Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556Next
Current Page: 51 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour - announcement Wednesday
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 3, 2013 03:15

Very sorry Pauly W and Gazza...didn't mean to lumber you.

I've gotten 53 calls today from California, London and New York because lotta billboards up in LA today and creating a frenzy...told callers to join IORR for further info. AFTER April 3. Put my phone on to take messages only.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 3, 2013 03:20

Well when you see Bon Jovi charging £65 for GA at Hyde Park, £95 doesn't sound too bad for the Stones...but of course it's a festival and there are several other acts of (more?) interest on the bill with BJ, will it be the case for the Stones too?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 3, 2013 03:24

Rolling Stones' Big Announcement: 5 Reasons to Care

By David Bauder, The Associated Press | April 02, 2013

Before the legendary band announces its (likely) tour, five reasons why they should start it up again.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Rolling Stones.

With Wednesday's expected announcement of a new Stones tour, those words will again signal the start of a rock `n' roll show. Young music fans may wonder why there's still a fuss over dad's, or grandpa's, favorite band. Here are five reasons to care.

1. LIVING HISTORY: Elvis Presley is dead. The Beatles will never perform again. The Who is down to two originals. Membership of rock's Greatest Generation is fading. The Stones, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney are links to a special time in music history, and you can still see them in concert. If the Stones' form of classic rock moves you, it's hard to conceive of a band today building such an impressive catalog in the same style. Fashion, and the business, has moved on.

2. LIVE BAND: They'll never admit it, but deep down the Stones surely know they haven't made memorable new music in decades. They have, however, kept their chops and deliver the songs you want to hear with power and precision. You can't find a better Stones tribute band. The Stones are fully aware of their best work; you won't hear a flabby show. The past few times out, it has been more than greatest hits performed on autopilot.

3. KEITH RICHARDS: There was a time, kids, when Keith was a menace to society, a walking advertisement of the evils of drugs. Now he's a beloved figure, humanized by one of rock's best biographies and the model for Johnny Depp's Capt. Jack Sparrow character in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series. He's your cool, crazy uncle. He plays a pretty decent guitar, too.

4. CHARLIE'S FACE: There's no better facial expression in rock `n' roll than the bemused one worn by drummer Charlie Watts as he takes in the madness around him. Watch Watts when Mick Jagger does a particularly audacious chicken strut.

5. THE LAST TIME: We'll be surprised if this is labeled as some sort of retirement tour; they've been subjected to so many age jokes over the years that the topic itself is old. And these men are in surprisingly good shape for the years of hard living. But Richards and Jagger are 69, and Watts will be 72 in June. Reality is catching up. Probably even before they expect it, they'll be singing "The Last Time" for the last time.

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: April 3, 2013 04:01

funny thanks for posting that BBJ

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 3, 2013 04:17

Dat Monkey [twitter.com]

Date: April 3, 2013 04:18

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 3, 2013 04:20

Anyone know what time the announcement will be?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 3, 2013 04:29

latebloomer
gotdablouse
DoomandGloom
I've just caught on.. This is all conjecture as far as dates and locations... It is impossible they won't play stadiums during good weather. It's 5 times the people in the audience, a stage is a small issue. There have to be companies that have extraordinary ones ready, stick some lips on it, if Chuck is on it it's decorated.

Well it's been said before but they DO NOT have a stadium stage ready to go and apparently don't want to spend cash on it, guess they don't feel they need to bother...

I still think it has as much to do with their comfort level as the cost of a stadium stage. Keith has talked and written about the dubious joys of playing outside, where God joins them..in other word's where they have no control over the weather, and that was when they were a lot younger. I would guess that for some of them at least, part of the deal with touring was that they stay inside where they can be protected from the elements and at their ages I don't blame them for that. The outside venues across the pond are one offs, as the Brits like to say.
That's proof they are not doing it for the money alone. They could play one football stadium and sell 100,000 seats, that's like 4 Madison Square Garden dates. Of course money is always some factor, they have many children and wives. Further proof would be the addition of Mick Taylor but I'm afraid these gigs are too soon for him to have a decent roll. Of course he'll tag along for his one song if that's what he's called to do.. We'll see tomorrow...

Date: April 3, 2013 04:33

Wuudy
I bet 9:00 EST.... but keep your eyes on twitter

I bet because the monkey said 12 hours to go, a 1/2 hour ago... but it could be an estimate

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 04:35

Toronto...couldn't resist...I must be a true fan...LOL

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: April 3, 2013 04:44

JiminNB
My Sources suggesting:

2 May Vancouver
4 May LA
7 May LA
10 May San Fransico
14 May Las Vegas
17 May Denver
19 May Houston
21 May Jacksonville
24 May Chicago
27 May Chicago
29 May Toronto
1 June Toronto
3 June Montreal
5 June Boston
8 June Boston
11 June Philadelphia
14 June New York City
16 June New York City

30 June Glastonbury

6 & 13 July Hyde Park

Houston and Jacksonville make no sense. They're rock'n'roll backwaters. Yes, I know Houston is a large city but c'mon. Even Denver is a stretch. Guess we'll find out soon.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 05:15

Dang...I thought a summer outdoor concert on the Plains of Abraham (Quebec) would have been brilliant (where did I read that?)...

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 3, 2013 05:27

If those dates are right, they suck because very few of those shows are on Saturdays. It's hard to get time off from work with such short notice if you work Monday thru Friday.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 3, 2013 05:57

stonesrule
Very sorry Pauly W and Gazza...didn't mean to lumber you.

I've gotten 53 calls today from California, London and New York because lotta billboards up in LA today and creating a frenzy...told callers to join IORR for further info. AFTER April 3. Put my phone on to take messages only.

LOL!

Rock on

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: April 3, 2013 06:17

Wuudy

6 AM west coast time

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 3, 2013 06:23

Bring back the 1975 stage! lol

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 3, 2013 06:24

is the announcement televised?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: April 3, 2013 07:48

Saw this posted over at Rocks Off and had a good laugh.
angelo misterioso
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You
Bastards

Re: At last - it's the Rolling Stones Tour 2013...
Reply #134 - Today at 12:06pm

A friend of mine met Bill Wyman at his exhibition here's the chat he had with him:

6.45pm to 8.30pm was the closing party for 'Bill Wyman---Reworked' at Rook And Raven Gallery,7 Rathbone Place,London W1.
As expected the closing night did not have the buzz of that amazing opening night i went to on 26 Feb which was attended by Bill Wyman and family,Mick Hucknall,Chris Rea,Mitch Winehouse,legendary photographer Terry -'Neill,Mark Knopfler,Twiggy,Pattie Boyd and random sightings of two football managers with Roy Hodgson(England) and Alan Pardew(Newcastle United).
Complimentary beers here for all.
Bill Wyman and his wife are here.Last time he was busy with celeb friends and photographers but tonight is much more relaxed as he signs stuff and poses for photos.
We have a nice few words with him too.
Us--'Will you be joining The Stones at Glastonbury?'
Bill--'I will 100% per cent be playing Glastonbury'
Us--'That will be great'
Bill---'Not with The Stones but I will be playing with The Rhythm Kings'
Us---'You still a bit peeved The Stones only asked you to join them for two songs at The 02 Arena gigs?'
Bill---Yep i should been involved a bit more'.
Us---'Would you play with them at Glastonbury if they asked?'.
Bill---'Not bothered,they can @#$%& off'.
Exhibition continues to 30 March 2013.
www.rookandraven.co.uk

[www.raysgigs.com]

See ya

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 3, 2013 08:20

What a beautiful day!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 3, 2013 08:59

Ja, het is en wordt een mooie dag Harm.

Wellicht wel mooier rond Drie uur !!

Jeroen

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 3, 2013 09:14

sweetcharmedlife
eye rolling smiley
paulywaul
sarahunwin
FOR GOD'S SAKE EVERYONE STOP POSTING RIGHT NOW! WE HAVE REACHED 50 PAGES OF NOTHING ABOUT AN ANNOUNCEMENT AND IF WE GET TO PAGE 51 THEY MAY CANCEL THE WHOLE TOUR! AND IT WILL ALL BE FOR NOTHING smiling smiley

Quite right too Madam ............. !! cool smiley

Isn't it fantastic ? 50 pages of pure nonsense and unsubstantiated bollocks, barely a hard fact in there anywhere, apart from the relatively recent confirmation of the Glastonbury appearance !! We're geniuses - all of us !! Well .... either that, or else perhaps we're very sick puppies ? winking smiley
I vote for sick puppies.

Me too !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: April 3, 2013 09:40

Exclusive: Rolling Stones Will Kick off 18 Date US Tour In Los Angeles

04/02/13 10:16pm Roger Friedman1

EXCLUSIVE: Tomorrow morning comes the official announcement of the Rolling Stones US tour. I can tell you that the tour of arenas will kick off not in Canada, as we originally thought. But the real start is at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, for possibly two shows. The exact date won’t be announced tomorrow morning pending the Staples center sports schedule. But it will be in the first week of May.

Then the tour hits the 18 biggest US markets– San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Memphis, etc. No New York dates are included since no deal has been done yet there by AEG Live. Also the Stones may have saturated that market last winter.

Not announced also tomorrow are the dates I told you about at London’s Hyde Park– likely July 6th and 13th. But May and June are Stones America all the way.

[www.showbiz411.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 3, 2013 09:51

triplelicks
Exclusive: Rolling Stones Will Kick off 18 Date US Tour In Los Angeles

04/02/13 10:16pm Roger Friedman1

EXCLUSIVE: Tomorrow morning comes the official announcement of the Rolling Stones US tour. I can tell you that the tour of arenas will kick off not in Canada, as we originally thought. But the real start is at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, for possibly two shows. The exact date won’t be announced tomorrow morning pending the Staples center sports schedule. But it will be in the first week of May.

Then the tour hits the 18 biggest US markets– San Francisco, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Memphis, etc. No New York dates are included since no deal has been done yet there by AEG Live. Also the Stones may have saturated that market last winter.

Not announced also tomorrow are the dates I told you about at London’s Hyde Park– likely July 6th and 13th. But May and June are Stones America all the way.

[www.showbiz411.com]

If 3 Arena shows on the East Coast are too much for Stones fans - then there are not many left.
I guess Bruce Springsteen could play 3 Arena shows on the East Coast without saturating his market yawning smiley))

Date: April 3, 2013 10:58

Maybe they had $ in mind...as in fans have run out of $ to spend on the Stones!

So no specific date for LA and no mention of HP today according to that dude? That sucks...and doesn't make sense for LA, would look pretty amateurish, no?

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 11:05

Now says 5 hours and counting, i.e. 9am NY time.
Maybe this will only be announcing the US dates?

I think Londoners can reasonably assume those weekends in July already mentioned.
Kind of hoping they will also be listed today, though, to help the summer planning.

Lee

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 11:08

gotdablouse
So no specific date for LA and no mention of HP today according to that dude? That sucks...and doesn't make sense for LA, would look pretty amateurish, no?

That news arricle sounds amateurish. I bet that the one who wrote that doesn't KNOW what will or will not be announced today. It states that the tour will start there, and since it should(??) start in about 4 weeks from now, it doesn't make sence that they would announce all dates except of the first one.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 3, 2013 11:10

Could be Hyde Park will be announced on Planet Rock at 3 pm UK time:

[www.planetrock.com]

Date: April 3, 2013 11:33

Yeah and the FB page of the HP festival (organized by AEG)has a big announcement lined up for today...now I know they still have 9 headliners to announce but it does sound like a bit of a coincidence that they have big news for today like the Stones! My guess is the info will be made available at 2PM London Time with the rest of the Stones announcement and Planet Rock will had a recorded blurb to play after that...

They do have a lot lined up for the 5th, £65 for BJ alone didn't make sense ;-) I wonder if there will be so many acts for the Stones...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-03 11:34 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 3, 2013 13:23

LESS THAN 3 HOURS AND COUNTING.....

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: April 3, 2013 13:30

Grrrrrr, I´m so hottt....... for it...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556Next
Current Page: 51 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users