Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour - announcement Wednesday
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 2, 2013 20:00

Great to see Atlanta on the list, looks like I will try and get tickets for that one. Miami and Charlotte trips might be possible too.

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: April 2, 2013 20:00

spunky
When will the ticket sale start for the Hyde Park shows?
Nobody knows yet, but i guess if it's announced tomorrow then probably friday or saturday?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 2, 2013 20:01

The Rolling Stones are promising Satisfaction – in Toronto?

Brad Wheeler
The Globe and Mail
Last updated Tuesday, Apr. 02 2013, 11:42 AM EDT

If you start them up, they’ll never stop. The Rolling Stones, who gave five concerts late last year at the O2 in London, Barclays Center in Brooklyn and Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., have set up billboards in Toronto and other North American cities trumpeting a tour announcement to come this week.

Placed along the Gardiner Expressway, the three giant ads in Toronto feature the band’s iconic lips-and-tongue logo and a song title – Satisfaction, for example – coupled with “Wednesday,” a reference to the date of the tour announcement.

The Start Me Up campaign began over the weekend, with a note from the band’s official Twitter account. The tweet included a sample of the billboard art.

The Stones are expected to announce a tour of 18 cities, with concerts taking place this summer. A rare festival appearance, at Glastonbury (June 28-30), is already booked for a band that continues to celebrate its 50th anniversary.

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

Date: April 2, 2013 20:05

RSbestbandever
Great to see Atlanta on the list, looks like I will try and get tickets for that one. Miami and Charlotte trips might be possible too.

That "list" was rubbished soon after it made the rounds yesterday.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 2, 2013 20:09

sarahunwin

Hi Beast!!How are you? Gonna come over to SF for the shows?
ox

And hi to you, too! Would certainly LERVE to do that - but May is not looking good for me, so here's crossing fingers that any SF dates might be in June!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 2, 2013 20:09

bye bye johnny

The Start Me Up campaign began over the weekend, with a note from the band’s official Twitter account. The tweet included a sample of the billboard art.

Art?

This isn't art - more like a bumper sticker. Ronnie creates art.

Re: Hyde Park
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 2, 2013 20:43

paulywaul
GumbootCloggeroo
Harm
I called the St.Giles Hotel....no Rolling Stones bookings for the rumoured dates in July
I love how you called a hotel expecting them to tell you that The Stones will be staying there. Hilarious.

What the hell is the story with this St Giles hotel. An overpriced rabbit hutch in a shite part of London ? It's not as if there aren't 50 million better places to stay, I've never understood what the attraction of the St Giles is ? Whatever !
I thought it was quite obvious that it was a joke...

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 2, 2013 20:57

bv
The North American Tour will be announced tomorrow Wednesday. Cites they will be performing at has been mentioned here already. Also, they will play 3 UK dates, including Glastonbury + two Hyde Park dates. Total of approx 20 shows this summer. This has been said many times here in the past. Please ignore those who post misleading info contradicting these simple facts.

Am I reading too much into bv's message? His use of the word "already" could be interpreted to mean that the cities already mentioned are it, period. No more cities will be added?

Hey bv, can you clarify?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 2, 2013 21:10

We just try to reach pagenumber 50 before announcement date.... - just one page missing smileys with beer

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: April 2, 2013 21:11

any one know what europian time it will be?

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: April 2, 2013 21:24

Cocaine Eyes
Grison
Cocaine Eyes
They are in LA rehearsing. I'd bet the announcement will be pre-recorded by Mick and Keith. I'd bet they announce all of the 2013 dates, including Hyde Park.

This will air at 12 noon in NYC, Toronto, etc.

Tickets should go on sale by Friday of this week, I'd say.

smoking smiley

*Now where will the rehearsal gig be?*

Agree on that, but I am sure there will be a Presale on rs.com as in October.

Oh yes, possibly. I'd forgotten about that! tongue sticking out smiley

AND FOR PEOPLE WORRYING ABOUT THE TIME OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.......12 NOON IN NYC, TORONTO, ETC. 12 NOON EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME!

I heard someone say they thought about doing a thing at Union Station...so not something recorded; anyone got info?
Whatever the location my first guess would be an in person announcement because of the much better impression that would make. At the same time that would generate lots of questions about ticket prices...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 2, 2013 21:33

backofmyhand

12 noon NYC is 6 hours behind Germany (in my case).

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: April 2, 2013 21:37

Hyde Park announcement tomorrow.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 2, 2013 21:41

Beast
sarahunwin

Hi Beast!!How are you? Gonna come over to SF for the shows?
ox

And hi to you, too! Would certainly LERVE to do that - but May is not looking good for me, so here's crossing fingers that any SF dates might be in June!

There's always LA and Vegas..... here's hoping!

Date: April 2, 2013 21:43

TooTough
backofmyhand

Announcement's at 9AM EST, according to the message Stones Archive sent their mailing list today:

Be sure to go to RollingStones.com on Wednesday, April 3rd at 9AM EST for a very special message from The Rolling Stones. Keep your eye out for GRRRegory the GRRRilla's tweets over the next few days - [twitter.com].

Gregory the GRRilla

Thank You,

www.StonesArchive.com

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 2, 2013 21:53

So we will sit in front of your Android, Labtops, Notebooks, whatever electronical device we have and wait for the announcement.

And as BV said, hold your credit Cards and think twice are much depth it's worth grinning smiley for it's only Rock and Roll but we like it.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 2, 2013 22:01

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Grison
Cocaine Eyes
They are in LA rehearsing. I'd bet the announcement will be pre-recorded by Mick and Keith. I'd bet they announce all of the 2013 dates, including Hyde Park.

smoking smiley

AND FOR PEOPLE WORRYING ABOUT THE TIME OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.......12 NOON IN NYC, TORONTO, ETC. 12 NOON EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME!

I heard someone say they thought about doing a thing at Union Station...so not something recorded; anyone got info?
Whatever the location my first guess would be an in person announcement because of the much better impression that would make. At the same time that would generate lots of questions about ticket prices...

Union Station would be very cool indeed. The only problem with that is the weather in Toronto. It's cold and still very much winter. But.....inside Union Station would be warm and cosy.

Union Station is also close to the Gardiner Expressway, Lakeshore Boulevard for an easy escape. It's also fairly close to the Island Airport.

Keith likes using the Island Airport (I still call it that after so many years!) and it would be an easy hop, skip and jump from NYC. (The Island Airport is now called the Billy Bishop Airport!).

Patience please.......it's almost Wednesday!

smoking smiley

Date: April 2, 2013 22:04

bye bye johnny
TooTough
backofmyhand

Announcement's at 9AM EST, according to the message Stones Archive sent their mailing list today:

Be sure to go to RollingStones.com on Wednesday, April 3rd at 9AM EST for a very special message from The Rolling Stones. Keep your eye out for GRRRegory the GRRRilla's tweets over the next few days - [twitter.com].

Gregory the GRRilla

Thank You,

www.StonesArchive.com

Thank you!! cool smiley

Date: April 2, 2013 22:12

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Grison
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

Union Station would be very cool indeed. The only problem with that is the weather in Toronto. It's cold and still very much winter. But.....inside Union Station would be warm and cosy.

Union Station is also close to the Gardiner Expressway, Lakeshore Boulevard for an easy escape. It's also fairly close to the Island Airport.

Keith likes using the Island Airport (I still call it that after so many years!) and it would be an easy hop, skip and jump from NYC. (The Island Airport is now called the Billy Bishop Airport!).

smoking smiley

Not Toronto: Union Station L.A.!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 2, 2013 22:12

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Grison
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

smoking smiley
Cocaine Eyes, you're making The Stones look bad with all this cold weather talk. Come on. People can still function in colder weather. Since when are The Stones this precious unit that cannot be exposed to cold temperatures whatsoever or else they'll freeze to death or catch a cold and die. That's silly. We're talking about making an announcement not running a marathon in the nude.
P.S. There's also a Union Station in LA...

Date: April 2, 2013 22:14

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Grison
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

smoking smiley

Ooooooooooooooooh, OK then!! grinning smiley But would they do another train station after having done one for Steel Wheels?

smoking smiley

Date: April 2, 2013 22:19

GumbootCloggeroo
Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Grison
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

smoking smiley
Cocaine Eyes, you're making The Stones look bad with all this cold weather talk. Come on. People can still function in colder weather. Since when are The Stones this precious unit that cannot be exposed to cold temperatures whatsoever or else they'll freeze to death or catch a cold and die. That's silly. We're talking about making an announcement not running a marathon in the nude.
P.S. There's also a Union Station in LA...

Many apologies! But have pity on me.....I'm waaaaay up north in Muskoka where the winds are howling, the blizzards are blizzarding and we've got snow squalls everywhere.

I must say though, it's really pretty and peaceful!!

I recall Jagger doing a video shoot in a studio on Toronto's Mercer Street many years ago and it was January. All he did was complain to Miranda Guinness about how he needed a warm scarf to keep his neck from getting a chill!! He griped during the entire video shoot!! (I was freezing as well, though).

Date: April 2, 2013 22:24

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Grison
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

smoking smiley

Ooooooooooooooooh, OK then!! grinning smiley But would they do another train station after having done one for Steel Wheels?

smoking smiley

L'histoire se repete...?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 2, 2013 22:26

Cocaine Eyes
I recall Jagger doing a video shoot in a studio on Toronto's Mercer Street many years ago and it was January. All he did was complain to Miranda Guinness about how he needed a warm scarf to keep his neck from getting a chill!! He griped during the entire video shoot!! (I was freezing as well, though).
If Sir Mick isn't properly dressed for winter then that's his own damn fault smiling smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 2, 2013 22:28

corriecas
DoomandGloom
Bummed there are no stadium shows for New York.. I guess we got our share but only one MSG show does not bode well for me...

i feeeeel for you.
Jeroen
Oh for f***'s sake.. You should! Meanwhile how does it make sense they can't afford a big stage when concerts at Yankee Stadium could fit 60,000 people? Do four or five around the country there's more money in that than arenas and more people get to see them. So yeah I'm disappointed my best chance will be Philly or Boston, makes my life hell, I live in New York to avoid other cities.

Date: April 2, 2013 22:30

L'histoire se repete...?

Ah oui.....c'est possible....eye popping smiley

Date: April 2, 2013 22:33

If Sir Mick isn't properly dressed for winter then that's his own damn fault

Agreed! He was also griping about his guitar getting cold in the car while he was having dinner at Winston's prior to the video shoot.

Maybe he was having a bad night??

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 2, 2013 22:36

Is Muskoka anywhere near Luckenbach ?

Date: April 2, 2013 22:39

Cocaine Eyes
L'histoire se repete...?

Ah oui.....c'est possible....eye popping smiley

I dunno. It was something from about a week ago.
I'm surprised there aren't any others on this site with info about what to expect tomorrow...

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 2, 2013 23:08

Damn I was at Union Station in LA yesterday - lol! Now back in SF

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home