Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16
Re: Stones Tour 2013
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 8, 2013 22:53

vertigojoe
Does everyone realise Glastonbury 2013 is already sold out?
Thats before the Line up is announced. So why would they bother spending a million bucks to hire the stones?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 8, 2013 23:20

vertigojoe
Does everyone realise Glastonbury 2013 is already sold out?
Thats before the Line up is announced. So why would they bother spending a million bucks to hire the stones?

For the same reason they played Sarsstock, Rio for free and Istanbul to a minimum crowd. Or Shanghai. Because they want to be there and perform that place, to that crowd.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 9, 2013 11:17

corriecas
to tell the world the Stones play their festival, something to be proud of and which brings them Fame and glory

jeroen

thumbs up And if the number being thrown around is real, it should be said "ONLY a Million Dollars?", what a bargain.... considering they have been paid 10 million Dollars to play birthday partys. (of course that is all rumor, check your local numbers)

Glastonbury is a world wide famous fest and this would only add to that, it is a good idea smiling smiley... then again I think The Stones playing anywhere is a good idea.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 9, 2013 12:03

Max'sKansasCity
The Stones playing anywhere is a good idea.

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: February 9, 2013 15:24

Who's leading the campaign to break into Glasto if it's made official. cus I want in! >grinning smiley<

\m/

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 9, 2013 19:47

Giving it some thought. If Vegas happens. I'm making it into a roadtrip, from Pittsburgh.

Vegas isn't really my cup of tea. So just going to hit there, just for the shows. Do the 7th, then travel some, then comeback through for the 14th. Then back home.

Back roads, 2.5/3 weeks of roadtrippin'. @#$%& yeah!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-09 19:49 by MingSubu.

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: February 9, 2013 20:05

angee
Rumor: Las Vegas, June 7 and 14.

Who's going, if true? (Me, the 14th.)

Sorry if there's another topic for this.

if this is true, then it means there will be a USA tour in the summer then? Europe later?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 9, 2013 20:45

No, as i heard from a cousin from Pierre, Keefs guitar man,

4 shows in Amsterdam in May. 2 shows London, 3 shows Paris, 3 shows Amsterdam in July ,.
August 2 shows New York
3 shows Rio in September. 17 october Final curtain Amsterdam

Thats that

jeroen

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 9, 2013 21:31

Grand Canyon... San Francisco... Both viable one day drive options from Vegas.

Date: February 9, 2013 22:59

corriecas

4 shows in Amsterdam in May. 2 shows London, 3 shows Paris, 3 shows Amsterdam in July ,.
August 2 shows New York

Jeroen, is this a case of whishful thinking ?

-------------------

Date: February 9, 2013 23:33

no, it is a stone cold fact

jeroen

Date: February 9, 2013 23:34

and a rolling stone gathers no moss,

so i hope there will be MANY SHOWS IN AMSTERDAM

jeroen

Date: February 9, 2013 23:56

Amsterdam in May, July and October ... now you got me really nervous

-------------------

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 10, 2013 01:24

JumpinJackOLantern
It is sad that so many here at IORR suffer from such low self esteem. Give yourself a little credit. Mick and Keith have both said they had to be coaxed into doing something for their 50th anniversary. What IS ridiculous is the notion that nobody from the Stones camp checks in here on a regular basis to check the pulse of the hardcore fan base - it's just good business. Yes, the Stones have their "watchmen", that you can count on.

There is no feud with the Beatles, but someone has to claim the title of "greatest of all time" - better us than them. And we deserve it. Doesn't make us evil because we want to be recognized as the best that ever was.

Low self esteem, says the one that uses "we" willy nilly when blathering about the Stones as if...they are part of the Stones.

Mick had to be coaxed into doing Steel Wheels, just as he has had to been "coaxed" into doing everything since and for one thing only - MONEY.

MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MONEY was and is THE REASON he bothered. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Date: February 10, 2013 02:18

GasLightStreet
MONEY was and is THE REASON he bothered.

Let's not forget the fame and the glory smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Posted by: samunknown ()
Date: February 10, 2013 04:28

corriecas

August 2 shows New York

Thats that

jeroen

that would be great. a lot of shows in Amsterdam

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 10, 2013 10:23

Seems strange if they would not play a big market as Germany. And Scandinavia. Or Spain or Italy.
But returning once again to New York and avoid for instance Los Angeles. And play Amsterdam several times.
But what do you know...?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: February 10, 2013 11:16

Rolling Hansie
Amsterdam in May, July and October ... now you got me really nervous

... so than there will be much Amstel-Doom and -Gloom,
if these dates would become true ... smileys with beer

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: February 10, 2013 13:43

corriecas

August 2 shows New York

Thats that

jeroen

I heard here on the boulevard of Derp, that there comes 5 shows next week in The Verenigingsgebouw in the Julianastraat !

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 10, 2013 16:15

For what it's worth I have been told by a very reliable source that Mick Taylor will be in Belgium next week for a Stones Meeting. Anyone else got anything to confirm this??

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 10, 2013 16:19

chrise, how do you know this.
please enlighten us.
jeroen

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 10, 2013 16:22

It was a suggested reason for Mick's "flu" & not coming down to Beaminster on Saturday.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 10, 2013 17:14

seriously doubt that.
Charlie is in Oman, Ronnie somewhere near Mystique on honeymoon, Keef on some island and Mick...
Yeah where is Jagger..

watching some ABBA videos probably.

jeroen

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 10, 2013 17:24

Well since I have my Glasto 2013 already secured I am hoing beyond hope that they will play...I've been to festivals all over the World but there is nothing that compares to Glastonbury for vibe. TO see them on that Pyramid stage would be amazing. I'm hearing a lot of rumours from the music business but nothing confirmed...talks are currently on going. Jagger has stated many times that his daughters (who go to Glasto when it's on) have begged him to play and I reckon Mr Jagger's ego will convince him to do it. It would be another very trendy box to tick on his list and of course the celebs who rock up for it reads like a who's who of the London set. If they play, I'll get the photos straight on here on my return!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 10, 2013 17:43

corriecas

August 2 shows New York

Thats that

jeroen

Keep smoking Amsterdam's finest.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 10, 2013 17:50

If they play the "Amsterdam ArenA" I'm out

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 10, 2013 18:00

Monkeytonkman
Who's leading the campaign to break into Glasto if it's made official. cus I want in! >grinning smiley<

\m/

Not all hope is lost, you might get lucky when they sell the cancellations/returns on 21st April. If not, THEN we'll snip the wire n' break in .............. stealthily does it !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 10, 2013 19:22

corriecas

August 2 shows New York

Thats that

jeroen
You heard from a cousin of Keith's guitar tech? Then it's a done deal.Not. First of all Pierre,even if he does know anything wouldn't talk about it to anybody. Including a cousin. Second. That schedule is ridiculous and contrary to other more recent credible rumors.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 10, 2013 19:34

sweetcharmedlife
corriecas

August 2 shows New York

Thats that

jeroen
You heard from a cousin of Keith's guitar tech? Then it's a done deal.Not. First of all Pierre,even if he does know anything wouldn't talk about it to anybody. Including a cousin. Second. That schedule is ridiculous and contrary to other more recent credible rumors.

Pierre and I had lunch yesterday and over BBQ he repeatedly refused to answer my Keith laden questions....what a drag

Date: February 10, 2013 20:27

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
It is sad that so many here at IORR suffer from such low self esteem. Give yourself a little credit. Mick and Keith have both said they had to be coaxed into doing something for their 50th anniversary. What IS ridiculous is the notion that nobody from the Stones camp checks in here on a regular basis to check the pulse of the hardcore fan base - it's just good business. Yes, the Stones have their "watchmen", that you can count on.

There is no feud with the Beatles, but someone has to claim the title of "greatest of all time" - better us than them. And we deserve it. Doesn't make us evil because we want to be recognized as the best that ever was.

Low self esteem, says the one that uses "we" willy nilly when blathering about the Stones as if...they are part of the Stones.

Mick had to be coaxed into doing Steel Wheels, just as he has had to been "coaxed" into doing everything since and for one thing only - MONEY.

MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MONEY was and is THE REASON he bothered. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Is it fair to say that when Mick told us (and the world) recently that the main reason the Stones continue is because of us, (the fans) you didn't believe him? And when he told us (in 2003) that the Rolling Stones and their fans are like a family, you also didn't believe him then? Are you calling him a liar?

You are half way to being a Rolling Stones fanatic, (by BV's description) and a member of this family, yet you insult the family you belong to by repeatedly spewing out this line of horse shit that they only do it for the money. Are you that stupid that you would cut off the hand that feeds you? I mean, if the Rolling Stones didn't exist what would you do with all of the time you spend on this site? Be honest, without the Rolling Stones, you wouldn't have a life! Start showing some appreciation! Or find a life outside of the Rolling Stones!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-10 20:32 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 12 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home