Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 25, 2013 18:27

duke richardson
Bliss
She has brought herself into more disrepute than Ronnie with this scurrilous book. She was a model (at 5'2") from Essex when she got involved with Ronnie who was married at the time. I recall that his ex Krissy committed suicide some time back, I think money problems were cited.

It's amazing, but in addition to Bianca, Anita has behaved with more dignity, restraint and class than Marianne, Jerry, and now Jo.

what has Jerry done?

Are you serious? Since the 80s, Jerry has given endless interviews in the press regarding her r'ship with Mick, including a poem where she informs the reader he has given her an STD.

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 25, 2013 18:52

Should have been the cover of Life

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 25, 2013 18:56

Bliss
duke richardson
Bliss
She has brought herself into more disrepute than Ronnie with this scurrilous book. She was a model (at 5'2") from Essex when she got involved with Ronnie who was married at the time. I recall that his ex Krissy committed suicide some time back, I think money problems were cited.

It's amazing, but in addition to Bianca, Anita has behaved with more dignity, restraint and class than Marianne, Jerry, and now Jo.

what has Jerry done?

Are you serious? Since the 80s, Jerry has given endless interviews in the press regarding her r'ship with Mick, including a poem where she informs the reader he has given her an STD.

well that answers that. I missed the poem. but are you saying she lied or was mean and vindictive in the interviews?

i'm asking

Date: February 25, 2013 19:14

Jerry has gone on at length about Mick's infidelity ("4000 women in 20 years"), his cheapness, his dishonesty, how much he has hurt her; she also came to his defense in Todgergate. A dignified silence regarding the father of her four children would have been more appropriate. I do not recall Mick ever saying anything about her, except perhaps obliquely in his lyrics, eg Party Doll.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 25, 2013 19:42

Bliss
Jerry has gone on at length about Mick's infidelity ("4000 women in 20 years"), his cheapness, his dishonesty, how much he has hurt her; she also came to his defense in Todgergate. A dignified silence regarding the father of her four children would have been more appropriate. I do not recall Mick ever saying anything about her, except perhaps obliquely in his lyrics, eg Party Doll.

i found this about her book:
[www.guardian.co.uk]

but it does seem she gave back advance money after writing (no ghostwriter?) and not delivering dirt on Jagger the editors wanted. so that's admirable, isn't it? I mean she's honorable but she maybe shouldn't have said anything..

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 25, 2013 21:33

It's amazing, but in addition to Bianca, Anita has behaved with more dignity, restraint and class

Total class. I respect them so much. No good can come blabbing about ill deeds done in the past which affected no one else. And along these lines of class, one of the classiest women I ever respected from afar is Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, she knew so much, but she never uttered, or printed, a word. Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis deserves all of the respect she earned, as do all the woman and men who stay classy and keep private things private and move on in their lives when the relationship ends.

This world has too many fame whores, it is sickening.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 25, 2013 21:34

Bliss

How could she know this if he was so dishonest?

Sounds a bit far fetched to me anyway even with regard to know he is.......that's a different woman every other day without cessation for 20 years....she would never have had any time with him.....

I suppose multiple sessions with tour groupies might have taken up the slack but then what about his self confessed lack of jam?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-25 21:43 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 25, 2013 22:03

How come Jo never once mentions the IORR Ronnie bashing in that article?
Isn't that what wives do?

Date: February 26, 2013 09:53

EddieByword
Bliss

Sounds a bit far fetched to me anyway even with regard to know he is.......that's a different woman every other day without cessation for 20 years....she would never have had any time with him.....

I suppose multiple sessions with tour groupies might have taken up the slack but then what about his self confessed lack of jam?

Dishonesty...he wasn't exactly transparent about his serial infidelities. No idea how she got the figure of 20,000. But the evidence kept piling up in various forms, the Brazilian model having his child being the last straw. But Jerry was a determined sufferer, and could have bailed out at any time. She had a stellar career as a model before she met Mick.

Date: February 26, 2013 12:43

I'm torn - I will probably read it because it is part of Stones-info, and I must devour all of it. On the other hand I am really tired of these kind of books.Who needs another one?
There is just a lot of cheapness about it.

edit - days later. Sorry, had to delete most of my post.

2nd edit - no way I would ever read this crap. saw an exerpt. I don't know why I thought that somehow Jo was a classy dame. W/o Ronnie there'd be no book. No one to care.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-12 02:44 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: February 26, 2013 12:45

Wasn't Ronnie married to Krissie when Jo joined this "new world"?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 26, 2013 13:12

Bliss
EddieByword
Bliss

Dishonesty...he wasn't exactly transparent about his serial infidelities. No idea how she got the figure of 20,000. But the evidence kept piling up in various forms, the Brazilian model having his child being the last straw. But Jerry was a determined sufferer, and could have bailed out at any time. She had a stellar career as a model before she met Mick.

20,000?..............(in 20 years )..........eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley...........3 a day, everyday - inc. Christmas day, high days & holidays...talk about speed dating..Jesus, no wonder he's so skinny.............I know it's a typo Bliss......... a funny one though.........

I got no doubt about the dishonesty...Mick said himself ...that he's "sick and tired of spinning creepy alibis".....she doen't make sense though (maths wise),,,,if someone's being dishonest how can 'you' reliably work out the truth, whether it's about sex or whatever.............unless she had a permanent Private eye on the case............

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 19:53 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 26, 2013 14:24

its funny reading the amount of support for a woman basher..who happens to play guitar for your favourite rock band.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 26, 2013 14:34

Some of stories mentioned in the article are disgusting, but we will not find out if Ronnie's wife was as innocent as she presents herself. It is never helpful when people spread details of their private lifes in public.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: February 26, 2013 14:38

While Ronnie definitely seems like the kind of guy who couldn't cope with any relationship more demanding than "mates", it's clear from reading this that Jo wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, either... It's your typical "rock star / model", or "sportsman / model" marriage - there isn't going to be a whole lot of brain activity going on between them. The "model" relies on her looks to score herself an easy lifestyle, even if only subconsciously, and the rock star hasn't had to deal with a real-life issue using his own judgement since about the age of 18.

They both come off as knobs in this excerpt - if she'd left him in 1981 or so, then you could understand her putting up with him for a couple of years, but she stayed 35. I'm sure Sally Humphries, having her own career and presumably far more intelligence, wouldn't be as receptive to enduring similar treatment.

Anyway, the Stones and Ron will be remembered for their music first and foremost, so this is just a by-product of being great at music, but not at life - really, he married two groupies, that's the essence of it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-26 14:38 by Denny.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 26, 2013 15:49

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
JJHMick
gotdablouse
Wow, what a f****d up world Ronnie lives in...wonder if he's changed?

Don't remember seeing that picture, can't be from a Stones tour in 1992 though as claimed "Height of fame: Jo, Ronnie and a sleeping Keith Richards on a private jet during a Rolling Stones tour in 1992"

New Barbarians tour 1979?

They look a little too old...

Keith is only taking a nap. As picture indicates the other drink involved is by the woman, whom is is not fully seen holding a Cosmopolitan Magazine.

Jagger? LOL

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 26, 2013 16:10

I think it's good to remember that these are just excerpts, pulled for the most salacious impact to gin up newspaper sales. The book may present a fuller picture. I am not going to defend Jo's decision to write the book, but I will say that it's always easy to sit back and say that someone should have left a relationship, should have known better, was an enabler and so forth when you are on the outside looking in.

No one really knows what someone else's marriage is like and decisions to leave or stay are never simple when there are children involved. There is no reason to insult Jo's intelligence, she obviously did make some poor decisions, but so do we all.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 26, 2013 16:39

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:00

Eleanor Rigby
its funny reading the amount of support for a woman basher..who happens to play guitar for your favourite rock band.

and, he's not even the favourite guitar player in the band.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:06

hot stuff
Funny back in the day we wanted the Stones to behave like the bad boys
We hoped they be. Not like some sweet boy band.

That's true, but back in the day we had no way of knowing just how pathetic a 65-year-old "bad boy" with jet black hair could be.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 26, 2013 17:37

Rod Stewart relates in his recent autobiography also having an affair with Kelly LeBrock. In fact in a Beverly Hills restaurant Kelly Emberg and Kelly LeBrock were fighting over him. Two supermodels you've shagged fighting over you. I can think of worse things.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 26, 2013 18:29

Tatters--True but it still takes 2!

This was his 2nd marriage. Jo in part took him away from his 1st wife..

As long as girls/boys throw themselves to rock stars, sports, movie, politicans, etc.
We will have this type of behavior..

Look at Jagger's song---Stupid Girl...Tells a lot..

Anyway it still takes 2 to make a marriage work..

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 26, 2013 19:27

Jo is on the Richard Bacon show tomorrow on Radio 5 Live in the UK after 2 p.m.
It's gonna be ugly

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 26, 2013 19:40

GravityBoy

What is that?

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: February 26, 2013 19:51

uhbuhgullayew
What is that?

That explains everything. Keith hasn't been the same since that thing left him.

On second thought, it could be his liver trying to escape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-26 19:53 by Sipuncula.

Date: February 26, 2013 19:57

uhbuhgullayew
GravityBoy

What is that?

Good question.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 26, 2013 20:57

GravityBoy
uhbuhgullayew
GravityBoy

What is that?

Good question.

Looks like the scene from the movie "Alien."

Date: February 26, 2013 21:46

loog droog
GravityBoy
uhbuhgullayew
GravityBoy

What is that?

Good question.

Looks like the scene from the movie "Alien."

Maybe.

But the "Keith's liver escaping" is a much better answer.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 26, 2013 22:06

Munichhilton
How come Jo never once mentions the IORR Ronnie bashing in that article?
Isn't that what wives do?

Rim shot!grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 27, 2013 00:44

exhpart
Jo is on the Richard Bacon show tomorrow on Radio 5 Live in the UK after 2 p.m.
It's gonna be ugly

...but of one thing there is no doubt...you WILL be watching!

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1395
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home