US position on Palestine is also a massive reason for the world's hate.

There is a difference.

I don't hate Americans, some of my family are Americans.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 7, 2013 11:52

Some people just love to hate, they need to hate.

If they were not hating on America they would find something else to hate and then they would blather on and on about how much they hate that, versus hating America. Look at the typical hater's post history, they dont say much about The Stones or music, they just show up here to hate on something/anything.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 7, 2013 11:57

whitem8

But sadly, after taking power [Chavez] began persecuting all dissent.

Imho he remembered the Allende lesson and he made sure a similar thing would never happen to him.
Allende got elected in Chile in 1970 and right after that he was the victim of a destabilization campaign led by the Chilean opposition and backed by the CIA.

Allende was a softie and an intellectual (he got killed in 1973), Chavez made sure he struck first... in the nuts of his opponents. thumbs up

And you have to not forget that when Chavez was first elected, most of the papers and the TV channels in Venezuela belonged to rich ppl, that is Chavez's deadly enemies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-07 11:59 by dcba.

Date: March 7, 2013 12:23

the victim of a destabilization campaign led by the Chilean opposition and backed by the CIA.

It was ever thus.

John Pilger did a brilliant documentary on the CIA activities in South America and other parts of the world.

[johnpilger.com]

The US are acting as the police force for global corporations and banks.

Democracy can take a hike, other countries are easier to control if the right sort of government is in place.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 7, 2013 12:25

Redhotcarpet
It's funny or not actually how many people really hate the US for idiotic reasons. I've known many and I'd say half of them live, or stay for years in the US and have careers - in the US now. Why is that? Serious question.
As a French, I don't hate Amercan people at all
It's just that when it comes to the security of the world I'm a bit suspicious about the real motivations of the US government

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home