Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O/T Kiss - opinions?
Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: January 8, 2013 23:39

good stupid fun...."Kiss" "Dressed To Kill" "Hotter Than Hell" "Rock'n'Roll Over" & "Kiss Alive" that's all you need

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: January 8, 2013 23:50

KiSS = Herpes

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 9, 2013 02:23

Listen to the studio version of Rock Bottom and decide for yourself.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 9, 2013 05:32

They SUCK at music but rock as businessmen. Would like to have a chunk of Gene Simmons' bank account.

Date: January 9, 2013 09:41

Saw them last year, still amazingly good live. Their first albums are good, especially the debut album where the song on the YouTube- clip posted by Chris is taken from.

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: January 9, 2013 09:49

Rollin' Stoner
good stupid fun...."Kiss" "Dressed To Kill" "Hotter Than Hell" "Rock'n'Roll Over" & "Kiss Alive" that's all you need

2nd that! all the boys in primary school used to be fans in the late 70s - had the bubble gum card collection at one stage.....

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 9, 2013 13:41

gene simmons said a while back that KISS will be coming out with a new KISSOLOGY vol 4 ,which i will look forward to,vol 3 ended with the farewell tour with ace and peter. so the new vol 4 should pick up and continue with tommy thayer and eric singer (which i know nobody likes ,but i think they rock esp. eric singer hell of a good drummer)

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 9, 2013 14:08

hbwriter
I like KISS a lot - always have, always will. Born of the same volcano that brought us the Dolls and Aerosmith, they gave a jolt to rock when it needed it - and to me they remain the hardest working band in the biz.

Thanks. I think they are the most misunderstood band. They werent great musicians but didnt pretend to be either. And they're not fake either. I saw them a couple of years ago (no Ace or Peter...) and they sure could play and delievered one great hit after the other.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 16:19

liked them until they created fake peter and fake ace in makeup

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: January 9, 2013 16:52

KISS is not more than useless crap

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 9, 2013 17:01

Their success is part of what drove the music business away from music and into hype and theater, imho. I am proud to say I don't own a single record of theirs.

As a young impressionable pre-teen, I was taken by their appearance but as soon as I heard the music I knew something wasn't right.

My Canadian cousins once has Kiss posters carpeting their bedroom walls when I visited one Christmas. I remeber trying to get them to listen to Stones and Hendrix. Now that we are all grown up, I'm the only real music fan left amoung us and still listening to Stones and Hendrix.

How many people are still putting on Kiss records to listen to? peace

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 9, 2013 17:05

dcba
stargroover
Stick on Kiss Alive 2 at full volume,and you will get it!

thumbs down "Alive II" aka "Overdub Paradise"... >grinning smiley<

Like most live albums by the Stones smoking smiley

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: January 9, 2013 19:28

ghostryder13
liked them until they created fake peter and fake ace in makeup

pissed me off too.

I never really understood the hatred for Kiss. They may well have sold their souls but they also sold lots of records. If it was just about the live show that wouldn't have.

Strutter!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 9, 2013 20:14

Gene Simmons is a huge turn-off for me, as a human being. Yup, he knows the biz, but he grosses me out. I never bought one KISS album, so I don't stand as an expert on their studio albums. To each his own though...if it rocks your world, enjoy it.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 9, 2013 21:21

Since I was working from home on a few written articles I took the opportunity to re-visit some of the recommendations from you guys and I can honestly say they are even worse than I remember them! I tried, lord knows I tried and can usualyy find something positive about a Rock band, but I struggled. Following the Kiss tunes I played some Doors and a little Dead culminating with Let It Bleed, Goats Head Soup and Exile. It was like therapy and soothed my troubled mind. Each to his own though!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 21:45

enough said

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 9, 2013 21:52

custom55
enough said

[www.ebay.com]

>grinning smiley< That really did make me laugh out loud! Cringing.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home