Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Sad old Marianne, says the Daily Mail
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 6, 2013 21:45

Rockman
Heck wonder what sort of soup she was having at the Earl of Warwick party ...

Too bad she wasn't at the Earl of Sandwich party...almost any soup goes with Sandwich.

Re: Sad old Marianne, says the Daily Msad smileyail
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 6, 2013 22:01

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
Quit Judging her current looks- Do we look as good now as we did while in our 20s or even 30s?

Checked through the thread for a reference to her current looks, but couldn't find the one you're referring to. Why are you referring to her current looks?

Because it seems to me that folks are facilitating her current looks of the past. Not all forum participants, but maybe she is happy? MT is happy despite a few pounds heavier. Some posts were suggestive of this development. That's all. She is performing and seems content in my view.

I'm happy and a few pounds heavier too...just think! Me and Mick T!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 6, 2013 22:25

Munichhilton
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
Quit Judging her current looks- Do we look as good now as we did while in our 20s or even 30s?

Checked through the thread for a reference to her current looks, but couldn't find the one you're referring to. Why are you referring to her current looks?

Because it seems to me that folks are facilitating her current looks of the past. Not all forum participants, but maybe she is happy? MT is happy despite a few pounds heavier. Some posts were suggestive of this development. That's all. She is performing and seems content in my view.

More of you to love Munichhilton? grinning smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 6, 2013 22:40

latebloomer
Munichhilton
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain

More of you to love Munichhilton? grinning smiley

That's it exactly more or less.........no wait, more obviously!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 6, 2013 22:46

No mention of the 2cd edition of Broken English, or Brecht & Weill. Just a shallow preoccupation with lovers and looks. Typical tabloid.

Date: January 6, 2013 22:51

I don't like to pass judgement on another person's life, but she made this statement in a public paper about blaming Redlands for her life on drugs, sleeping in the streets. Does she really think her life would have played out very different if Redlands had not happened?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 6, 2013 23:00

In any case, Mick would never have stayed with her. According to her, their sexual r'ship ended long before they actually broke up. He already was deeply involved with Marsha well before they split up. Perhaps Marianne should have seen that coming; after all, Mick's previous girlfriend Chrissie Shrimpton tried to kill herself when Mick cheated on her with Marianne. Mick is the very definition of an homme fatale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-06 23:01 by Bliss.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 6, 2013 23:30

Through the years I only recall that she didn't regret anything except for taking drugs, bit odd if she openly changed here mind about this...........

20 November 2008
MARIANNE Faithfull today claimed that her one regret in life was taking drugs.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 6, 2013 23:55

I did get a chuckle from the reporter's line toward the end of the article: "....she lives in a bohemian existence on a prestigious boulevard....", which I suppose is a bit like living in a hippie commune but still shopping at Lord & Taylor.

A bit of a contradiction, like the article itself. Is she, in fact, really sad? From this article, there's no way of telling for sure. But one thing is true. She certainly has fared better than other legendary debauched figures like Velvet Underground's Nico, who died forgotten and alone before she was 50.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 7, 2013 00:51

the Daily Mail article feels dated...like a pastiche of old articles all brought together to sound new....this interview is better:

[ph.omg.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: January 7, 2013 22:28

TippyToe
Never heard of Mick having a girlfriend named 'Catherine James' before.

She was the one after Marsha Hunt. She also dated Jimmy Page. Said to be very beautiful but I've never seen a picture. I believe she wrote an autobiography IIRC. Sounded depressing.

Date: January 7, 2013 22:32

Claire_M
TippyToe
Never heard of Mick having a girlfriend named 'Catherine James' before.

She was the one after Marsha Hunt*. She also dated Jimmy Page. Said to be very beautiful but I've never seen a picture. I believe she wrote an autobiography IIRC. Sounded depressing.

According to today's Daily Mail article, "The Lover Jagger Can't Forgive" - enjoy"
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Homme fatale is right.

Date: January 7, 2013 22:48

According to today's Daily Mail article, "The Lover Jagger Can't Forgive" - enjoy"
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Homme fatale is right.[/quote]

Ouch!

The article seems to be the second part of an "instalment of the Mail’s major four-part series about Jagger’s women." Anybody have a link to the first part?
I tried searching for it on the Daily Mail's site, but it didn't come up.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: January 7, 2013 23:19

Marianne Faithfull-The Seven Deadly Sins in Landestheater in Linz Austria.
Doing vocals in a Bertholt Brecht-Kurt Weill Ballet You have to be a qualified Artist IMO. Bertholt Brecht-Kurt Weill Art forms belongs in Theaters such as this Beautiful Venu of Landestheater in Linz Austria.

There's not comment at all about The Seven Deadly Sins Ballet performance in Landestheater in Linz and My conclusion is that the Daily never attended the show or were even near this place!

Date: January 8, 2013 00:00

In reality, the Daily Mail wouldn't have a clue about Brecht/ Weill. Lotte Lenya means Rosa Klebb in their eyes.

Date: January 8, 2013 00:26

latebloomer
The article seems to be the second part of an "instalment of the Mail’s major four-part series about Jagger’s women." Anybody have a link to the first part?

It's the Marianne article linked on the first page of this thread.

I imagine Bianca is next, then Jerry or a catch-all piece entitled "Others."

Hey everybody - who's your favorite Mick woman? I choose Bianca, though I imagine she was plenty high maintenance.

Date: January 8, 2013 00:40

Claire_M
latebloomer

It's the Marianne article linked on the first page of this thread.

I imagine Bianca is next, then Jerry or a catch-all piece entitled "Others."

Hey everybody - who's your favorite Mick woman? I choose Bianca, though I imagine she was plenty high maintenance.

Ahhh, that makes sense, thank you Claire_M.

Hard to pick a favorite Mick woman. Marianne, for inspiring him creatively, Bianca because she took him on and stood up to him more than the others, Jerry because she put up with a lot from him and hung in there as long as she could stand it, and L'Wren for finally getting him to settle down. grinning smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 8, 2013 01:28

I don't believe Mick would have stayed with her much longer than the 4 years anyway. He had not even reached the height of his popularity, the Stones were still climbing to the top and I would have to save her time with him had an expiration date. Her talent is highly over-rated IMO, and I personally hate her voice. All I hear is a whisky rattle/rasp.

Date: January 8, 2013 02:22

I think that Marianne Faithfull did have a great and lasting impact on Mick Jagger!

I´ve seen her on a reading tour and got a signature-that means face to face with her in 2008- and she looked great and had a good vibe
......not to forget her brilliant film starring at "Irina Palm".

In 2009 I´ve seen her open air in Berlin, a great concert with a very special atmosphere
- the crowed enjoyed it as much as she did!

Thus, the records she`s made and all her life experiences, she tells in interviews, reveal she is a very strong personality

....she knows about everything, ups and downs, and how to deal with it......

She is not sad, she is wise.....not any more in her twenties, which is good, as we all grow old.....but instead of giving up she´s still doing great- that´s life!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-08 02:25 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: stringpull ()
Date: January 8, 2013 07:30

what a load of garbage....but thats showbiz

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: January 8, 2013 07:38

latebloomer
and L'Wren for finally getting him to settle down. grinning smiley
I doubt he has settled down at all, or ever will. Because he doesn't have to. He's been spoiled by women. He can do whatever the hell he wants. They get jewelry and credit cards and nice trips. Until they can't take it anymore.

Marianne and Mick would've never lasted. They were abusive to each other, trying to out-do one another.

My favorite Mick-woman? David Bowie. (Is it his birthday today?)

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 8, 2013 07:51

riverrat
latebloomer
and L'Wren for finally getting him to settle down. grinning smiley
I doubt he has settled down at all, or ever will. Because he doesn't have to. He's been spoiled by women. He can do whatever the hell he wants. They get jewelry and credit cards and nice trips. Until they can't take it anymore.

Marianne and Mick would've never lasted. They were abusive to each other, trying to out-do one another.

My favorite Mick-woman? David Bowie. (Is it his birthday today?)
hehehehehehehe.... Bset reply post of the year so far...

from the sad face on the Daily Fail... to Bowie... with Birthday wishes... smileys with beer

to Until they can't take it anymore. ...perfectly said.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: January 8, 2013 07:54

I need a spanking, don't I??

Or get sent to bed without supper.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 8, 2013 07:59

riverrat
I need a spanking, don't I??

Or get sent to bed without supper.

Oh my my my... I just (almost) got in ALL SORTS of trouble with my naughty reply, which I backed up.... winking smiley whew... that was close.... its a good thing I looked at my "note to self" BE GOOD! before hitting return...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 8, 2013 09:26

I don't know of there is an online link available, but yesterday's Daily Mail (Oct 7) had a feature on Marsha Hunt. This is obvsiously a series.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 8, 2013 13:44

what a drag it is getting old!

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: January 8, 2013 14:13

Not a very nice article. How many have the opportunity to perform at MSG? There are a lot, not to say the most, performers have to stick to much smaller venues, but that doesn't make them less good. I've seen Marianne many times in Sweden and I think she's an excellent performer. She can really deliver lyrics and you can hear every single phrase. She made the audience at "Södra Teatern" in Stockholm standing up, breathless, after singing "wilder shores of love" a couple of years ago. She always also get good reviews for her performances in Sweden.
Mats

Date: January 8, 2013 15:20

Can anyone tell me if Easy Come Easy Go is any good, please ?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 8, 2013 16:47

Seedy satge shows???? Salle Pleyel and la Cité de la Musique are far from seedy. WTF?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 8, 2013 18:40

Claire_M

In terms of interest, I suppose Marianne - though Marsha Hunt gets my pick in the beauty stakes. She 'inspired' Brown Sugar, too.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home