Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 56
Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 28, 2013 23:50

The 1st June date at Twickenham Stadium has now been confirmed as something else so you can strike that one.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 28, 2013 23:57

Green Lady
The 1st June date at Twickenham Stadium has now been confirmed as something else so you can strike that one.

That's good news

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 29, 2013 00:26

andrewt
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
daytime
We all just have to wait it out, I presume next week if the tour is to start May 2nd in Vancover, Canada.

Good lord, I've saved no money up for this. Why couldn't they have warned us this was coming?!

longtime fans who have suffered mightily through the lean and fruitless years will be able to walk in for free after identifying themselves and showing their credentials. but, just to be sure, a semi-automatic weapon should be included in your provisions.

Do the "Moonwalk" backwards past the gate usually works as well.

The moonwalk backwards, is that just like walking (forwards)?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 29, 2013 04:24

Stones at Glastonbury? I would love to attend one of the UK festivals but not that one. Everytime I see highlights from Glasto on TV here it looks to either be raining or just had rained....plus what the F&^k is up with all the flags. With my luck I'd be stuck behind someone waving a flag and blocking my view.

Saw an advance lineup for Lollapalooza in Chicago and no Stones there.

Posted by: Bobbarnett ()
Date: March 29, 2013 05:44

Let me know re West Coast USA rumors.
Hope they go N of SF to Seattle or Vancouver

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 29, 2013 06:57

buffalo7478
Stones at Glastonbury? I would love to attend one of the UK festivals but not that one. Everytime I see highlights from Glasto on TV here it looks to either be raining or just had rained .... plus what the F&^k is up with all the flags. With my luck I'd be stuck behind someone waving a flag and blocking my view.

Saw an advance lineup for Lollapalooza in Chicago and no Stones there.

Yep, don't do rain myself, f**k THAT !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 29, 2013 07:02

Very good media attraction and interesting bands performing.....

but not the thing you like to have concerning a special Rolling Stones Show

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 29, 2013 08:18

Let it drip again please

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: March 29, 2013 11:06

Doing Glastonbury is a milestone for the Stones (for any performer, really) so it's not a matter whether we have tickets or not, whether it's expensive or not, whether it rains or not. Glastonbury does not have the Stones fans in mind. It's something for the band themselves and also a surprise reward for the festival fanatics who bought tickets early in order to ensure a Glastonbury experience, regardless of the line-up. It doesn't all have to be about us, Stones fans. We can live with that, can't we? Especially when we know there will be more dates announced sooner or later.

Date: March 29, 2013 11:23

Christos
Doing Glastonbury is a milestone for the Stones (for any performer, really) so it's not a matter whether we have tickets or not, whether it's expensive or not, whether it rains or not. Glastonbury does not have the Stones fans in mind. It's something for the band themselves and also a surprise reward for the festival fanatics who bought tickets early in order to ensure a Glastonbury experience, regardless of the line-up. It doesn't all have to be about us, Stones fans. We can live with that, can't we? Especially when we know there will be more dates announced sooner or later.

Exactly !! thumbs up

Date: March 29, 2013 11:29

Come on people .... help me out here. I can't be solely responsible for spinning this thread out to at least 50 pages (and counting) of purest nonsense - in which each and every scintillating page contains the latest definitive updated news on (a) who doesn't know what, and (b) what hasn't been announced !! winking smiley

I bloody well hope the Rolling Stones don't go and f**k it all up by enlightening us about their plans before this milestone is reached ........ cool smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 29, 2013 11:55

yeah, great the Stones gonna play Glastonbury , indeed. I think there is a good chance that Bill will join them, as he is also playing at the festival.

jeroen

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: March 29, 2013 12:07

They just posted "5 days and counting" on facebook!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 29, 2013 12:07

5 days and counting...

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 29, 2013 12:08

What's this 5 days and counting on FB and twitter ?

New dates ?

Date: March 29, 2013 12:17

Or.... start of the rehearsals, after Easter. Or..........the Announcement of new dates.

jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2013 12:25

Why would they announce the beginning of the rehearsals ? Has to be new dates, or more likely the full itinerary...Wednesday 03/04/2013 then, anyway pics or it never happened !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-29 12:27 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 29, 2013 12:59

Zegut said yesterday: "la rentrée 2013 sera chaude" speaking of McCartney, Stevie Wonder and the Stones... So probably something in France as well, later in the year... smiling smiley

Date: March 29, 2013 13:01

i dont have much confidence in this Zegut.
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-29 13:02 by corriecas.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2013 13:17

I do, without him I would have never made it to the rehearsals in Bondy (he broke the Omerta, somewhat at least) and then to the Trabendo...wow my life (at least as a fan) would have been different !

@Sister Marie - yes there are some exciting rumours about Bercy making the rounds but I doubt we'll get any confirmation (if ever it happens) before the summer, the "5 days and counting" teasing has to be for the US Tour and/or the Hyde Park dates.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: March 29, 2013 13:28

Same feelings as you, gotdablouse.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 29, 2013 14:10

BowieStone
5 days and counting...

Yeah, what's that all about - the announcement of the 2013 tour?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 29, 2013 14:13

paulywaul
Come on people .... help me out here. I can't be solely responsible for spinning this thread out to at least 50 pages (and counting) of purest nonsense - in which each and every scintillating page contains the latest definitive updated news on (a) who doesn't know what, and (b) what hasn't been announced !! winking smiley

I bloody well hope the Rolling Stones don't go and f**k it all up by enlightening us about their plans before this milestone is reached ........ cool smiley
Paulywaul I do my best to fill the pages, but I was missing you yesterday on the board confused smiley to fill the gap spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
As for today we know 5 days counting. As for tomorrow we know nothing.
So what do you know what we don't know?
I am waiting....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rick56 ()
Date: March 29, 2013 14:53

well at least its only 5 days and not weeks

I can never get what I want

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 29, 2013 15:33

The 'Five days and counting' thing is surely a hint that the tour dates will be revealed five days from now.

It makes sense, as there have been quite a few rumours of a May 3rd tour start, so to announce the tour exactly one month before, on April 3rd, seems about right.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 29, 2013 16:30

BowieStone
andrewt
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
daytime
We all just have to wait it out, I presume next week if the tour is to start May 2nd in Vancover, Canada.

Good lord, I've saved no money up for this. Why couldn't they have warned us this was coming?!

longtime fans who have suffered mightily through the lean and fruitless years will be able to walk in for free after identifying themselves and showing their credentials. but, just to be sure, a semi-automatic weapon should be included in your provisions.

Do the "Moonwalk" backwards past the gate usually works as well.

The moonwalk backwards, is that just like walking (forwards)?

Yes, but you need to be wearing a single white glove to make it official.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 29, 2013 17:01

gotdablouse
I do, without him I would have never made it to the rehearsals in Bondy (he broke the Omerta, somewhat at least) and then to the Trabendo...wow my life (at least as a fan) would have been different !

@Sister Marie - yes there are some exciting rumours about Bercy making the rounds but I doubt we'll get any confirmation (if ever it happens) before the summer, the "5 days and counting" teasing has to be for the US Tour and/or the Hyde Park dates.

Bercy would be fantastic, but ticket prices would be very high. I would not mind Stade de France - I love that stadium, and one thing that I have learned over many years of attending concerts is that FOS standing in Paris is the most civilized FOS in Europe. For some reason, the French don't arrive as early, or push and crowd as much as other countries, so it's much easier to get a good place and enjoy a show. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe the fact that they live in such a beautiful city, they don't want to waste the day standing in line?

Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: March 29, 2013 17:17

NYC MSG MAY 21 - Let this happen please!!!

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: March 29, 2013 21:17

NedKelly
Which day are they playing?
And do you think it´s possible to get a ticket if one shows up at that day? That is always possible when they play the stadium shows, but I don´t know much about the festival.....

They're playing Saturday night, and I think it will be next to impossible to get a ticket on Saturday. The festival is out in the countryside, down in Somerset, so not the sort of place you can just pop along to unless you live locally.

Tickets are all sold in advance, and have photos on the tickets, so even if you do buy one you take a chance that you get checked and turned away. That said, there could well be hospitality tickets that might get you a chance of getting in, but you'll pay a lot more for them.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 29, 2013 21:37

Where did you hear MSG on May 21st?? More than one gig, I'm guessing but do tell your source please, StonesAustria.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 56

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2135
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home