Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron Wood playing Show Me live in 1992
Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: February 1, 2013 04:43

No idea where this was taped, but this is the most rocking thing to come from a solo Rolling Stone or the band since 1981/2. Tight but loose. Just great effortless rocking that sounds terrific twenty years later. (PLEASE TELL ME IT'S LIVE THEY'RE NOT MIMING). They really should have let Woody step up and lead the musical direction of the band during the great Jagger/Richard feud of the 80s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-01 04:45 by punkfloyd.

Re: Ron Wood playing Show Me live in 1992
Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: February 1, 2013 08:03

I've always felt sorry for posts that start the slide down thw page with only the original comment on it so I put this one on.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 1, 2013 09:03

Ronnie is underrated on all accounts. 1234 is his best work, completely unknown to most fans. Go listen to any recording from 97-05 and he is almost always buried in the mix. There MUST be something in his contract that states Keith is to be louder in the mix.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 1, 2013 09:50

The guitar section has got weaker because of this. The RW parts are hidden in the mix (both studio and live), and Keith's are in front of the mix, but very very in front.
Ron Wood can play guitar very well, but if he is almost inaudible , he just does'nt make any special musical effort

Since 1989 it is so.................even in the mix of Hampton's, Wood's guitar are very back in the mix
Even in Brussels, Taylor's guitar is also very low. Somertimes it is better, but sometimes it is wrong.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: February 1, 2013 10:03

KeithNacho
The guitar section has got weaker because of this. The RW parts are hidden in the mix (both studio and live), and Keith's are in front of the mix, but very very in front.
Ron Wood can play guitar very well, but if he is almost inaudible , he just does'nt make any special musical effort

Since 1989 it is so.................even in the mix of Hampton's, Wood's guitar are very back in the mix
Even in Brussels, Taylor's guitar is also very low. Somertimes it is better, but sometimes it is wrong.

There's a fair old amount of bollocks in this post.

Date: February 1, 2013 10:05

Why????

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 1, 2013 10:13

The Rolling Stones wasted Ron Wood.

Date: February 1, 2013 10:19

KeithNacho

Since 1997 is more correct, imo.

In the original pay per view-broadcast, Ronnie was louder than Keith in the mix.

Taylor's guitar is not "very low in the mix", but it is mixed a bit down in a couple of songs (GS comes to mind) to avoid overriding the band.

I think Taylor didn't have his volume knob turned to max on GS either, hence the less fuzzier sound on that particular track. Might be one of the reasons.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 1, 2013 11:10

flacnvinyl
Ronnie is underrated on all accounts. 1234 is his best work, completely unknown to most fans.

Good album, but recorded badly. Slide On This is a fantastic album, one of the best solo outtings of a Stone.

Mathijs

Date: February 1, 2013 11:48

Feel like playing was a very nice surprise 2 years ago...............

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 1, 2013 12:09

(Chuck would be burned to death on this board if he played like Ian is playing here...)

Yeah, Ronnie definitely knows to rock!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: February 1, 2013 12:23

Mathijs
flacnvinyl
Ronnie is underrated on all accounts. 1234 is his best work, completely unknown to most fans.

Good album, but recorded badly. Slide On This is a fantastic album, one of the best solo outtings of a Stone.

Mathijs

A (partly) garage recording..

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 1, 2013 13:48

DandelionPowderman
Mathijs
flacnvinyl

Mathijs

A (partly) garage recording..

I agree Mathijs. Slide on this is really a great cd. I liked it so much that I drove from washington dc to NewYork city to catch Ronnie playing at The Ritz on the Slide on this Tour (1994?). Jane Rose signed a poster that I bought at the show. The show was superb and I drove back after it. I now can't believe I did all that driving for a show but It tells me how much i loved that record.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 1, 2013 15:45

Mathijs
flacnvinyl

Mathijs

That's my opinion about Gimme Some Neck. His finest moment as a solo stone imho, but what a terrible sounding recording.
1234 never really got me...maybe because of the poor recording. Might give it another listen.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 1, 2013 20:15

marcovandereijk
(Chuck would be burned to death on this board if he played like Ian is playing here...)

The main thing about Chuck is his attitude. The guy just looks like a goofy white dude. Smiling all the time like he's part of the Moody Blues. If he had a baby grand and kept his head down and focused, we'd love him. Honestly, thats what it is.

And Chuck IS a nice guy who genuinely loves to play. Atleast he doesn't destroy pianos for fun like Ian!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 1, 2013 21:35

flacnvinyl
The guy just looks like a goofy white dude. Smiling all the time like he's part of the Moody Blues.

Hey!!

No way.

Chuck makes the Moody Blues seem like the Sex Pistols.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 1, 2013 22:55

Haven't seen that before. Excellent live version. Even Rons singing is good despite his broken whiskey-haze voice.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: February 1, 2013 23:48

I'm impressed by Mac's playing
I never really took attention before

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 1, 2013 23:58

punkfloyd
They really should have let Woody step up and lead the musical direction of the band during the great Jagger/Richard feud of the 80s.

He was an important contributor to the musical direction of the band in the mid-70s simply by joining, thus freeing up The Stones from being an exclusively rhythm and lead guitar group as they had been during the Taylor era.

Woody almost got thrown out of the band in the early 80s because of his crack cocaine addiction and during "WWIII" wasn't fit even to lead himself to the toilet, but he did get some writing credit on Dirty Work. By the mid-80s, the only one in the band who wasn't on drugs was Bill Wyman--and what he was doing at the time was even worse....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-02 00:11 by stonehearted.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: February 2, 2013 00:12

Bernard sure does tap a mean cane.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home