Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Mick & Keith
Posted by: R ()
Date: January 30, 2013 16:20

I'm guessing Mick and Keith are equally addicted to the roar of the crowd and on stage is the only place they are happy together. Anywhere else it's understandable that they might not care for each other.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 30, 2013 16:26

T&A
duke richardson
T&A
slew
I don't think that deep down they hate each other.

they do. i've seen it and felt it.

have you ever heard mick cuss out keith?

yeah but when he does, he does it with that phoney country twangy accent and keith just laughs it off.

i imagine it sounds something like the way 'Factory Girl' sounds.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 30, 2013 16:39

Bliss
Gloom and Doom, are you saying you were an insider of the RS' circle in the 60s or just part of hippie life?

>>As an "insider" 3 decades ago I can say these guys are full of real love, like the children of the 60's they are. Mick wants what's best for Keith...
In the 80's I worked in NY Studios and did a few projects with The Stones, Mick and Bowie and Keith and Aretha Franklin. That was a long time ago but I came away from that having a deep respect for how they carried out their difficult business and treated those around them. I wrote this before that The Stones for being the greatest band in the world are very sweet people and more down to earth than most any other group I worked with. That's saying allot since by the time I'd left that part of the business I'd spent time with members of almost every popular band except members of The Beatles. If T & A is correct that Mick and Keith dislike each other so much that others in the entourage are calling it hate it's really sad. The set list and the music will never thrive if this is now the case.

Date: January 30, 2013 16:48

i thought the 80's was the worst time for the Stones.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 30, 2013 16:52

i wish i could offer something more pleasing...i really do. but i can't change the facts.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 30, 2013 16:54

duke richardson

Well it began and ended well...if that's what you mean.

Date: January 30, 2013 16:57

Munichhilton
duke richardson

yes

nobody's throat got slit, and nobody Od'd

Date: January 30, 2013 17:02

duke richardson
Well that's not my fault, still i wouldn't trade my time with them. Until Guns and Roses exploded (I worked on Appetite too!) rock was stuck in a nasty rut of echo, choruses and over production. "Doom and Gloom" brought me back to those days, it sounds like it could have been on Dirty Work. Like many here I'd prefer if they'd go back to their earthier sound. Anyhow in the 80's the boys were still relatively young, Ronnie would jam with the studio staff, he knows thousands of songs.... Keith not so much but he'd show you his famous guitars. He used the white Tele with the rosewood neck alot, the one with the original style pickups not a humbucker.

Date: January 30, 2013 17:02

duke richardson
Munichhilton
duke richardson

yes

chawlie almost od'd. and will any of us ever truly emotionally recover from the horror of the one hit to the body video? if keith was wielding a knife instead of a guitar, it might have all ended right there for mick jagger.

Date: January 30, 2013 17:08

T&A
duke richardson
Munichhilton
duke richardson

yes

chawlie almost od'd. and will any of us ever truly emotionally recover from the horror of the one hit to the body video? if keith was wielding a knife instead of a guitar, it might have all ended right there for mick jagger.

still they got a good tour out of it...that '86 tour was cool.

Date: January 30, 2013 17:11

And "Talk Is Cheap" turned out to be one of the top 3 Stones related outputs of that decade...how pleasant

Date: January 30, 2013 17:11

DoomandGloom
duke richardson
Well that's not my fault, still i wouldn't trade my time with them. Until Guns and Roses exploded (I worked on Appetite too!) rock was stuck in a nasty rut of echo, choruses and over production. "Doom and Gloom" brought me back to those days, it sounds like it could have been on Dirty Work. Like many here I'd prefer if they'd go back to their earthier sound. Anyhow in the 80's the boys were still relatively young, Ronnie would jam with the studio staff, he knows thousands of songs.... Keith not so much but he'd show you his famous guitars. He used the white Tele with the rosewood neck alot, the one with the original style pickups not a humbucker.

are you still in the recording business, D & G?

Date: January 30, 2013 17:27

duke richardson
T&A
duke richardson
Munichhilton
duke richardson

yes

still they got a good tour out of it...that '86 tour was cool.

there is a faction of folks here would deny that tour ever happened. it's these conspiracy-type people who will believe almost anything....

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: January 30, 2013 17:28

First post in this Forum ever and it's related to Mick and Keith 'sounds about right to me' winking smiley
Whatever their personal relationship, I'm pretty sure they both on a fundamental level appreciate each other musically and take each other seriously artistically and do realize that as a band they create something bigger than they could alone. It's pretty clear that they don't hang around each other watching Arsenal and share the occasional movie night.

I recently watched a couple of TV interviews with both of them (2012 and 2006) and it seems to be that Mick sometimes really has to keep his face together and stop himself from rolling his eye when Keith starts his 'Pirate Keith' talk. And especially after reading 'Life' I guess Keith just wants to jump out of a window when Mick starts talking 'supply and demand'. They know each other just so damn well to the degree that it probably it is a pain in the ass, but they still function as a musical unit and (let's wait&see about an album) and I guess that's what matters most.

Date: January 30, 2013 17:28

Munichhilton
And "Talk Is Cheap" turned out to be one of the top 3 Stones related outputs of that decade...how pleasant

je suis un rock star....and what was the other one again?

Date: January 30, 2013 17:30

duke richardson
DoomandGloom
duke richardson

not exactly

Date: January 30, 2013 17:35

DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom
duke richardson

not exactly

well are you on the other side of the glass now?

Date: January 30, 2013 17:44

Yes I'm a full time musician and sometimes do albums for independent artists on pro tools. Usually no more than 3 per year...

Date: January 30, 2013 17:46

T&A
Munichhilton

Keith's honeymoon of course

Date: January 30, 2013 17:51

Munichhilton
T&A
Munichhilton

oh, right. the extant tapes are nice, but i wish patti and keith had produced a full-feature video...we know keith was at his best in those days...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 30, 2013 17:55

latebloomer
Munichhilton
Its a lot like when Ray Charles used to play...he NEVER made eye contact with his band...it was quite rude

Bad Munichhilton, really bad....

Even Ray Charles could see how bad that one was.

Date: January 30, 2013 17:56

T&A
Munichhilton
T&A
Munichhilton

oh, right. the extant tapes are nice, but i wish patti and keith had produced a full-feature video...we know keith was at his best in those days...

they didn't have video in those days..

like we do now with hd video on phones..etc.

Date: January 30, 2013 17:56

reg thorpe
They have a business relationship together

Wait. What? According to Keith they're MARRIED.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 30, 2013 17:57

T&A
duke richardson
T&A
slew
I don't think that deep down they hate each other.

they do. i've seen it and felt it.

have you ever heard mick cuss out keith?

yeah but when he does, he does it with that phoney country twangy accent and keith just laughs it off.

Very unlikely. Richards didn't laugh off Elton John or unknown Swedish journalist. Richards blurted out once that he could not say anything to Jagger because Mick instantly replied by personal attack that Richards could not fight off. Maybe this is the reason why he talks with Mick through the media.
I think the fact that Mick has never publicly mocked Richards reveals that he knows about KR's insecurity and vulnerability and does not want to hurt him too much.

Date: January 30, 2013 18:00

proudmary
I think the fact that Mick has never publicly mocked Richards reveals that he knows about KR's insecurity and vulnerability and does not want to hurt him too much.

oh? then why, may i ask, did mick push keith out of that coconut tree?

Date: January 30, 2013 18:02

Bliss
Where there's life, there's hope. And Mick and Keith have a much better chance of getting along now that Keith is less likely to let Mick down by being late or drunk or stoned onstage, thanks to the head injury he sustained after the last tour. That should go a long, long way.

They've been through too many pissing matchs to care about each other anymore. Too many times Keith has pissed Mick off. A problem is it doesn't matter how many times Mick has pissed Keith off because Keith doesn't make the decisions. Mick obviously grew tired of Keith's behaviour starting in 1981 and it's only deepened, especially with that stupid book.

What a great idea too. Who do you think gave Keith a nudge and said 'Right, now that you've had this gargantuan tour and made the most money ever and things are good within the Stones I think it's time for you to pull out all the dislike you have for and with Mick and turn it into a book! Think of how many copies it will sell!'

A lot of good it did, Keith getting all of that 'off his chest'. What a yes-man he is.

Date: January 30, 2013 18:26

GasLightStreet
reg thorpe

MJ likes to pretend he was never a bi-sexual...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 30, 2013 18:27

Bluesstone
First post in this Forum ever

Congratulations and Welcome

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 30, 2013 18:28

DoomandGloom
GasLightStreet
reg thorpe

MJ likes to pretend he was never a bi-sexual...

we all do

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 30, 2013 18:30

T&A
proudmary

oh? then why, may i ask, did mick push keith out of that coconut tree?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home