Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: World tour 2013
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 21, 2012 14:57

PeanutGallery
Keith already confirmed coming tour.

Keith already cleared the air on this in a Rolling Stone interview in October:

In October, while discussing the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary dates in London and New York, Keith Richards told Rolling Stone: "My experience with the Rolling Stones is that once the juggernaut starts rolling, it ain't gonna stop. So without sort of saying definitely yes – yeah. We ain't doing all this for four gigs!" [My emphasis added.]

He's right. They ended up doing five (Or seven. Or eight, if you want to split hairs)

I think they'll do a tour next year ok, but I wouldnt take a comment from one band member a month BEFORE the shows as a rock-solid guarantee. Had the recent shows been disastrous, I would have doubted the Stones - and Jagger especially -would have even seriously considered embarrassing themselves any further.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 21, 2012 15:04

I wouldn't be suprised if they carried on doing a similar half dozen or so dates [or "mini tours"] in their respective markets over the next year or so.

It'll end up being a world tour...but without the previously huge committment and attrition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-21 15:04 by Spud.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 21, 2012 16:34

so Jagger has given the Go word. Good stuff !!

It will be a small tour i think. Maybe 2,4 months.

even so............... Great, as long asthey play the Ziggodome, and NOT Arena Amsterdam

jeroen

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: December 21, 2012 16:57

It will be NYC/Chicago/LA/Vegas and a few more major cities in USA

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 21, 2012 17:05

Go to LA play 5 dates... take 1 month off...
Go to China city1 play 5 dates... take 1 month off....
Go to Vegas, play 5 dates take a month off...
Go to Brazil, play 5 dates... take a month off....
Go back to China city2 play 5 dates... take 1 month off....
Go to Chicago, play 5 dates... take a month off
Go to Paris, play 5 dates.... take a month off....
Go to Sydney, play 5 dates... take a month off....
Go back to China city3 play 5 dates... take 1 month off....
Go to LA or Chicago or Denver etc etc etc play 5 dates... take 1 month off...
Repeat forever until people stop going/paying BIG bucks, or untilsomeone fall over...

ps

3-5 dates... whatever they think....

PPS
Dont misunderstand, I have no affection for China, but they have to burn, and they do.

Posted by: stones1975 ()
Date: December 21, 2012 17:09

i say YES only the stones

Date: December 21, 2012 17:15

Forget playing the usa,
just Amsterdam

jeroen

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 21, 2012 17:19

The significant playing on Exile is from K.R. Jimmy Miller was a great producer, he understood how to use percussion and make tracks dance. Taylor was a great lead player and added amazing acoustic parts especially on Sticky Fingers. A perfect storm but The Glimmer Twins would have done fine no matter since they are experts at choosing great people. Ronnie is a Stone, heart and soul, like Ringo was a perfect Beatle.

Date: December 21, 2012 17:28

Max'sKansasCity
Dont misunderstand, I have no affection for China, but they have to burn, and they do.

Thats a bit harsh! LOL

Date: December 21, 2012 17:57

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity

Thats a bit harsh! LOL
smileys with beer

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 21, 2012 18:03

In the last Rock&Folk (french magazine), there is an interview with Sixto Rodriguez (Sugar man) : in 13, i'll play at the Carnegie hall, Coachella in april and Glastonbury in june with the Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 21, 2012 18:20

marclaff
In the last Rock&Folk (french magazine), there is an interview with Sixto Rodriguez (Sugar man) : in 13, i'll play at the Carnegie hall, Coachella in april and Glastonbury in june with the Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac.

Makes sense, The Mac IS headed out on a tour (and The Stones are primed)
although without Christine McVie, I think I will pass when it stops here.
Once upon a time I saw the Tusk tour from 3rd row center and it was amazing
I am not sure they could ever top that performance, the whole band was on it,
and Christine's sweet "songbird" was stellar... and Stevie was amazing... and etc etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-21 18:22 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 21, 2012 18:27

in the next 3-4 years they should make every year a mini tour in two parts one in spring and another in summer fall:10-15 shows + 10-15 shows with new stuff recorded, also 4-5 new tunes, an EP...So they could make happy all worldwide fans and go away with...The Biggest Bang!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 21, 2012 18:38

Max'sKansasCity

Makes sense, The Mac IS headed out on a tour (and The Stones are primed)
although without Christine McVie, I think I will pass when it stops here.
Once upon a time I saw the Tusk tour from 3rd row center and it was amazing
I am not sure they could ever top that performance, the whole band was on it,
and Christine's sweet "songbird" was stellar... and Stevie was amazing... and etc etc

Tusk is by far my favorite Fleetwood Mac album. It amazes me that it received lukewarm reception. The rest of their catalog is hit/miss (Mystery To Me anyone?) but Tusk is fantastic.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 21, 2012 19:06

I think if they were to do 3-5 night stands in select cities for a tour, they would be pretty much guaranteed to sell out every show at the 2012 prices if they started to do full album shows. They could play Begger's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Some Girls and possibly Exile in their entirety.

The 2012 shows featured 23 songs, some of which already factor from these albums, so by playing Sticky Fingers, that still leaves 13 more songs from their catlog to play. A show with the 18 songs form Exile could be like when Springsteen played his 20 song The River once in 2009 or like The Who playing Quadrophenia on the current tour, where it was the full album, then a few additional catalog songs in the encore.

There are enough hard core Stones fans that would have to see every show in their city to experience these unique shows. In recent years, the Stones have played almost every song off Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Some Girls, so they could definitely pull these ones off. These are popular albums even with casual fans, and even if a casul fan doesn't know all of the deep album cuts, there is still another 13 or so songs left in the set list of warhorses or others.

Playing Let It Bleed, Stick and Exile would also give them a chance to have Mick Taylor guest for the entirety of the album they are playing that night, giving him and the fans a much longer chance to experience him playing with them, while still keeping him separate from the rest of the show.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 21, 2012 19:11

Halup
I think if they were to do 3-5 night stands in select cities for a tour, they would be pretty much guaranteed to sell out every show at the 2012 prices if they started to do full album shows. They could play Begger's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Some Girls and possibly Exile in their entirety.

The 2012 shows featured 23 songs, some of which already factor from these albums, so by playing Sticky Fingers, that still leaves 13 more songs from their catlog to play. A show with the 18 songs form Exile could be like when Springsteen played his 20 song The River once in 2009 or like The Who playing Quadrophenia on the current tour, where it was the full album, then a few additional catalog songs in the encore.

There are enough hard core Stones fans that would have to see every show in their city to experience these unique shows. In recent years, the Stones have played almost every song off Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers and Some Girls, so they could definitely pull these ones off. These are popular albums even with casual fans, and even if a casul fan doesn't know all of the deep album cuts, there is still another 13 or so songs left in the set list of warhorses or others.

Playing Let It Bleed, Stick and Exile would also give them a chance to have Mick Taylor guest for the entirety of the album they are playing that night, giving him and the fans a much longer chance to experience him playing with them, while still keeping him separate from the rest of the show.

Didn't think it was possible, but the thread sets even sillier.

Is it better than 50/50 that there will be any shows at all? Maybe. Anyone think that the shows, if there are any, will be any different from the 'warhorse" laden shows they have been doing since, well, forever? Please, they are not learning all those songs.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 21, 2012 19:19

Rokyfan
Halup

Didn't think it was possible, but the thread sets even sillier.

Is it better than 50/50 that there will be any shows at all? Maybe. Anyone think that the shows, if there are any, will be any different from the 'warhorse" laden shows they have been doing since, well, forever? Please, they are not learning all those songs.

I'm not saying they are touring, though I think they will, and I find it very unlikely they ever would do what I suggested. I'm just saying that it would be a sure fire way for them to sell out shows at these 2012 prices for multi night stands. They got away with these prices because the 2012 tour capitalized on the 50th anniversary hype and it was limited to only 2 markets. What I suggested was them playing their most popular albums in concert and in the case of Bleed, Stciky and Girls, they have already played almost eveyr single song off them since the No Security tour, so there isn't much learning new songs.

Date: December 21, 2012 19:47

marclaff

wtf is sixto rodriguez=====???????????????????????????????????????
i guess he is Mick Taylor
jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 21, 2012 20:02

So has anything more substantial surfaced on this Mick interview on Norwegian TV ? Was it made in the US last week possibly? Are you sure it was not an interview of BV ? ;-)

24FPS
gotdablouse
What "first concert" ? Ah ok, the first concert in 1963, ok. Aren't the past that "50 Year and Counting" stuff though?

@24FPS - why do you write that OMS is not Keith's riff? Are you saying that it's Steve Jordan's riff, the man who's never written anything of interest other than with Keith? Actually I'd be curious to know if anyone's ever asked them how they collaborate? It would have to be SJ editing Keith's ideas?

Sorry, it's a reflexive dangling participle problem. I meant to say that Keith didn't write the riff to Doom and Gloom.

Ah ok !

Date: December 21, 2012 20:20

Halup

Couldnt agree less, quite honestly.

The amount of cities where they could sell three arena shows at those prices could probably be counted on one hand.

I doubt most would be attendees would be more attracted if they knew that half the show was going to be songs from one album.

These shows werent that hard to get tickets for even though there were only 2-3 shows per continent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-21 20:20 by Gazza.

Date: December 21, 2012 20:24

PeanutGallery

In October, while discussing the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary dates in London and New York, Keith Richards told Rolling Stone: "My experience with the Rolling Stones is that once the juggernaut starts rolling, it ain't gonna stop. So without sort of saying definitely yes – yeah. We ain't doing all this for four gigs!" [My emphasis added.]

Inside the Rolling Stones' Reunion
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards tell all about the band's 50th-anniversary blowout
October 24, 2012
www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-the-rolling-stones-reunion-20121024

If Coachella slipped out through their new mobile app, the question is, is it first up? Why is anyone doubting the credibility of the slip? It was via their app. [Dainty, et al.] And the bona fides of the other event which was independently verified,...

What other indicators are there pointing to, suggesting, the when/where of beginning of the tour? — not "if."

PeanutGallery

What Keith did was hint at further shows. The Coachella so called slip up was also a tease. They know damn well that they are going to do shows in 2013 and produce a new album! Why not just come out and say so? No, they love driving us all up the wall with anticipation! And if there isn't anything official then there is always just a little sliver of doubt. Maddening!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 21, 2012 20:57

corriecas
marclaff

wtf is sixto rodriguez=====???????????????????????????????????????
i guess he is Mick Taylor
jeroen

Rodriguez is a fantastic musician (bigger than The Stones, Elvis & The Beatles in South Africa according to the documentary Searching For Sugar Man released this summer)

Outstanding soundtrack as well.

Save your WTF's for why he got screwed by the music business for as long as he did (decades!)

Date: December 21, 2012 21:10

Gazza
PeanutGallery

He's right. They ended up doing five (Or seven. Or eight, if you want to split hairs)

I think they'll do a tour next year ok, but I wouldnt take a comment from one band member a month BEFORE the shows as a rock-solid guarantee. Had the recent shows been disastrous, I would have doubted the Stones - and Jagger especially -would have even seriously considered embarrassing themselves any further.

Mick never would have done the shows if he thought there was any chance they were going to embarrass themselves or tarnish the image of the band.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 21, 2012 22:01

marclaff
Did Manoeuvre stamped that ?

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 22, 2012 00:58

This interview With Jagger is taken after the last us-concerts.
The possibility for a world tour is probably 98% for shure.
Lots of Things is going to be put together,before they og out With it.
Economics,bookings of stadiums etc.
Make me think about the fiwe concerts,they already done.
Was it a test?I think they got the right answer,they can do it again for shure.

Date: December 22, 2012 07:18

Gazza
PeanutGallery

"confirmed" has a meaning and this is not it. This is more "Keith mused about the possibility of more shows, the chances of which he had no clue when he made the statement."

Whether there are going to be any more shows or not, they would be saying the same thing they are now. Maybe. They would never announce no more shows.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: December 22, 2012 07:32

Gazza
Halup

The amount of cities where they could sell three arena shows at those prices could probably be counted on one hand.

I doubt most would be attendees would be more attracted if they knew that half the show was going to be songs from one album.

These shows werent that hard to get tickets for even though there were only 2-3 shows per continent.

The shows "weren't that hard to get tickets for" because the vast majority of tickets were premium-priced. If they weren't charging $800 for tickets, they would have had no problems selling out the shows.

Date: December 22, 2012 08:41

SecondSet
Gazza
Halup

The shows "weren't that hard to get tickets for" because the vast majority of tickets were premium-priced. If they weren't charging $800 for tickets, they would have had no problems selling out the shows.

So this fantasy includes that the tickets will be, say, Springsteen-priced ($100) and not top of the market? OK.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:40

You and me and everyone else here would go to an evening of EOMS in it's entirety but would they sell 100,000 tickets - as they have just done - at these top prices? Doubt it

I think Keith and Ronnie would love to go on the road, question is more about MJ and Charlie

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: December 22, 2012 14:06

suspense is killing me...will Mick be with them, too??????????confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home