Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 56
Re: Hyde Park
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 2, 2013 12:47

Harm
They'll have some kind of FOS

Of course they will

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 2, 2013 13:32

Rollin92
Those who have been to Hyde Park gigs in the past, how have you found them in terms of being able to see/hear clearly when not near the front?

A friend will come with me but is financially constrained so i'll have no chance of being able to get us into any circles etc it'll be general admission. Is it worth me going in that case if I can't get near the front?

Any advice for securing a spot as close as possible? I ask as I've never been to an outdoor concert before.

If you gonna get the normal ticket, general admission, here is my view.
If you wanna get as close as possible, sit before the gates a day before. otherwise you wont get a good view possibility. it will be tough to see them real close if youget a GA tickets. sorry. Thats why i want to get a FOS or Diamond circle ticket.my guess is, they will be around 350 euro. very expensive, but then tou have a better view of the band.

I hope this answers your question.
Jeroen

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 2, 2013 16:07

I called the St.Giles Hotel....no Rolling Stones bookings for the rumoured dates in July

Date: April 2, 2013 16:09

They probably stay at their own homes.

Jeroen

Date: April 2, 2013 16:13

corriecas
They probably stay at their own homes.

Jeroen
Of course, silly me

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 2, 2013 16:15

Rollin92
Those who have been to Hyde Park gigs in the past, how have you found them in terms of being able to see/hear clearly when not near the front?

A friend will come with me but is financially constrained so i'll have no chance of being able to get us into any circles etc it'll be general admission. Is it worth me going in that case if I can't get near the front?

Any advice for securing a spot as close as possible? I ask as I've never been to an outdoor concert before.
I have been to Hyde Park myself twice, but that was both golden circle/ in the front somewhere
I do know someone that had a normal ticket with a gig with GC. She was there around 1 pm or so and she got at the front of the normal GA era, she said it was not really close but she still had a good view on everything.
Not sure how its going to work out with the Stones, but i'm sure if you are there early you'll get in the front of the normal GA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-02 16:16 by samunknown.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 2, 2013 16:22

samunknown
Rollin92

I have been to Hyde Park myself twice, but that was both golden circle/ in the front somewhere
I do know someone that had a normal ticket with a gig with GC. She was there around 1 pm or so and she got at the front of the normal GA era, she said it was not really close but she still had a good view on everything.
Not sure how its going to work out with the Stones, but i'm sure if you are there early you'll get in the front of the normal GA

Maybe a stupid question but I'm completely unexperienced concerning non-seat-tickets: What happens if you urgently need to go to the toilet while waiting for the concert? Is it possible to go back to the place where you stood before?

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 2, 2013 16:32

maradona
samunknown
Rollin92

Maybe a stupid question but I'm completely unexperienced concerning non-seat-tickets: What happens if you urgently need to go to the toilet while waiting for the concert? Is it possible to go back to the place where you stood before?
ehm, depends. will be hard to get back to your place. if you are with a friend, then you could try to do it. sometimes its ok. but sometimes people wouldn't let you get back to your spot.. if you are alone, don't try it at all.

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour - announcement Wednesday
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 2, 2013 16:32

THE ROLLING STONES ON PLANET ROCK!

Tuesday, April 2nd 2013 12:30

Tune in tomorrow to hear from Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will be on Planet Rock with Darren Redick tomorrow afternoon from 3pm.

There’s a big announcement on the way, so make sure you’re listening in to find out!

See you then!

[www.planetrock.com]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 2, 2013 16:36

Hyde park has pretty poor sight lines. If you are 170 or taller, you'll be OK. Anyone smaller than that should either do the golden circle or accept the fact that you are attending an event and just relax and enjoy the screens.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 2, 2013 16:37

Oh! I see the Hyde Park thread has been integrated. Thanks a lot, bv, and also Jesper for starting it!

Date: April 2, 2013 16:41

maradona
samunknown
Rollin92

Just pull your trousers down and do what you gotta do, even shit.
it happened next to me , one of the 1982 concerts at rotterdam, Holland. It was a Hells Angel though. he put his pants down, amidst the people, and shit.
No one said a word!!! But, i think if i would do it, people would tell me off. Funny that eh?? It is a true story.

Jeroen

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 2, 2013 16:48

bye bye johnny

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will be on Planet Rock with Darren Redick tomorrow afternoon from 3pm.

There’s a big announcement on the way, so make sure you’re listening in to find out!

See you then!

[www.planetrock.com]

3 PM in UK would be 7 AM in LA where they are supposed to be now for rehearsals. Or are they on the East Coast. This is all a bit odd.

But I trust in BV that the announcement is tomorrow, I just would like to have the correct timesad smiley

Date: April 2, 2013 16:50

corriecas
maradona
samunknown
Rollin92

Just pull your trousers down and do what you gotta do, even shit.
it happened next to me , one of the 1982 concerts at rotterdam, Holland. It was a Hells Angel though. he put his pants down, amidst the people, and shit.
No one said a word!!! But, i think if i would do it, people would tell me off. Funny that eh?? It is a true story.

Jeroen

It's just like when you feel the urge for a beer during the show. You fight your way back to the pub, and then back. The trick is to tail a beautiful girl while going back to the front. It works without too many fists in your face winking smiley

Date: April 2, 2013 16:52

Grison
bye bye johnny

See you then!

[www.planetrock.com]

3 PM in UK would be 7 AM in LA where they are supposed to be now for rehearsals. Or are they on the East Coast. This is all a bit odd.

But I trust in BV that the announcement is tomorrow, I just would like to have the correct timesad smiley

Maybe they phone in to the UK????????????????????????????????????
jUST A SUGGESTION.
oh, you are from..............

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-02 16:52 by corriecas.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:03

Grison
bye bye johnny

See you then!

[www.planetrock.com]

Good possibility that the phoner on Planet Rock will be pre-recorded, and they'll talk about BST Hyde Park.

As for the "other" announcement, the November/December dates were announced via recorded message, not a live press conference, so it didn't matter where they were. Might be the same tomorrow.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:14

They are in LA rehearsing. I'd bet the announcement will be pre-recorded by Mick and Keith. I'd bet they announce all of the 2013 dates, including Hyde Park.

This will air at 12 noon in NYC, Toronto, etc.

Tickets should go on sale by Friday of this week, I'd say.

smoking smiley

*Now where will the rehearsal gig be?*

Date: April 2, 2013 17:16

It's only one day and then all your questions will be answered....patience!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:19

Cocaine Eyes
They are in LA rehearsing. I'd bet the announcement will be pre-recorded by Mick and Keith. I'd bet they announce all of the 2013 dates, including Hyde Park.

smoking smiley

Agree on that, but I am sure there will be a Presale on rs.com as in October.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:23

Grison
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

Agree on that, but I am sure there will be a Presale on rs.com as in October.

Oh yes, possibly. I'd forgotten about that! tongue sticking out smiley

AND FOR PEOPLE WORRYING ABOUT THE TIME OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.......12 NOON IN NYC, TORONTO, ETC. 12 NOON EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-02 17:24 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:26

corriecas
1982 concerts at rotterdam, Holland. It was a Hells Angel though. he put his pants down, amidst the people, and shit. No one said a word!!! But, i think if i would do it, people would tell me off. Funny that eh?? It is a true story.
Jeroen

In Hannover 1990 a guy next to me peed in a plastic bottle and after a while
of thinking he threw it onto stage where GUN was playing.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:48

No Detroit? What a shame to leave out Motown! Economy maybe? Such an influential part of music history.

I'll keep my fingers crossed !!

Undercover1

Date: April 2, 2013 17:49

TooTough
corriecas
1982 concerts at rotterdam, Holland. It was a Hells Angel though. he put his pants down, amidst the people, and shit. No one said a word!!! But, i think if i would do it, people would tell me off. Funny that eh?? It is a true story.
Jeroen

In Hannover 1990 a guy next to me peed in a plastic bottle and after a while
of thinking he threw it onto stage where GUN was playing.

It also happened in Holland, during the GUN show, forgot where it was.
jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:49

Both NA and UK shows are supposed to be announced tomorrow. But keep in mind it is mainly a North American tour, with a side trip to UK. Keep your credit cards ready, cancel other plans and make ready for a Stones summer!

Bjornulf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:50

treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
Looks like the OP nicked his "information" from a jamband fan forum, and reposted it sans caveat.

"AttyatLoew" posted one version yesterday, and another today.

speculation...

5/2 Key Arena, Seattle, WA (or Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC)
5/4 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA (or HP Pavilion at San Jose, San Jose, CA)
5/6 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA (or HP Pavilion at San Jose, San Jose, CA)
5/9 United Center, Chicago, IL
5/11 United Center, Chicago, IL
5/14 (or 19) Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
(maybe) 5/15 TD Garden, Boston, MA (or 5/16 XL Center, Hartford, CT)
5/17 TD Garden, Boston, MA (or 5/18 XL Center, Hartford, CT)
5/19 (or 30) Verizon Center, Washington, DC
5/21 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
5/24 Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
5/27 Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
5/30 (or 6/5) Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
6/1 American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL
(maybe) 6/(5 or) 6 American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
6/8 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
6/10 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/12 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/14 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
6/29 Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, UK
7/6 Barclayscard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park, London, UK
7/13 Barclayscard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park, London, UK
(maybe) 7/20 or 27 Plains of Abraham, Quebec City, QC

Revised

5/2 KeyArena, Seattle, WA
5/4 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
5/6 Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA
(maybe) 5/14 (or 19) Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON (or Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA)
and/or
(maybe) 5/16 Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA (or 5/15 TD Garden, Boston, MA)
5/18 XL Center, Hartford, CT (or 5/17 TD Garden, Boston, MA)
5/30 (or 19) Verizon Center, Washington, DC
(maybe) 6/4 (or 5/30) Time Warner Cable Center, Charlotte, NC or 6/5 (or 5/30) Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
and/or
(maybe) 6/6 AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX or American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
6/(10 or) 11 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/(12 or) 13 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
6/15 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV (or 6/14 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA)

[phantasytour.com]

Looks like Vancouver's on the bubble

This was linked from Doug's, the guy claims he got it from AEG Live (not the best spellers, eh) and Slovenia ? Huh... anyway : [www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-02 17:55 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:51

drbryant
Hyde park has pretty poor sight lines. If you are 170 or taller, you'll be OK. Anyone smaller than that should either do the golden circle or accept the fact that you are attending an event and just relax and enjoy the screens.

Except it won't be the usual Hyde Park stage, but a new one (the Great Oak stage) and the capacity will be "only" 65,000. So the view might be marginally better. Even so, there's no way anyone - even at the front of any diamond or gold circle - will be able to get as close as in the pit last year.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:54

gotdablouse
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny
Looks like the OP nicked his "information" from a jamband fan forum, and reposted it sans caveat.

speculation...

Revised

(maybe) 5/14 (or 19) Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON (or Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA)
and/or
(maybe) 5/16 Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh, PA (or 5/15 TD Garden, Boston, MA)
(maybe) 6/4 (or 5/30) Time Warner Cable Center, Charlotte, NC or 6/5 (or 5/30) Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
and/or
(maybe) 6/6 AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX or American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
6/15 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV (or 6/14 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA)

[phantasytour.com]

This was linked from Doug's, the guy claims he got it from AEG Live (not the best spellers, eh) [www.facebook.com]

Looks as though Vancouver's bubble may in fact have been burst...Franca Slavko can't be pleased they didn't blot out his email.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:55

gotdablouse
treaclefingers
bye bye johnny

speculation...

Revised

and/or
and/or

[phantasytour.com]

This was linked from Doug's, the guy claims he got it from AEG Live (not the best spellers, eh) [www.facebook.com]

Is that 3 July a typo?? 3 instead of 13??

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:56

paulywaul
chriseganstar
paulywaul
Have we considered for a moment that tomorrow's announcement might be nothing more than them saying they have nothing particular to tell us at this moment in time, and furthermore ......... that it has been brought to their attention that the TELL Me message board on IORR.ORG is failing in its duty to fill up this particular thread with 50 (and counting) pages of pure bollocks, one of each of their years in the business to date ?

This is very disappointing people .... we need to improve, and do so immediately !!

Who knows nothing ? You ? Excellent, well don't keep it to yourself, selfish idle bastard ..... POST IT HERE !!
Well, for what it's worth, I know something about nothing, but nothing of note about something that someone might know about.

Well that makes two of us at least then, that know nothing of any worth or significance. I mean to say, I DO actually know that they will be playing Glastonbury on 29th June, but this neither of any great value nor of significance. Why ? Because (a) it's going to piss down with rain like it ALWAYS does and f**k it all up for everybody, and (b) I ain't gonna be there anyway. And that's about it really.

So how's THAT for real actual news, not an unsubstantiated rumour or malicious gossip ?

Well I am glad we are on the same page here Paulywaul!

Date: April 2, 2013 17:57

Beast
drbryant

Except it won't be the usual Hyde Park stage, but a new one (the Great Oak stage) and the capacity will be "only" 65,000. So the view might be marginally better. Even so, there's no way anyone - even at the front of any diamond or gold circle - will be able to get as close as in the pit last year.

But you will get closer than a GA Ticket.
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home