Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 28, 2013 00:44

Karlos123
Glastonbury is rumored to make an announcement tonight as well...so let's hope they will not just announce their Glasto appearance.

First time I'm not happy to have been right. :-( Bring on Hyde Park dammit!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 28, 2013 01:06

marclaff
Bjornulf, it's time to update the 2013's events :
- Glastonbury (06/29) = official
- Hyde Park (07/06) = rumoured
- MGM Vegas (06/08) = rumoured...

By the way, on the june 29th, i'll be in Paris Stade de France to see Bruuuce!

Hey that's right, me too, so no regrets, maybe we'll get to meet at last, PELOR for you too ? ;-)

Anyway, things are falling into place for the Stones, let's keep the news coming guys!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 28, 2013 01:08

Harm
That's it?

They're using the drip system.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: March 28, 2013 01:22

Been to Glastonbury 15 times when I was a lot younger, but not returned since 2003. Would have been nice to see the Stones there, but I'm happy to watch this on TV as long as they play Hyde Park.

I remember being well pissed off about missing The Who when they did Glasto a few years back. As it turned out, I saw them on TV, where it quickly became obvious the rain was pouring down...and then caught them a couple of nights later at Wembley Arena for an absolutely great gig. If the same scenario unfolds this year for the Stones, I won't be too bothered. Given the awful weather we've had in Blighty over the past couple of years, I wouldn't be overly surprised....

Lee

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 28, 2013 01:36

More than 200 quid for a festival ticket? Poor parents. It's a festival for rich kids then.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: March 28, 2013 02:08

Stoneage
More than 200 quid for a festival ticket? Poor parents. It's a festival for rich kids then.

More than 200 quid for a three day festival is expensive.

However, remind me again, how much were the top price tickets for the two hour Stones O2 gig in 2012?

Let alone £450 to see Streisand at the same 'intimate' venue....

Lee

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: March 28, 2013 03:43

Stoneage

But Glastonbury is a five day festival if you want it to be. Campsite opens on Wednesday morning, and there's loads on around the site Wednesday and Thursday. So £40 a day. Hard to get better value than that these days.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 28, 2013 08:01

uhbuhgullayew
Harm
That's it?

They're using the drip system.

Yes, this is their new strategy...to make people think this is their last chance to see them so to keep prices high. I wouldn't be surprised if later this year we will see them all over Europe
But it works........38 pages and no news

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-28 12:15 by Harm.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: March 28, 2013 09:02

A new dimension of fan put-on. Anounce a concert thats allready sold out.
Much fun with the boys.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 28, 2013 09:15

It is obviously a PR strategy they decided to use. And it surely works on a lot of people, but it might have exactly the opposite effect on others.

Half a year ago I was really excited and sure I would travel quite far to see them. Not overseas, but further than I am willing to travel to see other acts I love. Now I am not excited anymore. If they played reasonably close, for at least a bit resonable price, I would go of course. If not, then fine. One can not keep the excitement level high forever. After those November/December shows, it was really high, but now, 5 months later, all the exciting news is one sold-out five days festival. I am sure some people are excited about it, but I am not and I am sure it has the same effect on many others. This "once in a lifetime" strategy just doesn't do it for me. Just sayin'

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: March 28, 2013 09:32

Which day are they playing?
And do you think it´s possible to get a ticket if one shows up at that day? That is always possible when they play the stadium shows, but I don´t know much about the festival.....

Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 28, 2013 10:35

The owner of the farm and festival founder was interviewed on BBC Radio 4 this morning. His families reaction on hearing confirmation yesterday that Stones coming - "We all hugged and jumped for joy. Just like winning the World Cup".
He was asked about the fee. A set sliding scale paid - headliners most etc. He said that meant he will get the Stones at approximately 10% of their normal fee. Refused to elaborate.
A very happy man on all fronts indeed. Unlike me and nearly all of us on IORR!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-28 10:38 by belld.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 28, 2013 12:34

I wonder when we will get more official news about , hopefully Hyde Park, or the Olympic shows.

Jeroen

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 28, 2013 14:21

The line-up of the fiets day british summer time festival is announced. Bush, keizer Chiefs and Bon Jovi. Now they may can announce the 2nd date, july 6, with the Stones headlining.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 28, 2013 14:32

corriecas
I wonder when we will get more official news about , hopefully Hyde Park, or the Olympic shows.

Jeroen

Yes you have been wondering about that every day the last couple of weeks.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 28, 2013 14:49

JumpinJeppeFlash
corriecas

Jeroen

Me to, but for the US shows. I can't book a vessel for Bill so he makes it for the US shows this time if the boys decide so late where and when to play winking smileyeye popping smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 28, 2013 15:28

JumpinJeppeFlash
corriecas

Jeroen

No, since everyday of the summer of 1960

jeroen

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: March 28, 2013 16:26

Tour dates won't be announced until this thread reaches 50 (& counting...) pages, so keep on posting people!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 28, 2013 16:31

Christos
Tour dates won't be announced until this thread reaches 50 (& counting...) pages, so keep on posting people!

We try to hard, but it seems that Paulywaul doesn't want to make his announcements anymore and I just can't keep up during Easter Holidays. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: atip ()
Date: March 28, 2013 16:58

Glastonbury is not for me. I'm too old for that crowd.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 28, 2013 17:53

BV - where is the 2013 tour page?

Now there is one confirmed consert and several rumoured.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 28, 2013 18:21

andrewt
Actually it's pretty much playing out as expected.
Sounds like most major markets in the US and Canada will be covered off with a couple of UK dates.

So that sounds like LA, Vegas, SF, Chicago, Toronto, Boston, NYC, Philadelphia & perhaps Atlanta, something like that.

They really only need 3-4 weeks of rehearsal because let's face it 80% of the set is a given and they only need to brush up on those songs.

Given that we know rehearsals start sometime in April we can deduce the itinerary will most likely be announced in late March or by early April at the latest.

We know tickets will be very expensive so it's safe to say anyone willing to take the plunge financially should be able to get tickets to the show of their choice.

At the risk of being flamed I'd like to remind y'all that I figured this out on page 16 of this thread using only the information from this board. If you have been following the last 18 or so pages, just admit you do it because it's amusing and quite possibly even entertaining.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: March 28, 2013 18:39

We all just have to wait it out, I presume next week if the tour is to start May 2nd in Vancover, Canada.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2013 21:19

daytime
We all just have to wait it out, I presume next week if the tour is to start May 2nd in Vancover, Canada.

Good lord, I've saved no money up for this. Why couldn't they have warned us this was coming?!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 28, 2013 21:29

treaclefingers
daytime

Good lord, I've saved no money up for this. Why couldn't they have warned us this was coming?!

longtime fans who have suffered mightily through the lean and fruitless years will be able to walk in for free after identifying themselves and showing their credentials. but, just to be sure, a semi-automatic weapon should be included in your provisions.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 28, 2013 21:40

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
daytime

longtime fans who have suffered mightily through the lean and fruitless years will be able to walk in for free after identifying themselves and showing their credentials. but, just to be sure, a semi-automatic weapon should be included in your provisions.

I generally don't leave home without one! Thanks for the update!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 28, 2013 22:12

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
daytime

I generally don't leave home without one! Thanks for the update!

i just hope they're firing on all....you know...i mean the stones and their cylinders, of course...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 28, 2013 23:16

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
daytime

Do the "Moonwalk" backwards past the gate usually works as well.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: March 28, 2013 23:34

As soon as I found out it was offical my pants dropped to my ankles and my palms went against the wall.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 28, 2013 23:36

MisterO
As soon as I found out it was offical my pants dropped to my ankles and my palms went against the wall.

Please.....TMI

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home