Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 1, 2013 01:12

duke richardson
1cdog
Ronnie is a slap head. Has been for years.

Ronnie never even tried the hair implant or hair poltus treatments that Keith has used for years.

Keith went on the cheap with the hair implants initially until he figured it out & spent some real $$ on a series of quality implants. The poltus's were just too much trouble to maintain in order to get any real results.

what is a slap head

What is a poltus?

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 1, 2013 01:30

1cdog

Ronnie never even tried the hair implant or hair poltus treatments that Keith has used for years.

Keith went on the cheap with the hair implants initially until he figured it out & spent some real $$ on a series of quality implants. The poltus's were just too much trouble to maintain in order to get any real results.

If Keith were going to do hair implants, don't you think he would have had the big bald patch on top covered up?

Hair implants that miss the bald spots? That's like hair dye that colors everything except the gray.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: August 1, 2013 01:32

It's that new more believable look from the makers of "Touch of Gray".

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 1, 2013 01:39

duke richardson

what is a slap head

slap head
Web definitions
In human anatomy, the forehead is the fore part of the head. It is, formally, an area of the head bounded by three features, two of the...

[en.wikipedia.org]

But the term probably arises from the clip below, when the top of one's head is bare and smooth enough for Moe Howard to slap....

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: August 1, 2013 02:14

Jo's had her ass tattoo of Ronnie's face removed.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

It'll probably be on e-bay next week.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: August 1, 2013 02:25

TippyToe

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Jo, 58, revealed: “I had my tattoo of him taken off my bum. It was only a little caricature of him – his hair, his little mouth, his little nose."

See, it's not a wig. Her bum confirms it.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 1, 2013 02:59

Nice article, thanks TippyToe. It's good to see that Jo has moved on with her life, and her take on Ronnie and Sally is interesting.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 1, 2013 03:24

Much of Jo's book seems so sad to me. Her eyes still seem sad.
She does seem to be moving along with her life.

The timing of their slowing down their mutual substance abuse/gaining sobriety was off, mismatched.
They did have great times together for a while.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: August 1, 2013 09:50

latebloomer
Nice article, thanks TippyToe. It's good to see that Jo has moved on with her life, and her take on Ronnie and Sally is interesting.

Actually, she moved on with her bum.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 1, 2013 11:04

LOL Torres

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 1, 2013 14:16

She is now on Celebrity Master Chef in the UK.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: August 1, 2013 22:28

The e-book version is $2.99 this month on Amazon U.S.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 1, 2013 22:57

Torres
TippyToe

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Jo, 58, revealed: “I had my tattoo of him taken off my bum. It was only a little caricature of him – his hair, his little mouth, his little nose."

Cant be too lifelike, then!

Date: August 1, 2013 23:49

Gazza
Torres
TippyToe

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Maybe it was little in comparison to the canvas size.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 1, 2013 23:53

Gazza

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 1, 2013 23:54

This Joe is begging for attention. Not too impressive.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: August 4, 2013 16:38

Aquamarine
duke richardson
1cdog

what is a slap head

What is a poltus?

A concoction of herbs, roots and the such..........

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: August 4, 2013 16:41

stonehearted
1cdog

If Keith were going to do hair implants, don't you think he would have had the big bald patch on top covered up?

Hair implants that miss the bald spots? That's like hair dye that colors everything except the gray.

Sometimes the implants work, take hold, and sometimes they don't & it can be at different spots on the head.

You get what you pay for though and he went on the cheap for a long time.

Thirty Years Married to a Rolling Stone
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: September 2, 2013 15:34

I just read the book by Jo Wood, It's Only Rock and Roll: Thirty Years Married to a Rolling Stone. While it probably was meant to be read by a female, I read it anyway because the 2.95 price on Kindle was too good to pass up. Jo described Ronnie as affectionate, having a good sense of humor, well-liked by all, and fun to be around.

She also said he was unfaithful frequently, was not present at crucial times in the family, drunk and/or stoned very often, sometimes verbally abusive, and as having no sense of money. He became involved in business dealings with characters who probably cheated him, and he had no idea of spending with common sense. He spent at least four years in the bathroom freebasing, sometimes by himself or with Jo and friends. He had affairs with teenagers whom he introduced to Jo as just drinking buddies. He was in and out of rehab with no success at all. He often jeopardized his position in the Stones organization by not showing up or showing up very late at concerts, leaving thousands of fans impatient. On one occasion, Keith was seen screaming at Ronnie for freebasing when Ronnie had sworn he would never do it again. He makes Brian Jones and Keith look like choir boys by comparison. Finally, Mick Jagger hired Jo to get him to concerts on time with his guitars and proper clothing.

According to this book, Ronnie was the wild one in the group. But man can he play the guitar unbelievably well.

Re: Thirty Years Married to a Rolling Stone
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 2, 2013 15:57

flilflam
man can he play the guitar unbelievably well.

Huh really?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2013 16:01

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 2, 2013 16:01

dcba
flilflam

Huh really?

That's what I thought too...........

Man can he play the guitar very well.....is ok

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 2, 2013 16:05

I knew they shoulda gone with Eric Clapton...oh well, spilled milk it is...

Date: September 2, 2013 16:06

Munichhilton

They went for a keeper. Wise decision, very wise decision grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 2, 2013 16:09

DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

I don't know...according to Jo this Ronnie fella is trouble. What if it doesn't work out over time?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 2, 2013 16:16

NICOS
dcba
flilflam

Huh really?

That's what I thought too...........

Man can he play the guitar very well.....is ok

Yep. He is one of the best...

2 1 2 0

Date: September 2, 2013 16:29

Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton

I don't know...according to Jo this Ronnie fella is trouble. What if it doesn't work out over time?

Not as bad as the other cats in the band. Give him a couple of decades - let's see how it works out...

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: September 2, 2013 16:45

"Finally, Mick Jagger hired Jo to get him to concerts on time with his guitars and proper clothing".

I would have thought they all more or less stay in the same Hotel while on tour and the tour manager would have personnel to see to it that they are there on time! He even has to bring his own guitars? What? He's got dozens that travel with all the rest of the gear. What am I missing here?confused smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 2, 2013 17:06

Ron Wood not only plays the guitar unbelievably well, he is a true all round artistic genius!!!

C

Date: September 2, 2013 17:16

Some of the best work by any Stone:

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home