Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Mick & Keith
Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: January 28, 2013 20:19

I recently watched the Led Zeppelin "Celebration Day" DVD. One of the things that stood out was the great interaction between Jimmy Page & Robert Plant. They played off each other throughtout the concert and seemed to genuinely enjoy being on stage together.

It made the fact that Mick and Keith barely acknowledged each other and in fact seemed to go out of their way to avoid having any contact with each other during the recent 5 show stint stand out even more. No one is expecting them to be the best of friends but it would be nice to see a glimpse of the Glimmer Twins to appear on stage together again. If any "insiders" are reading this post please pass it along.

Re: Mick & Keith
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 28, 2013 20:20

Its a lot like when Ray Charles used to play...he NEVER made eye contact with his band...it was quite rude

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 28, 2013 20:32

mick and keith hate each other. that's inside knowledge i'm not supposed to reveal, but i don't care about the consequences anymore.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 28, 2013 20:36

Munichhilton
Its a lot like when Ray Charles used to play...he NEVER made eye contact with his band...it was quite rude

Bad Munichhilton, really bad....

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 28, 2013 20:42

T&A
mick and keith hate each other. that's inside knowledge i'm not supposed to reveal, but i don't care about the consequences anymore.

hate...a strong word.

how about despise...

or detest

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 28, 2013 20:47

duke richardson
T&A

hate...a strong word.

how about despise...

or detest

i hate those words. besides, hate isn't the opposite of love...indifference is.

so, i retract my inside knowledge and replace it with this: mick and keith are INDIFFERENT toward each other.

Date: January 28, 2013 20:56

T&A
duke richardson
T&A

hate...a strong word.

how about despise...

or detest

so, i retract my inside knowledge and replace it with this: mick and keith are INDIFFERENT toward each other.

I disagree.

I think Keith and Mick are DIFFERENT toward each other.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: January 28, 2013 21:11

They have a business relationship together

Date: January 28, 2013 21:17

reg thorpe

Plenty of people just have a business relationship and actually enjoy being in that business relationship and do communicate with their business partner.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 28, 2013 21:21

T&A
duke richardson
T&A

hate...a strong word.

how about despise...

or detest

Let's go with "Loathe" then. It's close enough sounding to "Love" that if you were drunk, you might mispronounce it.

Keith to Mick..."I really Loavthe you man!"

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: January 28, 2013 21:23

I have a perception that Keith still loves Mick after all they´ve been through but Mick instead can´t stand Keith´s bullshit anymore. He practically ignores him.
This is the reason of my doubts of a year long tour.
In Mick´s interview by the BBC before the 5 gigs he ironically laughs at the suggestion that Keith is always the one pushing him to play, etc.
If you see the video, its quite obvious his position. He even says: "to be kind, it´s a group decission" making it obvious that is HIS decision

They can deliver the music but live together in a big tour for months? No way... Mick won´t do it.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: January 28, 2013 21:24

rambler44
reg thorpe

Plenty of people just have a business relationship and actually enjoy being in that business relationship and do communicate with their business partner.

Like Martin and Lewis?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 28, 2013 21:24

rambler44
I recently watched the Led Zeppelin "Celebration Day" DVD. One of the things that stood out was the great interaction between Jimmy Page & Robert Plant. They played off each other throughtout the concert and seemed to genuinely enjoy being on stage together.

It made the fact that Mick and Keith barely acknowledged each other and in fact seemed to go out of their way to avoid having any contact with each other during the recent 5 show stint stand out even more. No one is expecting them to be the best of friends but it would be nice to see a glimpse of the Glimmer Twins to appear on stage together again. If any "insiders" are reading this post please pass it along.

What a ridiculous request. You're asking someone who has "inside info" to pass along to Mick and Keith that a person on a messageboard wishes that they would smile and huge more on stage?? So weird.

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page appear they way they do because they actually respect each other. Mick and Keith don't exactly have the same warm relationship. You can't FORCE them to have it. It's just not there.

Besides, didn't you get enough of the fake Mick/Keith love fest on "Shine A Light" during "Far Away Eyes." that was enough manufactured sap to last me for a while. I don't need any forced moments, thank you.

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:02

Wasnt there a picture from one of the Paris warm up gigs of Keith w his arm around a smiling Mick?

Did something happen between Paris and London?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:04

Mick & Keith ... wonderful actors .... should have multiple Oscars

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:04

CMH516
Did something happen between Paris and London?

The English Channel happened but that was years ago....surely they're over that.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:30

Page & Plant have had some spectacular fallings-out too.

Consider how they refused to talk to each other after the tour behind Walking Into Clarksdale.

Likewise, at one stage Page, Jones, and Bonham Jnr were going to tour as Zeppelin with Steve Tyler as lead vocalist. I think Plant wasn't interested, and was, justifiably, preoccupied with his work with Alison Krauss.

Date: January 28, 2013 22:34

varilla
I have a perception that Keith still loves Mick after all they´ve been through but Mick instead can´t stand Keith´s bullshit anymore. He practically ignores him.
This is the reason of my doubts of a year long tour.
In Mick´s interview by the BBC before the 5 gigs he ironically laughs at the suggestion that Keith is always the one pushing him to play, etc.
If you see the video, its quite obvious his position. He even says: "to be kind, it´s a group decission" making it obvious that is HIS decision

They can deliver the music but live together in a big tour for months? No way... Mick won´t do it.

What if they agree to separate hotel rooms?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:36

What was the thing the first starting pushing them apart? Was it when Mick wanted to start a solo career in the 80's? Or was it Mick's relationship with Anita on the set of Performance (Keith setting out in the Bentley)? or was it....

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:40

KEITH'S BEEN RIDING MICK HARD SINCE HE GOT CLEAN.
MICK IS BORED BY KEITH'S LACK OF MATURITY.

OIL & WATER 50 YEARS ON.

Date: January 28, 2013 22:41

optimist that I am, I believe they are still friends and that we don't see what really goes on.

I don't think Charlie would bother to participate in an atmosphere that was tense and unhappy..just don't think he'd want to be around a bitchy bunch of bores..

neither would Darryl.

Date: January 28, 2013 22:46

What was the thing the first starting pushing them apart?

.... Keith stompin' on Mick's sculptures in
that sand pit somewhere around the early fifties ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 28, 2013 22:46

duke richardson
optimist that I am, I believe they are still friends and that we don't see what really goes on.

I don't think Charlie would bother to participate in an atmosphere that was tense and unhappy..just don't think he'd want to be around a bitchy bunch of bores..

neither would Darryl.

They've definitely buried the hatchet, but it's a business relationship.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 28, 2013 22:47

duke richardson

neither would Darryl.

If it helps him to maintain his horses, the house in France, the wardrobe of suits more expensive than the Prince of Wales, and a solo career to enjoy, then I'm sure he would put up with whatever is necessary. For one thing, he puts up with touring, which he clearly could do without, so I'm sure he can put up with all the bitching that goes with it.

The only time he didn't put up with it was when he punched Mick in Amsterdam....

Date: January 28, 2013 22:54

We perceive Mick and Keith to be two men with differing interests, differing lifestyles, and both as rich as Croesus. We also perceive them to be a great songwriting team, when they are on song, and that the sum of the Rolling Stones is different to their respective parts.

We also think that they have a roller-coaster of a relationship, with arguments galore, and that they are the officer-class of the Stones, and that their relationship is the equivalent of Bromhead and Chard in the Zulu film.

I am thinking that half their arguments, be it from 1984 - 1988, 1997, and 2007 - 2012, are exceedingly magnified by a salivating press. I like to think that they both, given their monumentally sarcastic natures (i.e. the writers of Under My Thumb, Stupid Girl, Jigsaw Puzzle, Live With Me), take a Machiavellian delight in producing stories about the psychodynamics of the Stones, and that, in reality, they are still cocking a snook, this time at those who believe what's written in the papers.

Date: January 28, 2013 22:58

>>cocking a snook<<

love that one..an old English expression..?

Date: January 28, 2013 22:59

tomcasagranda
We perceive Mick and Keith to be two men with differing interests, differing lifestyles, and both as rich as Croesus. We also perceive them to be a great songwriting team, when they are on song, and that the sum of the Rolling Stones is different to their respective parts.

We also think that they have a roller-coaster of a relationship, with arguments galore, and that they are the officer-class of the Stones, and that their relationship is the equivalent of Bromhead and Chard in the Zulu film.

I am thinking that half their arguments, be it from 1984 - 1988, 1997, and 2007 - 2012, are exceedingly magnified by a salivating press. I like to think that they both, given their monumentally sarcastic natures (i.e. the writers of Under My Thumb, Stupid Girl, Jigsaw Puzzle, Live With Me), take a Machiavellian delight in producing stories about the psychodynamics of the Stones, and that, in reality, they are still cocking a snook, this time at those who believe what's written in the papers.

I would say this is more believable if there seemed to be more interaction and enjoyment to be playing together on stage.

Date: January 28, 2013 23:08

........cock a snook....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 28, 2013 23:20

rambler44
tomcasagranda

I would say this is more believable if there seemed to be more interaction and enjoyment to be playing together on stage.

Bearing in mind what Keith said about having to concentrate, as he has forgotten some of their songs. Both men are pushing 70, and both would have to concentrate and focus on the task in hand. After all, it is 23 songs in 2 hours, and they, seriously, wanted to give their best to the fans. I think, if the gigs were to increase throughout 2013, that we'd see more smiling, but it would have to be balanced with focus.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 28, 2013 23:22

One thing that confused me after being away from the band for a while... "Happy" was always sort of a duet on stage.In Brooklyn it was a solo vocal by Keith which he incidentally totally messed up... When did they stop doing it together??? If they did it the old way Mick and Keith would probably become friends again, ya think???

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home