Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Dutch Queen To Abdicate
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:01

Queen Beatrix is quitting her job. The Netherlands will have a new King. How do you Dutch people feel about all of this?

Re: OT: Dutch Queen To Abdicate
Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:04

I don't give a drol.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:24

I love it..........she deserve here pension at the age of 75...she did a great job through out the years..............lets see how our King will do it

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:52

Vocalion
I don't give a drol.
Of course you don't can't, that would take you having a brain, which you don't.... otherwise known as "brainly challenged".

Posted by: Nats ()
Date: January 29, 2013 02:40

I have nothing against the Queen and her family but I never have been interested in the theatre surrounding them.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 29, 2013 05:14

"For no matter how silly the idea of having a queen may be to us.........." - Frank Drebin

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: January 29, 2013 10:02

She is lucky not living at this time because retirement was a different way.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 29, 2013 10:05

Major news in Nederland. It was on TV all evening on every network. Even one of the most popular soaps was replaced with news about the queen.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 29, 2013 10:13

She's a nice old lady....

..oh wait.

I wonder if the new King will continue to help run Bilderberg.

Date: January 29, 2013 10:42

Max'sKansasCity
Vocalion
I don't give a drol.
Of course you don't can't, that would take you having a brain, which you don't.... otherwise known as "brainly challenged".

Ahh, Maxie took the time to put DROL thru Google Translate And respond to a posts he had no clue about. Step away from the pc and IORR for one moment and get some air. There are real people out there, don't be afraid.You can do it. Good luck and god save the Queen!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 29, 2013 10:44

The Dutch Royals seemto be gentle, but a bit boring too. They never have any sex scandals. They never get caught while hunting elephants. They ought to spice things up a little.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: January 29, 2013 10:56

because Holland looks to be calm country too. Would you prefer to have the stinking for Monaco.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 29, 2013 12:07

I'm not Dutch but if you google "Frits Salomonson" her Majesty's legal advisor) "Prince Claus" (her Majesty's husband) and "Joris Demmink" you might start to understand why she resigns... eye popping smiley

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: January 29, 2013 13:13

Posted by: 71Tele
Date: January 29, 2013 01:01

Queen Beatrix is quitting her job. The Netherlands will have a new King. How do you Dutch people feel about all of this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for telling me, this was breaking news in the US ?
A nice and easy Mississippi version of the Dutch anthem, standard tuning I guess:

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 29, 2013 13:36

Is she abdicating or is she simply stepping down (retiring) from her duties ?

Seems to me if she's turning over duties presumably due to age or natural inability to continue, that would not define an "abdication."

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 29, 2013 13:42

Edith Grove

Seems to me if she's turning over duties presumably due to age or natural inability to continue, that would not define an "abdication."

As best I know it is an abdication whatever the reason. There's no other option for a monarch other than die or abdicate. It simply means to give up power.

Date: January 29, 2013 14:21

Edith Grove

She is turning over duties, "the time is ripe for a younger generation".
I wonder how she could handle it anyway:

She had a really hard time in her private life, loosing her beloved husband, last year her son turned into a coma for the rest of his life after a ski accident. Her eldest son and new King is marrried to Máxima Zorreguieta, daughter of Jorge Zorreguieta. He was Minister of Agriculture in the regime of General Jorge Rafael Videla, and thus not very welcome in Holland. And another son of the queen married a girl who allegedly had an affair with a mafia boss in Holland. Of course the girl denied it. And the Queen's father (a German) had dubious connections with the Germans pre WW 2, although there's no prove about that. Keep it running in the family.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 29, 2013 14:24

So The Netherlands will vote a new king?

[www.youtube.com]

What's wrong? I can not insert a youtube video. I have done that many times before without a problem, but now, whatever I do, it just shows a link.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-29 14:29 by Happy24.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 29, 2013 14:33

Since the opinion of Dutch IORRians is asked, I will respond, but frankly it leaves
me rather cold. Like many people in The Netherlands, I think it is a rather silly idea
to have a king. Why would anyone be born to have a job waiting for him?
But like others in my country, I can accept this ancient situation, on the condition
the king (or queen) doesn't have any political power.

So what is left is a symbol that represents our country. And in that, our queen managed
to put down a decent performance, and I expect the new king will manage to continue
this.

The news that Bill and Mick T were going to be on stage with the Stones had a deeper
impact on me than the abdication of the queen.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 29, 2013 14:48

mAXIMA IS ONE hOT SEXY ARGTINIAN WOMAN. tHE NEW kING IS A LUCKY SOD.

JEROEN

Date: January 29, 2013 14:57

Happy24

[www.youtube.com]

What's wrong? I can not insert a youtube video. I have done that many times before without a problem, but now, whatever I do, it just shows a link.

It's the Dutch security service winking smiley

Date: January 29, 2013 15:13

corriecas
mAXIMA IS ONE hOT SEXY ARGTINIAN WOMAN. tHE NEW kING IS A LUCKY SOD.

JEROEN

Step away from the crack please

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 29, 2013 15:19

VT22
Edith Grove

She is turning over duties, "the time is ripe for a younger generation".
I wonder how she could handle it anyway:

She had a really hard time in her private life, loosing her beloved husband, last year her son turned into a coma for the rest of his life after a ski accident, and her eldest son and new King is marrried to Máxima Zorreguieta, daughter of Jorge Zorreguieta. He was Minister of Agriculture in the regime of General Jorge Rafael Videla, and thus not very welcome in Holland. And another son of the queen married a girl who allegedly had an affair with a mafia boss in Holland. Of course the girl denied it. And the Queen's father (a German) had dubious connections with the Germans pre WW 2, although there's no prove about that. Keep it running in the family.

Wow ! Thanks for all of that.

I have to wonder now if there's going to be a movie made about her life.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 29, 2013 15:23

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 29, 2013 16:02

God save the Queen...we mean it, man...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 29, 2013 16:33

VT22
Happy24

[www.youtube.com]

So let me get this straight....Dutch security service is an internet geek?

Date: January 29, 2013 16:38

treaclefingers
VT22
Happy24

[www.youtube.com]

So let me get this straight....Dutch security service is an internet geek?

'
Bush jr stayed in the Dutch village 'Houthem' in 2005. A girlfriend of mine lived there at that time. I could tell you some astonishing stories when it comes to the former president's security/ privacy in that little town.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 29, 2013 16:39

Mick Jagger socializing with European royalty in THE ANDY WARHOL DIARIES:

Friday, October 11, 1985

"Milan the partygiver called and said he’d organized a dinner for the crown prince of Belgium at Tuileries, and that the crown prince wanted to meet Mick Jagger, and Fred happened to be talking to Mick on the phone and Mick said he’d go. Worked till 8:30 (cab $5). The crown prince didn’t open his mouth, he was so boring. Dinner was awful, and everybody was all coked up. They started talking about `millions' of photographers outside and spent about two hours deciding how to get out of the place, and it was just Ron Galella! When you’re not high you can’t believe these people. If you didn’t know they were on something and you heard the way they were talking, you’d think it was something real."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-29 16:43 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: January 29, 2013 17:26

The coming king isn't exactly a colossus of the roads of the human intellect, to put it frankly. When asked about his father in law and his role as a secretary of state in the Videla regime, he said that one should consult all sources, referring to a letter in a Argentinian newspaper, a letter written by Videla.

His nickname 'Prins Pils' covers it nicely.

I can live with the queen/king as a symbol of national unity. I think though they should be paid accordingly.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-29 17:29 by Greg.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 29, 2013 17:54

He is known for his toilet throwing capabilities:

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home