Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2013 Tour Stage Needs a Makeover
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: January 30, 2013 04:36

The tongue stage was OK but we have seen it twice, once at the Super Bowl and again in 2012.

Now that Keith has found his form and the men are playing well, it would be nice if they could bring back the moving stage, which I thought was unbelievable and a perfect way for the fans to see the Stones close up, or closer up, even if sitting in the nose bleed seats.

Since this is the 50th year of the Disembodied Tongue, how about a moving stage in the shape and color of a tongue. What is wrong with a little showmanship? Whatever happens, I was really glad to see them drop the very loud horn section.

Re: 2013 Tour Stage Needs a Makeover
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2013 04:53

.....YEAH Stones in the pit and us cats hoverin' above 'em ...WILD...jump right in

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 30, 2013 05:14

I liked it but I miss the giant penis.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 30, 2013 06:10

.....YEAH Stones in the pit and us cats hoverin' above 'em ...WILD...jump right in

throw in an extra springy diving board and that could some good times, or something.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 30, 2013 13:36

Only one way to go.................a 3-D jumbotron...............£50 for the special glasses.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-30 13:38 by EddieByword.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 30, 2013 14:07

flilflam
The tongue stage was OK but we have seen it twice, once at the Super Bowl and again in 2012.

Now that Keith has found his form and the men are playing well, it would be nice if they could bring back the moving stage, which I thought was unbelievable and a perfect way for the fans to see the Stones close up, or closer up, even if sitting in the nose bleed seats.

Since this is the 50th year of the Disembodied Tongue, how about a moving stage in the shape and color of a tongue. What is wrong with a little showmanship? Whatever happens, I was really glad to see them drop the very loud horn section.

If you say you`ve seen this stage twice, I don`t think you ever really looked at it because these were two totally different stages....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 30, 2013 14:15

We haven't seen the 2013 stage yet and already we know it needs a makeover....this must be a record even for iorr.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 30, 2013 14:26

Think he (or she) meant was last years stage. Personally I like it, but it will be interesting to see if they keep it and/or change the setlist. And of course if Mick Taylor is there. Either way I'm sure it will be special.

Date: January 30, 2013 14:27

The tongue stage should stay!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 30, 2013 14:37

hockenheim95
flilflam

If you say you`ve seen this stage twice, I don`t think you ever really looked at it because these were two totally different stages....

I liked the red Super bowl one better.............

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 30, 2013 15:05

Green Lady
We haven't seen the 2013 stage yet and already we know it needs a makeover....this must be a record even for iorr.

thumbs up smiling bouncing smiley I just love that sense of humor.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 30, 2013 15:30

not the same stage as the superbowl stage from 2006

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 30, 2013 15:44

Seriously - I liked the tongue stage but they didn't use it nearly enough. It looked as though the people in the expensive front floor seats were short-changed compared with those in the tongue pit, because most of the action was on the main stage a long way away from them.

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 30, 2013 16:16

Green Lady

It's a safe bet that, if there are any shows in 2013, the stage will be the same. They've already invested in it and not everybody has seen it who could potentially do so. That's how the Stones roll.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 30, 2013 16:45

How can the 2013 Tour Stage need a makeover when there hasn't been a tour yet?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 30, 2013 16:47

If anything they need to use the logo as a stage more often. Make the bottom of the tongue the "B-stage" part of the show.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 31, 2013 00:19

Green Lady

What about the 2013 setlist?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 31, 2013 00:33

Green Lady
Seriously - I liked the tongue stage but they didn't use it nearly enough. It looked as though the people in the expensive front floor seats were short-changed compared with those in the tongue pit, because most of the action was on the main stage a long way away from them.

Agreed 100%. I don't know how much it was used in the US shows, but it seemed to me at the O2 that they used it even less overall on the second night than the first. From where I stood in the pit, I also got the impression - and more so on the second night - that they were a bit wary whenever they stepped up onto the outer rim part, as if they felt they might lose their footing or something. I think it was perhaps relatively flat at the far end in front of the A blocks but more sloping at the sides?

Date: January 31, 2013 05:35

Keep the tongue concept only make it 50 yards long! From one end of the arena to the other!

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: January 31, 2013 06:15

I heard a rumor they are going to have a stage that brings them to the upper level of arenas. Will move around from the front to the back as well. Neat!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 31, 2013 07:01

How about playing in the round? That seems to have worked well for some groups and wastes less space than that little used tongue walkway set up.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: January 31, 2013 07:05

You need a blimp shaped like a giant cucumber to sail into the tongue stage.

Date: January 31, 2013 07:26

JaIsNotDead
I heard a rumor they are going to have a stage that brings them to the upper level of arenas. Will move around from the front to the back as well. Neat!

Always thought a roller coaster stage would be cool. It would snake it's way through the audience rising to the roof at it's peak.

Date: January 31, 2013 07:28

JumpinJackOLantern
Keep the tongue concept only make it 50 yards long! From one end of the arena to the other!

And have a revolving stage that travels the entire tongue!

Date: January 31, 2013 07:32

GasLightStreet
How can the 2013 Tour Stage need a makeover when there hasn't been a tour yet?

I think he means 2012 50 and Counting stage.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 31, 2013 09:04

Green Lady

Quite interesting as I had the feeling they went quite often around the pit. I was the first night on row 6 just left but nearby the tongue and the 2nd night (all o2) inside the tongue but at the far end. From the viewpoint I enjoyed both nights, where of course you are much closer inside the pit and as it was not cramped I could walk around to make photos, I was able to get to row 2 on the left side front when Clapton and also on the other side. The security was extremely friendly.

Anyway they hopefully stick to the stage design and will see me again. Not as often es during the other tours, but rather here and there and in the pit :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home