Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Dutch Queen To Abdicate
Posted by: Greg ()
Date: January 29, 2013 17:58

That toilet is brand new!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 29, 2013 18:06

windmelody
The Dutch Royals seemto be gentle, but a bit boring too. They never have any sex scandals. They never get caught while hunting elephants. They ought to spice things up a little.

Only look up Prins Bernhard...

Anyway, we gain a lot from the royals, as they can visit and have relations with countries without political complications. This way we have secured many contracts in countries run by dictators, like Kuwait, Bahrein, Saudi-Arabia, Russia and whatever.

It's the good old Dutch VOC mentality -let our Prime Minister condemn the human rights situation, and use the Queen to secure the money.

Mathijs

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 29, 2013 18:47

Koen
He is known for his toilet throwing capabilities:

Wait, is that Mick Taylor?!

Date: January 29, 2013 18:49

VT22
treaclefingers
VT22
Happy24
So The Netherlands will vote a new king?

[www.youtube.com]

What's wrong? I can not insert a youtube video. I have done that many times before without a problem, but now, whatever I do, it just shows a link.

It's the Dutch security service winking smiley

So let me get this straight....Dutch security service is an internet geek?

'
Bush jr stayed in the Dutch village 'Houthem' in 2005. A girlfriend of mine lived there at that time. I could tell you some astonishing stories when it comes to the former president's security/ privacy in that little town.

But you won't? Is that because they would have to kill you if you did?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 29, 2013 18:53

treaclefingers
Koen

Yes, one of his crazy antics on Midnight Rambler last December.

Date: January 29, 2013 18:55

71Tele
treaclefingers
Koen

Yes, one of his crazy antics on Midnight Rambler last December.

No wonder he freaked Jagger out!

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: January 29, 2013 19:06

treaclefingers
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22
Happy24

[www.youtube.com]

What's wrong? I can not insert a youtube video. I have done that many times before without a problem, but now, whatever I do, it just shows a link.

'
Bush jr stayed in the Dutch village 'Houthem' in 2005. A girlfriend of mine lived there at that time. I could tell you some astonishing stories when it comes to the former president's security/ privacy in that little town.

No, you need to speak the native dialect to understand the absurdity that was going on there. All mobiles were tapped, and if you used the word "Bush" while making a call, the police was at your door within 10 minutes. Bush means forest in the local dialect. You can guess the rest of the story that happened to my girlfriend who just called to make a firm walk in the woods with someone. Three hours of interrogation.

Date: January 29, 2013 19:08

VT22
treaclefingers
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22
Happy24

[www.youtube.com]

'

No, you need to speak the native dialect to understand the absurdity that was going on there. All mobiles were tapped, and if you used the word "Bush" while making a call, the police was at your door within 10 minutes. Bush means forest in the local dialect. You can guess the rest of the story that happened to my girlfriend who just called to make a firm walk in the woods with someone. Three hours of interrogation.

Wow...you'll never guess what the word 'Bush' means in our local dialect!

Date: January 29, 2013 19:12

VT22
treaclefingers
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22
Happy24

[www.youtube.com]

'

In what Dutch dialect does 'bush' means forest?

Mathijs

Date: January 29, 2013 19:25

Mathijs

Mathijs

The Limburgian dialect, very similar to German actually. (Busch).

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 29, 2013 19:32

Mathijs
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22
Happy24

[www.youtube.com]

'

Mathijs

In some dialects of American English, "Bush" when referring to George W. Bush, actually means shrub.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 29, 2013 19:37

VT22
You can guess the rest of the story that happened to my girlfriend who just called to make a firm walk in the woods with someone. Three hours of interrogation.

Just be glad she didn't call to let you know she was going to take a dump in the woods. smoking smiley

Date: January 29, 2013 19:49

Koen
VT22
You can guess the rest of the story that happened to my girlfriend who just called to make a firm walk in the woods with someone. Three hours of interrogation.

Just be glad she didn't call to let you know she was going to take a dump in the woods. smoking smiley

grinning smiley

Date: January 29, 2013 20:55

Koen

Reminds me of Bobby Knight:

Date: January 29, 2013 21:03

VT22
Mathijs

Mathijs

The Limburgian dialect, very similar to German actually. (Busch).

He?? In Limburgian LANGUAGE (not dialect) as I know it it's 'bósj', prenounced like the English 'bus' but with a soft 'S'. It does not sound like 'bush', with a long 'ooh'.

From what town are you?

Mathijs

Date: January 29, 2013 21:07

The same as yours I think.. There are countless dialects, be it in Limburg, Drenthe, Groningen or where ever. There is no "standard" Limburgian or Brabant language, as far as I know. Only ABN, like the queen speakes it, to stay OT. And Frisian is a language. The way you pronounce it: 'bósj' ('Busch'- German origin), is more common in the middle of Limburg, the "Bospop area". "Bush" is the way they pronounce it in this beautiful little town Houthem, where Bush Jr stayed in 2005.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 29, 2013 22:03

Vocalion
Max'sKansasCity
Vocalion
I don't give a drol.
Of course you don't can't, that would take you having a brain, which you don't.... otherwise known as "brainly challenged".

Ahh, Maxie took the time to put DROL thru Google Translate And respond to a posts he had no clue about. Step away from the pc and IORR for one moment and get some air. There are real people out there, don't be afraid.You can do it. Good luck and god save the Queen!

Keep trying and someday you might have an original thought, an original post, maybe add something.... although we dont have great expaectations for you.

best advice- see the record, ignore the post.

Date: January 29, 2013 22:46

VT22
The same as yours I think.. There are countless dialects, be it in Limburg, Drenthe, Groningen or where ever. There is no "standard" Limburgian or Brabant language, as far as I know. Only ABN, like the queen speakes it, to stay OT. And Frisian is a language. The way you pronounce it: 'bósj' ('Busch'- German origin), is more common in the middle of Limburg, the "Bospop area". "Bush" is the way they pronounce it in this beautiful little town Houthem, where Bush Jr stayed in 2005.

I recall reading, and I don't know if this is true for certain, but that the original spelling of Bush for the Bush family in question, was in fact Busch, but the 'c' was dropped soon after the family emigrated to the US a very long time ago.

I also read that the whole 'skull and bones' society originally started in Germany and was 'exported' to the US, and that the Bush family have been members all the while.

Anyone else hear/read/come across this?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 29, 2013 23:05

Let's not go there smoking smiley

Date: January 29, 2013 23:35

treaclefingers
VT22

I recall reading, and I don't know if this is true for certain, but that the original spelling of Bush for the Bush family in question, was in fact Busch, but the 'c' was dropped soon after the family emigrated to the US a very long time ago.

I also read that the whole 'skull and bones' society originally started in Germany and was 'exported' to the US, and that the Bush family have been members all the while.

Do you recall the name of the US importing company?

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: January 29, 2013 23:49

Max'sKansasCity
Vocalion
Max'sKansasCity
Vocalion
I don't give a drol.
Of course you don't can't, that would take you having a brain, which you don't.... otherwise known as "brainly challenged".

Ahh, Maxie took the time to put DROL thru Google Translate And respond to a posts he had no clue about. Step away from the pc and IORR for one moment and get some air. There are real people out there, don't be afraid.You can do it. Good luck and god save the Queen!

Keep trying and someday you might have an original thought, an original post, maybe add something.... although we dont have great expaectations for you.

best advice- see the record, ignore the post.

please edit, your pretty good at that!

Date: January 30, 2013 00:51

uhbuhgullayew
treaclefingers
VT22

Do you recall the name of the US importing company?

Je ne sais pas?

Date: January 30, 2013 03:52

How often does royalty abdicate?

This thread ROCKS!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 30, 2013 04:47

Well, by any measure, Beatrix has had an amazing life, and she has been witness to the rebuilding of a great country.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2013 04:50

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: January 30, 2013 09:07

I wish the British Royal family would do something similar or even better just vanish altogether. Royalty is an out of date concept. All that fuss and bother over the jubilee. The British Queen is a drab individual. Why everyone pretends to love her I don't know.

Date: January 30, 2013 09:38

VT22
The same as yours I think.. There are countless dialects, be it in Limburg, Drenthe, Groningen or where ever. There is no "standard" Limburgian or Brabant language, as far as I know. Only ABN, like the queen speakes it, to stay OT. And Frisian is a language.

No way, Sherlock! What a news!

Mathijs

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 30, 2013 10:27

windmelody
The Dutch Royals seemto be gentle, but a bit boring too. They never have any sex scandals. They never get caught while hunting elephants. They ought to spice things up a little.

They should copy our House of Windsor and start having a string of failed marriages, divorces, offspring of dubious parentage etc etc! They are truly a modern family.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: January 30, 2013 11:15

dcba
I'm not Dutch but if you google "Frits Salomonson" her Majesty's legal advisor) "Prince Claus" (her Majesty's husband) and "Joris Demmink" you might start to understand why she resigns... eye popping smiley

Hi dcba, seems to be something unheard of I've never heard of so far.

However, all I get in google is in Dutch, a language I regretably don't master.

Do you know of any English text in the net on this topic? I'd appreciate any hint. Thanks.

dead.flowers (uitgebloeide bloemen)

Date: January 30, 2013 11:30

Please ,ask her to call King Juan Carlos I so that she may convince him to abdicate as well!

In the picture the king an his late lover, Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home