Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT - Robert Plant hints (if you don't like Zeppelin, please STAY OUT of thread)
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 19, 2013 14:21

Sounds pretty cool to me! He likes to mix it up and change the arrangements...which is fine by me.. but I think he could use a new manzier, a bit of sagging there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-19 14:23 by whitem8.

Re: OT - Robert Plant hints (if you don't like Zeppelin, please STAY OUT of thread)
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 19, 2013 16:41

Get the Yardbirds back with Page & Beck. Who should sing?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 19, 2013 17:27

Love the guy...Hope they get to tour again.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 19, 2013 17:32

Then Stones better get on the road before Led Zep start touring.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 19, 2013 18:22

mtaylor

I'm a bigger Stones fan, but I suspect a Zep tour would probably destroy anything in it's path.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 19, 2013 18:35

Much prefer Plant solo to Zep.

29 Palms is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: February 19, 2013 19:10

Well, I would appreciate them to keep it as it is and to net reform. They would destroy something good.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 19, 2013 19:11

2000 LYFH

Maybe they could recruit Keith Relf's son?drinking smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 19, 2013 19:41

BluzDude
2000 LYFH

Maybe they could recruit Keith Relf's son?drinking smiley

No no no. This is the break Lord Sutch has been waiting for! He may have even waited too long!

Date: February 19, 2013 21:08

frankotero
mtaylor

I'm a bigger Stones fan, but I suspect a Zep tour would probably destroy anything in it's path.

Exactly - if a bigger tour, a first and only tour in 30-35 years, would quite sure destroy whatever anybody else might think of doing. If a bigger World tour with correct planning and moneymen in behind, they could easy break U2s gross income record.

Date: February 19, 2013 21:20

I can't believe that this story hit the Drudge Report.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:26

If they do a new album and a world-tour, can we please re-use his site as the official Zeppelin Fan site? It would be a shame to just waste it....

Date: February 19, 2013 21:29

Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

'I've got nothing to do in 2014,' says singer

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:31

The thing about Plant playing Zeppelin songs at his solo shows is they are arranged differently. With Zep, they are harder for him to sing. It was very clear, and bothered one of my friends, that everything was in a different key at the O2 show to accomodate Roger. I didn't notice it that much, but my friend couldn't listen to it because it just sounded too weird to him.

There's little things like that that show their age and that maybe they shouldn't tour. You can accept the different keys for songs for one show, but for a whole tour? Might become annoying. Also, I really don't know if Robert's voice could handle more than like a week of shows. Again, just little obstacles I could see.

I don't think they'd record anything new. A greatest hits tour would do fine, and unless its really good, you don't go to Zeppelin to see new material. 90% of the world would be fine with just the hits. Same as with the Stones.

Date: February 19, 2013 21:33

mtaylor
frankotero
mtaylor

Exactly - if a bigger tour, a first and only tour in 30-35 years, would quite sure destroy whatever anybody else might think of doing. If a bigger World tour with correct planning and moneymen in behind, they could easy break U2s gross income record.
Yup. The biggest tours I could think would be Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or Guns N Roses. Any one of those in a given year would destroy any other tour out there. And two of those acts touring in the same year might cause the world to explode.

Date: February 19, 2013 21:37

RollingFreak
mtaylor
frankotero
mtaylor

Yup. The biggest tours I could think would be Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or Guns N Roses. Any one of those in a given year would destroy any other tour out there. And two of those acts touring in the same year might cause the world to explode.
Indeed Zep and Pink Floyd would make the World explode.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: February 19, 2013 21:50

uhbuhgullayew
Much prefer Plant solo to Zep.

29 Palms is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Totally agree. There are quite a few Plant songs on Fate Of Nations and other albums I really like. There is maybe one or two Zep songs I'll go out of my way to listen to.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 19, 2013 22:47

Fate of Nations is truly an amazing album, his best by far at the time (and I did quiet enjoy most of Manic Nirvana). A lot of great b-sides too from FON, since in 1993, cd-singles were still going strong!

Gonna throw on The Greatest Gift... ahhh!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 20, 2013 03:48

I think that they should not reunite. I think it would damage their leagacy. For that band to work they really need John Bonham. Though I suppose hearing/seeing their shows could be enjoyable as the Who's shows are anjoyable but that band has never been right since the death of Keith Moon.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 20, 2013 04:02

Page has songs ready, there would be an album. I agree with whoever said they need a more special drummer just not that fool Grohl.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 20, 2013 08:50

RollingFreak
Munichhilton
He'd be wise to stay the course. Celebration Day was beyond good...great even. They can't top it and likely wouldn't come close to equaling it night after night.

Leave it as their legacy in tact.
Absolutely correct. 6 years ago, I was PISSED they didn't get back together and do some US shows. I HATED Robert Plant and I couldn't possibly understand why they wouldn't. After years, I've come to acceptance and I actually completely agree with Robert. Watch Celebration Day and you'll see its outstanding. But thats Robert Plant acting like he did over 30 years ago, and he honestly and understandably doesn't want to do that. He was the MVP of the reunion concert IMO, but thats really hard for him to go back like that.

Watching the show 6 years later, I literally can't believe he actually went along with it. Its hardest on him and requires the most work to actually sing that stuff. Its such a difference from what he's doing now and what men at his age are supposed to be doing that, again, it blows my mind the reunion actually happened. And the fact that it turned out as good as it did is just further proof they should leave it at that. They could play one show in NY, and I'm sure it would be great, but watch Celebration Day and its the perfect closing to their career.

Saying this means I'll never get to see Led Zeppelin, and it kills me, but I genuinely believe its the right decision. I don't want to watch it if he's not gonna be completely into it, and Ahmetts death finally gave him that one last urge to do it one more time. It was perfect, no need to continue. Again, 6 years ago Robert sounded like a total a-hole for not touring with them. Now, I completely understand where he's coming from and agree its best to leave it this way. In the end, he was absolutely right when I thought he was being an @#$%&. The fact that Page and Jones couldn't accept that 6 years ago is honestly kind of rude. Clearly Plant had his reasons and Jimmy kept saying "it still could happen!" Robert had to work the hardest at that reunion concert and he pulled it off brilliantly one last time for the fans. Go do whatever the hell you want, you deserve it Plant.

Sorry to write so much. Just every now and then this possibility comes up on, and I think when looking at it rationally, Plant was 100% correct in not wanting to continue, and I think looking at it now, many will agree.

Celebration Day is beyond excellent. It's possibly THE best live release I've ever heard - and that takes a lot to say over GYYYO (and even the Live In Texas) and a few others.

I don't see Page and Jones as rude for wanting to continue - why wouldn't they!? They're absolutely right in wanting to continue, just as Plant was right in not wanting to continue.

They certainly could have done a tour. The dates would have been spread out a bit more but they could have. That preperation they did for the O2 would have carried over. The mentality was not the 1970s, it was the Twenty Hundreds - meaning, the sober full on here we are approach would have/could have been right. The maturity would have paid off big time.

Jason Bonham is perfect for Led Zeppelin. He knows the missing link Page talked about, knowing what to do when and why.

They may get together - it would be great if they did. Not a big tour but some shows. But that's only beacause I enjoy LZ. If they never again that's fine too - there's Celbration Day. How long you going to continue with the face of conquering the world? Nobody gives a shit when the generation comes along and says "So what", regardless of the history and when they figure it out, well, the print won't change - they can watch and listen to Ceobration Day.

Date: February 20, 2013 08:52

frankotero
mtaylor

You are correct. HALF of the United States would crawl out of the woods...

Date: February 20, 2013 08:56

RollingFreak
The thing about Plant playing Zeppelin songs at his solo shows is they are arranged differently. With Zep, they are harder for him to sing. It was very clear, and bothered one of my friends, that everything was in a different key at the O2 show to accomodate Roger.

DALTREY sang at the O2 for Led Zeppelin? Wow.

Date: February 20, 2013 18:39

Had the radio on in my car last night when a DJ said he just read in a tabloid that Led Zeppelin will be touring this year with the Black Eyed Peas as warm up---he also went on to say that this paper never got a prediction or a "scoop" right.

...I mean, why even bother to mention such foolishness?
...I guess so guys like me would comment on it.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 20, 2013 18:55

Am I the only one who watched that segment and thinks Plant is taking the piss?

He gives a joke answer to just about every other question.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 20, 2013 20:58

andrewt
Am I the only one who watched that segment and thinks Plant is taking the piss?

He gives a joke answer to just about every other question.

No...

Robert Plant
I'm not the bad guy! I've got nothing to do in 2014"

That is just a guy tired of 'the' question...

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: February 21, 2013 02:21

Plant is such a shifty character, you can't trust him at all. You're telling me he's going to wait until he's 67 yrs old to ramp up a Zep reunion/possible tour after being such a bastard at these press conferences lately? 'Go ask the Capricorns'...that's pretty weak. This guy has jerked his ex-band members many times over, his voice has been shot for years and really can't cut most of the band's catalog and now 'he's available'? Sheesh. If he's sincere sure, I'll go, but if it's another crappy album like 'Walking Into Clarksdale' he can forget about my money put to that if that's the best they can come up with.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: February 21, 2013 05:11

Page flew Steve Gorman to the London show 6 years ago, and has kept in touch with him. He mentioned to Steve how he was pissed off that Jason was having "Jason Bonham - Led Zeppelin" drumsticks printed up. If anyone besides Jason got the gig, it would be Steve, provided the Crowes don't conflict.

Date: February 21, 2013 05:20

From4tilLate
Page flew Steve Gorman to the London show 6 years ago, and has kept in touch with him. He mentioned to Steve how he was pissed off that Jason was having "Jason Bonham - Led Zeppelin" drumsticks printed up. If anyone besides Jason got the gig, it would be Steve, provided the Crowes don't conflict.
That could be true, but I'm telling you Dave Grohl is close with all of the members. They loved him at the Kennedy Awards, he's met all of them multiple times, he was in a band with Jones. Plus his presence would probably get them even more money by attracting a younger-ish crowd. Not that they need it, but probably wouldn't hurt.

If they were ever to tour, it would be Jason Bonham. But whether you like Grohl or not, he'd be second or third in line.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 21, 2013 13:51

i do not believe this for a second .plant has always maintained that without bonzo it's not led zep.they have always taken the high road and not cashed in,having said that i loved the 2007 reunion for ahmett ertagun.if they do decide to tour i will kill to see them live !!!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home