Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

...Cheap" Superheavy "on Amazon UK...
Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: January 6, 2013 01:18

...2.99£ 12 titles
...3.25 16 titles

Re: ...Cheap" Superheavy "on Amazon UK...
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 6, 2013 12:15

I'll take it only, if I get some compensation for pain and suffering ... and a quarter more for the 16 title version ...

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 6, 2013 12:21

I already got the 16 track version. I never would have gotten the 12 track version because some of the best songs (Warring People, Mahiya) on that album are among those 4 additional tracks of the 16 track version. What a waste it was to produce a 12 track version.

As always with high profile artists, the song choices for what actually made the 12 track album are somewhat questionable for this listener .

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: January 6, 2013 12:33

Wow it seems to have found its level in the market place.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: January 6, 2013 13:47

Huh, it's gone up since i ordered it.
I ordered the 'deluxe' version for £1.99 last week while the regular version was £2.99. Wonder if they'd made a mistake?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 6, 2013 17:19

Still too expensive. I'll wait for the "comes with bonus check worth $70" version

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 6, 2013 17:56

jp.M
...2.99£ 12 titles
...3.25 16 titles

The 16 track was 1.99 just after Christmas...I posted that on some other thread.

Looks like we've got a price jump...demand must be hot!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 6, 2013 21:59

Hopefully this will teach Jagger a lesson, if you team up with has beens and wanna bees to produce a one off recording this is where it all ends. Dreadful collection of songs. Shame as Joss aint bad on her own. Dave should never have been allowed to go near instruments from when he was a teenager.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: January 7, 2013 14:05

I get the feeling this album is getting slapped on this board just because it isn't the Stones. How could it be?

Anyhow, if you can get over the fact that Mick is no more than just one of Dave Stewart's singers on SuperHeavy, it is a fine album. The production sounds a little too much of its era in places and the songs are a little too streamlined for mass consumption and lack edge, especially the opener and closer of the "standard edition", but there are some gems amongst the bunch.

After all, it was all conceived as a smartphone download only release initially, and I guess that commercial aspect is shining through in the musical arrangements and lyrical content to some extent.

Yet, there is unique stuff like "Warring People" which is not taking itself too seriously either when Joss Stone sings Indian language lyrics and makes it sound like the first name Conchita. It is moments like this when this album is most fun, especially because it tries to be rather serious as opposed to humourous all the time.

Date: January 7, 2013 16:57

Hey, I'm one of the few that actually really like this album. I'd buy the follow-up if there ever is one.

I'm amazed at how little marketing they actually did for this in the first place.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 7, 2013 21:05

treaclefingers
Hey, I'm one of the few that actually really like this album. I'd buy the follow-up if there ever is one.

I'm amazed at how little marketing they actually did for this in the first place.

You're not alone, treaclefingers. I'm not a fan of much of Mick's solo work, but I do like this one.

I'm currently reading Stanley Booth's Keith book (a recent charity-shop find) and there's a bit where a music journalist says that his paper is giving Talk Is Cheap a bad review (even though everyone likes it) because they hope it will fail so the Stones will get back together. I do wonder whether there was a bit of this in the general hate for Superheavy? Or is it just that nobody likes world music?

Date: January 7, 2013 21:08

Green Lady
treaclefingers

You're not alone, treaclefingers. I'm not a fan of much of Mick's solo work, but I do like this one.

I'm currently reading Stanley Booth's Keith book (a recent charity-shop find) and there's a bit where a music journalist says that his paper is giving Talk Is Cheap a bad review (even though everyone likes it) because they hope it will fail so the Stones will get back together. I do wonder whether there was a bit of this in the general hate for Superheavy? Or is it just that nobody likes world music?

I had no problem with people not liking it of course, but the vitriol spewed for this by some was disproportionate to the music.

So yes, I also get that feeling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home