Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 27, 2013 00:46

loog droog
GravityBoy
uhbuhgullayew
GravityBoy

What is that?

Good question.

Looks like the scene from the movie "Alien."
Or "Spaceballs"

Re: How Ronnie destroyed our marriage after 35 years - Jo Wood tells definitive explosive story
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 27, 2013 03:28

Elmo Lewis
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
JJHMick
gotdablouse
Wow, what a f****d up world Ronnie lives in...wonder if he's changed?

Don't remember seeing that picture, can't be from a Stones tour in 1992 though as claimed "Height of fame: Jo, Ronnie and a sleeping Keith Richards on a private jet during a Rolling Stones tour in 1992"

New Barbarians tour 1979?

They look a little too old...

Yeah, probably checking out the latest "stuff" so he can banter about it when he next meets/chats with his "woman" David Bowie.

Cheers,
SonicD

Keith is only taking a nap. As picture indicates the other drink involved is by the woman, whom is is not fully seen holding a Cosmopolitan Magazine.

Jagger? LOL

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 27, 2013 12:32

loog droog
GravityBoy
uhbuhgullayew
GravityBoy

What is that?

Good question.

Looks like the scene from the movie "Alien."

"She could be the alien,
Send her to me."

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 27, 2013 13:18

Jo really is a gorgeous woman. Ronnie was crazy, IMO

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 27, 2013 21:41

duke richardson
Bliss
Jerry has gone on at length about Mick's infidelity ("4000 women in 20 years"), his cheapness, his dishonesty, how much he has hurt her; she also came to his defense in Todgergate. A dignified silence regarding the father of her four children would have been more appropriate. I do not recall Mick ever saying anything about her, except perhaps obliquely in his lyrics, eg Party Doll.

i found this about her book:
[www.guardian.co.uk]

but it does seem she gave back advance money after writing (no ghostwriter?) and not delivering dirt on Jagger the editors wanted. so that's admirable, isn't it? I mean she's honorable but she maybe shouldn't have said anything..

Bliss is right. Jerry has been selling her story with Mick since 1978. I remember when Tall Tales came out and she suggested that Mick was not happy about her writing a book, but got over it.
I suspect her giving back the advance money may have had more to do with Mick putting pressure on her to do so....Why would she suddenly adopt a philosophy of discretion when it comes to dishing the dirt? She made a big deal about how she 'gave all the money back because they wanted me to be write about private things and I refused...' etc.... Ha! Plus, it seems her 'photo-essay/memoir' must have been somewhat of a compromise. And the fact that on the day of its fancy-schmancy release party in London, she reveals Mick just happened to call her that morning to tell her how much he approved of the book and that he thought it was 'wonderful'.
Jerry is the worst when it comes to selling Mick's story.
And Bliss, you forgot Patti. Along with Bianca, Anita, she is a class act.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-27 21:44 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: mikeeder ()
Date: February 27, 2013 23:46

So did anyone here Jo's interview?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 28, 2013 00:19

stupidguy2
duke richardson
Bliss
Jerry has gone on at length about Mick's infidelity ("4000 women in 20 years"), his cheapness, his dishonesty, how much he has hurt her; she also came to his defense in Todgergate. A dignified silence regarding the father of her four children would have been more appropriate. I do not recall Mick ever saying anything about her, except perhaps obliquely in his lyrics, eg Party Doll.

i found this about her book:
[www.guardian.co.uk]

but it does seem she gave back advance money after writing (no ghostwriter?) and not delivering dirt on Jagger the editors wanted. so that's admirable, isn't it? I mean she's honorable but she maybe shouldn't have said anything..

Bliss is right. Jerry has been selling her story with Mick since 1978. I remember when Tall Tales came out and she suggested that Mick was not happy about her writing a book, but got over it.
I suspect her giving back the advance money may have had more to do with Mick putting pressure on her to do so....Why would she suddenly adopt a philosophy of discretion when it comes to dishing the dirt? She made a big deal about how she 'gave all the money back because they wanted me to be write about private things and I refused...' etc.... Ha! Plus, it seems her 'photo-essay/memoir' must have been somewhat of a compromise. And the fact that on the day of its fancy-schmancy release party in London, she reveals Mick just happened to call her that morning to tell her how much he approved of the book and that he thought it was 'wonderful'.
Jerry is the worst when it comes to selling Mick's story.
And Bliss, you forgot Patti. Along with Bianca, Anita, she is a class act.
No, I didn't forget Patti. She is not a discarded or embittered ex; she's Keith's wife. She would have no reason or need to dish the dirt about her own husband. There are others who have chosen to remain silent. I remember a quote from Tom Keylock where he said he would never, ever stitch the RS up. Marshall Chess, Chrissy Shrimpton, possibly Uschi Obermeier, Linda Lawrence, Linda Keith also could have written about their time with various Stones, but chose not to.

On another thread, there is the list of those who have written books; I left out June Shelley (nanny), Anna Wohlin, Bobby Keys and various groupies like Pamela des Barres and Bebe Buell.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 28, 2013 00:28

Is Anita truly a "class act"? There are ugly stories about her (of course I do not know (or care) if they are true), but why should she tell bad things about the man who has been paying her for decades? In this case Mr.Richards seems to be a "class act".

Date: February 28, 2013 00:36

windmelody
Is Anita truly a "class act"? There are ugly stories about her (of course I do not know (or care) if they are true), but why should she tell bad things about the man who has been paying her for decades? In this case Mr.Richards seems to be a "class act".

Yes, absolutely. There is little doubt that Anita is on Keith's payroll as a means of suppressing what would surely be the mother of all tell-all books. On the other hand, any book she would write would likely reflect worse on her than on anyone else, just as Jo's book does. Also, she may not wish to vilify the father of her children.

Anita has spoken somewhat negatively about Mick in interviews however. But she has never said a word against Keith.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 28, 2013 00:44

Bliss
windmelody

Yes, absolutely. There is little doubt that Anita is on Keith's payroll as a means of suppressing what would surely be the mother of all tell-all books. On the other hand, any book she would write would likely reflect worse on her than on anyone else, just as Jo's book does. Also, she may not wish to vilify the father of her children.

Anita has spoken somewhat negatively about Mick in interviews however. But she has never said a word against Keith.

That's a little harsh Bliss. By all accounts Keith and Anita have a good relationship; so it could just be that Keith supports her financially because he thinks it's the right thing to do for a woman who was his common law wife for many years and is the mother of his children. You make it sound as if she is blackmailing him with the threat of a tell all book.

Date: February 28, 2013 00:53

latebloomer
Bliss
windmelody

That's a little harsh Bliss. By all accounts Keith and Anita have a good relationship; so it could just be that Keith supports her financially because he thinks it's the right thing to do for a woman who was his common law wife for many years and is the mother of his children. You make it sound as if she is blackmailing him with the threat of a tell all book.

Not at all. It is well-known that Anita and Keith have a good r'ship, and she has said she loves Patti as well. But Anita is a survivor, and if she had no other means of supporting herself apart from selling her story, I believe she would. She has never worked as far as I know, apart from designing some ripped tee shirts.

Krissy Wood could have written a book, but didn't.. [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: February 28, 2013 01:10

Bliss
latebloomer
Bliss
windmelody

Not at all. It is well-known that Anita and Keith have a good r'ship, and she has said she loves Patti as well. But Anita is a survivor, and if she had no other means of supporting herself apart from selling her story, I believe she would. She has never worked as far as I know, apart from designing some ripped tee shirts.

I agree that Anita is a survivor, but I don't think you can extrapolate from there that she would do anything for money. Money never seemed to be a big movitation for her, at least it was never mentioned in anything I've read about her, she never seemed to be extravagant. Most of her money needs seemed to be for the drugs. Other than that, she never seemed to go in for fancy homes,vacations and all the other trappings of wealth.
There is much about her that remains a mystery, most of the notorious Anita stories stem from the days when she was heavily addicted to drugs and alcohol. She seems to have lived a very quiet life since becoming sober and she looks wonderful in recent pictures.
As for Krissy Wood, what happened to her is very sad. I wonder if Jo mentions it in her book.

Date: February 28, 2013 01:25

latebloomer
Bliss
latebloomer
Bliss
windmelody

I agree that Anita is a survivor, but I don't think you can extrapolate from there that she would do anything for money. Money never seemed to be a big movitation for her, at least it was never mentioned in anything I've read about her, she never seemed to be extravagant. Most of her money needs seemed to be for the drugs. Other than that, she never seemed to go in for fancy homes,vacations and all the other trappings of wealth.
There is much about her that remains a mystery, most of the notorious Anita stories stem from the days when she was heavily addicted to drugs and alcohol. She seems to have lived a very quiet life since becoming sober and she looks wonderful in recent pictures.
As for Krissy Wood, what happened to her is very sad. I wonder if Jo mentions it in her book.

Actually, Anita is very social, with many high profile friends in the fashion world. I also read that she had a shopping addiction, for vintage clothes. As for her looking wonderful - in my view, she is about on a par with Keith, looks-wise. A lifetime of chainsmoking plus hepatitis C.

[anitapallenberg.multiply.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-28 01:32 by Bliss.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: February 28, 2013 01:27

Anita rules

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 28, 2013 03:08

Bliss
windmelody

Anita does dish about Mick and that always pisses me off. She loves to make disparaging remarks about him. She would never do that to Keith because I think Keith is genuinely kind and respectful toward her because that's how Keith is. But Anita can be petty about Mick. One of the under-examined stories for me in Stonesdom is the Anita/Mick relationship....she still seems to hold a grudge toward him and while affects a disdain, it seems like resentment. I know Anita fans will deny this to their last breath, but I really think Anita had a hard-on for Jagger and felt dismissed by him.
Bliss, what do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-28 03:10 by stupidguy2.

Date: February 28, 2013 09:28

stupidguy2
Bliss
windmelody

Anita does dish about Mick and that always pisses me off. She loves to make disparaging remarks about him. She would never do that to Keith because I think Keith is genuinely kind and respectful toward her because that's how Keith is. But Anita can be petty about Mick. One of the under-examined stories for me in Stonesdom is the Anita/Mick relationship....she still seems to hold a grudge toward him and while affects a disdain, it seems like resentment. I know Anita fans will deny this to their last breath, but I really think Anita had a hard-on for Jagger and felt dismissed by him.
Bliss, what do you think?

Yes, absolutely. She felt totally eclipsed by the glamourous and snobbish Bianca. Robert Greenfield wrote that this was the beginning of her decline.

Date: March 1, 2013 00:11

Jo's book launch, attended by her children and stepson. She looks really pretty.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 1, 2013 02:12

Wow she is 57!? A total GILF for sure! Those are quite rare.

Date: March 3, 2013 08:36

Latest installment:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

How she's kept her looks is beyond me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-03 09:22 by Bliss.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 3, 2013 08:42

....Fanks Bliss .... startin' to get good now ain't it ...

ROCKMAN

Date: March 3, 2013 16:39

Whoa...it IS getting very interesting, Jo was quite the good time girl.

Thank you Bliss for the latest installment.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 3, 2013 19:38

Says a lot that all of Ronnie's children are supportive of Jo.

If she needed to tell this ghastly tale, couldn't she just have to gone to a shrink and poured it out...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 3, 2013 21:42

stonesrule
Says a lot that all of Ronnie's children are supportive of Jo.

If she needed to tell this ghastly tale, couldn't she just have to gone to a shrink and poured it out...

She did...the shrink said....girl you need to write a book and make some money...get to it

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 4, 2013 00:56

Probably unlikely that Ronnie will have time to read Jo's book.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 4, 2013 02:02

stonesrule
He doesn't need to read it. He lived it.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 4, 2013 03:22

sweetcharmedlife
stonesrule

It would help him to remember it though...?

Date: March 4, 2013 04:14

dcba
Funny... and sad! "Honest Ron" comes out of this as a TOTAL idiot and a wife abuser.
The kind of guy I wouldn't mind punching in the face.

No wonder Jagger wanted him out in 82 (during or after the Euro tour?)

Hearing stuff like this is going to make it easy to walk away and never look back. Charlie is the only one in the band that I can honestly say I like anymore.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 4, 2013 04:50

Munichhilton
sweetcharmedlife
stonesrule

It would help him to remember it though...?
He remembers it everytime he writes an alimony check.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 4, 2013 06:11

She could have left at anytime but she continued on and still cashes Ronnies checks on a monthly basis.

This kiss and tell stuff sucks.Dopey people with sour grapes in need of an extra paycheck.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 4, 2013 06:35

Midnight Toker
She could have left at anytime but she continued on and still cashes Ronnies checks on a monthly basis.

This kiss and tell stuff sucks.Dopey people with sour grapes in need of an extra paycheck.
+1 on that. No one forced her to stay in that relationship, she was free to go anytime she wanted. I find her coinciding all of this (the auction, selling her sob story) with The Stones 50th Anniversary disgusting. She is now simply another money grubber, another greedy person, cashing in on The Stones name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-04 08:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home